MCTS Color

I had to refresh my recollection, but it appears that this one differs from the last, basically by doing away with white. and a more swoopy rainbow.

However, this seems to be the third in about the time that CTA only had the white with blue and red stripes, in that it also had the green stripe one. Is that about right?

The current scheme was introduced around 1999 or 2000, with the last of the green stripe buses being either the Neoplans, or the Orion Vs (some Orions were repainted in the then-new scheme, some were retired with green stripes).

So, depending on whether you want to count the green stripe as having gone away in 1999 or in 2003/4, you're looking at 3 paint schemes in either 6 or 11 years.

I find it odd that the scheme was introduced on Friday (and MCTS was even advertising that they'd publicly introduce the new scheme on Friday), but there's no image of it on their website anywhere (that I can find).

I think this is a pretty good update. Now if they'd only dump that godawful bus stop design they introduced five years ago (many of which are already fading worse than their predecessor bus stops).

The current scheme was introduced around 1999 or 2000, with the last of the green stripe buses being either the Neoplans, or the Orion Vs (some Orions were repainted in the then-new scheme, some were retired with green stripes).

So, depending on whether you want to count the green stripe as having gone away in 1999 or in 2003/4, you're looking at 3 paint schemes in either 6 or 11 years.

I find it odd that the scheme was introduced on Friday (and MCTS was even advertising that they'd publicly introduce the new scheme on Friday), but there's no image of it on their website anywhere (that I can find).

I think this is a pretty good update. Now if they'd only dump that godawful bus stop design they introduced five years ago (many of which are already fading worse than their predecessor bus stops).

HI,

The current MCTS color scheme was introduced in 1996 with the delivery of the first low floor

New Flyers in the 4000-series.

As a life-long fan of MCTS and its predecesors, here is a run-down of Milwaukee paint schemes

over the years:

1936 - The first trackless trolleys introduced the orange bottom, cream top, and maroon belt rail

with gold striping. The last few buses operating in this scheme were from the

Twin Coach 41-SW's in the 1075-1096 series, which were the last gasoline buses

retired in March 1967.

1953 - The first 40-foot GM 5105's (1320-1340) dropped the gold striping and had just a

plain maroon belt rail. The last few buses to carry this scheme were later 5105's

from the series 1379 - 1403 in late 1967.

1956 - All

HI,

The current MCTS color scheme was introduced in 1996 with the delivery of the first low floor

As a life-long fan of MCTS and its predecesors, here is a run-down of Milwaukee paint schemes

over the years:

1936 - The first trackless trolleys introduced the orange bottom, cream top, and maroon belt rail

with gold striping. The last few buses operating in this scheme were from the

Twin Coach 41-SW's in the 1075-1096 series, which were the last gasoline buses

retired in March 1967.

1953 - The first 40-foot GM 5105's (1320-1340) dropped the gold striping and had just a

plain maroon belt rail. The last few buses to carry this scheme were later 5105's

from the series 1379 - 1403 in late 1967.

1956 - All new

HI,

That is not correct.

The first series of 1996-1997 D40LFs (4000-4145) and 1998 D30LFs (4200-4208) were delivered in the green stripe scheme. The 2000 D40LFs (4300-4389) were the first new buses delivered with the current livery. As I noted earlier, the current paint was introduced in winter 1999-2000, after MCTS received the "America's Best" award from APTA.

• Upvote 1

I guess that is true and here are actual facts to support that

The New Flyer Industries D40LFR is a restyled version of the popular D40LF model. It features a curved front end, as well as a smoother rear end with recessed taillights. The majority of the bus remains the same as the D40LF.

After the 2009 model year, New Flyer will no longer offer the LF series of buses with the traditional style front and rear ends. In November 2009, New Flyer updated their website and removed the LF models from their lineup. The D40LF has been replaced by the D40LFR. Production for some existing orders of the D40LF were built in 2010.

So what im guessing is that fans of the d40lf will have to with the orders between 2000-2008 to handle the ease of the curvy new design that we'll get coming in july....all i can say is D*M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im surely going to miss the 4000 series though

I wonder who will wind up with the last D40LF. Detroit is receiving a number of brand-new D40LFs right now (which just so happen to be numbered in the 1000 series, though apparently that's because they're going to be numbered based on delivery year).

WISH WE WERE GETTING THEM INSTEAD OF THOSE UGLY NEW FRONTS WERE GETTTING I ENJOY THE 4400-5000 SERIES BUSES WE HAVE HERE THE ENGINES ARE A DELIGHT TO HEAR AND THE DESIGN OF THE 4800-5000 ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE 4400-4700 SERIES

• 1 month later...

HERE ARE THE NEW PHOTOS OF THE BUSES RELEASED JULY 14, 2010 AND MUST I SAY THE NEW COLOR SCHEME AND BUSES HAVE A FRESH FEEL TO THE MILWAUKEE BUS FLEET A NEW LOOK AND HOPEFULLY A NEW START FOR MCTS

HERE ARE PHOTOS OF THE BUSES THAT ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING THE POST AND PHOTO ABOVE IS OF THE NEW FLEET WE HAVE EFFECTIVE JULY 14, 2010

post-670-12792123026571_thumb.jpg

post-670-12792123395694_thumb.jpg

post-670-12792124094039_thumb.jpg

post-670-12792124369491_thumb.jpg

nice

THANK YOU VERY MUCH THE RECENT CHANGE BEFORE THIS 2010 COLOR SCHEME WAS IN THE RECENT PURCHASE MODELS THE 4300-5000 BETWEEN 2000-2008 SO TO SEE THEN UPDATE THE COLOR SCHEME SO RECENT IS REFRESHING BUT AT SAME TIME MAKES ME WONDER IF THEY WERE REALLY HAPPY WITH THE COLOR SCHEME CHANGE AT ALL. I MEAN THE NEW ONE IS GREAT BUT THE RECENT ONE MADE A STATEMENT IN MILWAUKEE

HERE ARE THE NEW PHOTOS OF THE BUSES RELEASED JULY 14, 2010 AND MUST I SAY THE NEW COLOR SCHEME AND BUSES HAVE A FRESH FEEL TO THE MILWAUKEE BUS FLEET A NEW LOOK AND HOPEFULLY A NEW START FOR MCTS

Looks similar to, but fancier than the graphic Archon posted at the top of the thread. It seems to change the effect that the white sweep between the two blue sections and resulting arcs are much closer to the front of the bus.