Pace Bus 2010

Well, it obviously now has an IBS. The only thing I see different from the 2600s is that it has a segmented rear seat, instead of a bench one, also generally no transoms on the windows.

Also, since most of the seats have Pace seat covers, I doubt that it is going anywhere else after BusCon, at least in revenue service, unless they intend to rip out the inserts.

The real question: Is there anything different in the driver's "cockpit" than in any other bus of the last 10 years or so?

Now you are starting to get to the essence of the issue. However, around here, board approval is needed to spend money and purchase goods or services, while one could assume that the Executive Director has the authority to "try something out."

Good points. It would be nice if there was some official documentation on this however if it could be posted on their website. Of course posting multiple agreements, memos, etc. would chew up a lot of bandwidth so I understand why they don't or can't.

Here are a few pictures I took of the inside of PACE 2010.

It'll be interesting to see how long it stays in service considering it's a fully equipped Pace bus and not just a generic demo unit. I like the forward facing seats on the upper deck. It looks like they all face forward with the set over the wheels being raised up, much like suburban style GILLIG Low Floors/BRTs and some Orion VIIs are configured.

• 3 weeks later...

Talking to an operator in Chicago Heights today,South Div.has taken possession of PACE 2010,it has been on rt.357 to Ford Heights and already has been involved in a"minor"paint transfer accident. :o

What a surprise! How did this happen? And why is it when we hear about a reported Pace accident, no matter what extent it is, south is the division involved? This is one reason why their buses get beat up so bad over there.

What a surprise! How did this happen? And why is it when we hear about a reported Pace accident, no matter what extent it is, south is the division involved? This is one reason why their buses get beat up so bad over there.

That's not true, when 5750 had pictures of two wrecks in West; fronts bashed in, not just scraped paint, compared with 6173 at South Holland. The burned out hulk in South Holland (presumably 6047) was also from West, while it was reported that 2453 was a BBQ bus at South.

Hence, to that degree what we know is that West is at least tied with South, may be ahead. Pace is, of course, not disclosing what, if anything else, is hiding in its garages, nor why something was retired early.

So, as usual, "when we hear" proves nothing, especially not this.

I hope this is not a replay of the Bus Accident thread.

No no, not at all. That's why I stressed reported. I'm fully aware of 6040, 6047, and remember 6059 got rear-ended a few years ago just down the street of Pace West. So sure west has had it's problems. However, there are other divisions that have fender benders and the like that we never hear about unless it's serious. So to hear that 2010 has a problem already, although we don't know the extent, kinda bothers me. I just hope that since Pace834 is stressing that it's minor that it's fixable. South gets a lot of bad rap because of the condition of their buses.

BTW, is it showing up on Webwatch?

No no, not at all. That's why I stressed reported.

The only reason it was reported is because it was the demo bus. As far as reports, 5750 had reported that 2374 had hit a toll plaza barrier and its headlight was punched out. It was fixed, and then retired.

What gets reported (and the ones I mentioned were reported by 5750) is only what is of interest. Like my saying that only some people have access to the CTA roster (and apparently nobody here has access to the Pace one, or at least has admitted it yet), I'm pretty sure that no one is posting the repair shop list.

BTW, is it showing up on Webwatch?

In that Webwatch shows only 2 buses, while it takes 3 to cover the route, that might be evidence, however, you can't prove anything with a negative. I did check all 349-367 routes available before posting this. The question is, of course, why some buses that obviously have an IBS don't show up, and that was the case with some buses 2767 and up.

post-14-12822290613604_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought 2010 would be gone by now, but it's on the 357 today.

It has had sporadic appearances, including about a week ago in the afternoon on 395 (which is shared between S and SW).

Getting back to the subject of why ElDorado built it on its own account, maybe it eventually will be an Altoona tester.

What gets reported (and the ones I mentioned were reported by 5750) is only what is of interest. Like my saying that only some people have access to the CTA roster (and apparently nobody here has access to the Pace one, or at least has admitted it yet), I'm pretty sure that no one is posting the repair shop list.

I did hear of someone getting a Pace roster sometime in the past year or so. It was said to be difficult though as they needed to pick up a paper version in person at Pace headquarters IIRC. Definitely no asking "Can I have a current list of the active bus fleet?" in an email and getting a list or spreadsheet emailed back as has happened with some TAs i've contacted. Granted I haven't tried asking Pace as the info. is already available online from other sources.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...