Pace YouTube

twyztdmynd

All the quick turns in Wheaton make me dizzy. I'm sure no one can tell or cares how it gets to Roosevelt Rd.

At 0:28 I see rotjohn's point about the rear. The cover has two sets of vent perforations not found on any of the others. I wonder why.

Of course, it isn't the same as 2010, either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pace Route 349... Rather a dull route to do a vid on. Agree?

http://www.youtube.c...8AU&feature=sub

I agree that it reinforces my view that the route from the Harvey TC to Blue Island is not scenic.

Also, the way the most of the routes were chosen for videos, Pace will show that it is in real trouble if it does one for 352 or 290. For that matter, if lack of ridership is a criterion, I'm surprised they haven't done most North Shore and close by Northwest division routes. At least the view out the window would be more picturesque (the bus turns on Prospect Street in Park Ridge, where Hillary Rodham first hung out, then turns on Oakton near the boyhood home of Callista Flockhart's husband, and ends at Golf Mill, near that French emporium, J.C. Pennee).

Heck, they could have at least done 364, which goes down 155th Street, also known as Tom Dreesen Blvd.

Pace Route 349... Rather a dull route to do a vid on. Agree?

It is no doubt very dull route to make a video of, but I have to say I like the bus footage they included which kinda makes up for it.

It is no doubt very dull route to make a video of, but I have to say I like the bus footage they included which kinda makes up for it.

The inference from that, also from Webwatch and a couple of times I tooled down to Harvey was that this became a 35 foot bus route. Anyone from South to confirm whether that works?

While on topic, what routes would we like to see on YouTube? Hey Mr Pace Guy.... Here's my two cents.

1. 570 and 572... our Lake County College buses. An effort to show students remind students Pace is there for them. (i.e. 714)

2. 696... See above

3. 331... A Service to Brookfield Zoo

While on topic, what routes would we like to see on YouTube? Hey Mr Pace Guy.... Here's my two cents.

2. 696... See above

696 is already there. I had previously commented that there were too many turns in the Rolling Meadows area to make sense of it. Of course, the beginning of the video is already obsolete.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see on the PaceSuburbanBus homepage that one of our people requested, and got, 349. Someone else asked for 352 and 353. 353 would be as dizzying as the last two (the Elgin one is compounded by a somewhat lack of familiarity with Elgin, and well as tacking the school trip at the end). However, if Pace were to do those two for the reason it does most (because the route is in trouble), we would really be in trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just notice something for myself maybe you've seen it too. I went to the website PaceBus and under maps and schedules I clicked Service Types , There I saw the picture of the Coach USA coach doing route 855. I then went to the learn more link. There they have links to the express route, And clicking on 855, scrolling down, There was the YouTube video describing the route.

I just thought this was neat.

• 4 weeks later...

Pace video on College of Lake County. Has a underlying movie trailer look to it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RJ_X5NXv8Dw

I'm not sure why the film noir music was needed before :55. One would really have to scare me to take the bus to Oakton Community College (and, BTW, for those of you who can't figure out my double meanings, the slam may reflect on OCC rather than the 208 bus).

Also, at about :56 appears to be 6661, still with the wrap for Provena Hospital in Elgin.

I'm not sure why the film noir music was needed before :55. One would really have to scare me to take the bus to Oakton Community College (and, BTW, for those of you who can't figure out my double meanings, the slam may reflect on OCC rather than the 208 bus).

Also, at about :56 appears to be 6661, still with the wrap for Provena Hospital in Elgin.

That's definitely 6661. Wasn't that bus moved from Elgin a few years ago?

• 2 months later...