West Division - Changes & Restructuring

RJL6000

4 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

What change is being made to 386?

Not an official one (that I know of), I've just wanted the 386 to service Bridgeview T.C. My opinion was that a transit center just for the 896 was a waste of money, and at the very least, the 307, 330 and 386 could service it as well, with the 63W/165 coming later, and possibly the 379 Fedex trips and 382 "O" Trips 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Not an official one (that I know of), I've just wanted the 386 to service Bridgeview T.C. My opinion was that a transit center just for the 896 was a waste of money, and at the very least, the 307, 330 and 386 could service it as well, with the 63W/165 coming later, and possibly the 379 Fedex trips and 382 "O" Trips 

There were plans to restructure Southwest Division to serve Bridgeview at some point (this was back in early 2010 though)...so just getting Bridgeview to serve more than 387 and 855/6 is a start. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

330 should stay the way it is now.  It's good to have a Pace route terminate at Harlem/Archer at Neva because it provodes easy access to the #62 Archer and #62H for those who want to go to Midway.  It's a good CTA connector (and the only one) for those coming from Hodgkins, Countryside and McCook.  It's also a fast way for those who live in Garfield Ridge to go to the Quarry Shopping Center (where there is a Walmart, Target, Kohls, .etc)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

330 should stay the way it is now.  It's good to have a Pace route terminate at Harlem/Archer at Neva because it provodes easy access to the #62 Archer and #62H for those who want to go to Midway.  It's a good CTA connector (and the only one) for those coming from Hodgkins, Countryside and McCook.  It's also a fast way for those who live in Garfield Ridge to go to the Quarry Shopping Center (where there is a Walmart, Target, Kohls, .etc)

Well, the 62 won't be getting you to Midway, for one xD. Secondly, I was fine with an extension of the current route. It's usefulness was only predicated on everything else serving there as well, as I was interesting in getting those 330 riders over to the industrial areas served by 382 and 379 (and vice versa), and still preserving the Midway connection. Ultimately, if it doesn't, I'm fine, since it is sort of duplicative

11 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Well, the 62 won't be getting you to Midway, for one xD. Secondly, I was fine with an extension of the current route. It's usefulness was only predicated on everything else serving there as well, as I was interesting in getting those 330 riders over to the industrial areas served by 382 and 379 (and vice versa), and still preserving the Midway connection. Ultimately, if it doesn't, I'm fine, since it is sort of duplicative

Of course the #62 doesn't take you to Midway.  I said the #62H does lmaoo... I live pretty close to this area so I know

Extending 330 to Bridgeview is unnecessary and it would just add to the already long route.  There is a lot of traffic on Harlem between Archer and 63rd St.  Knowing the frequency of 330, they will need to add more buses in order to extend it.  It would be a waste to be honest.  Passengers would already have a good connection anyway with 307 if they want Bridgeview.  It's every 15 minutes vs 330 being every 20-30mins.  Knowing Pace, they wouldn't have two routes run together for a long distance. 

1 hour ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Of course the #62 doesn't take you to Midway.  I said the #62H does lmaoo... I live pretty close to this area so I know

Extending 330 to Bridgeview is unnecessary and it would just add to the already long route.  There is a lot of traffic on Harlem between Archer and 63rd St.  Knowing the frequency of 330, they will need to add more buses in order to extend it.  It would be a waste to be honest.  Passengers would already have a good connection anyway with 307 if they want Bridgeview.  It's every 15 minutes vs 330 being every 20-30mins.  Knowing Pace, they wouldn't have two routes run together for a long distance. 

ehhh, in the interest of pedantry, 309/313, 307/318, 352/359, everything from Cicero/59th to Cicero/87th, lol. I get what you're saying though. I do agree with you, this was all just a sample vision predicated on those work trips coming over, which I don't see happening in the foreseeable future.

Although now that I type this, I don't think they'll have the 386 divert in, at least anytime soon. That's a decision that could've been made with the 307, and maybe all the work needed was adjusting schedules by 1 or 2 mins. Happy to be wrong, especially seeing as I don't work for pace.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

ehhh, in the interest of pedantry, 309/313, 307/318, 352/359, everything from Cicero/59th to Cicero/87th, lol. I get what you're saying though. I do agree with you, this was all just a sample vision predicated on those work trips coming over, which I don't see happening in the foreseeable future.

Although now that I type this, I don't think they'll have the 386 divert in, at least anytime soon. That's a decision that could've been made with the 307, and maybe all the work needed was adjusting schedules by 1 or 2 mins. Happy to be wrong, especially seeing as I don't work for pace.

Yeah I mean it's good to make suggestions.  I still wish Pershing Road / 39th St and Ogden US-34 had a bus to Midway from Downers Grove LOL

Cicero/59th to 87th, from what I know, has a pretty high number of ridership.  Every bus I've seen in that corridor is packed with passengers. 

I guess my point with not extending 330 was that knowing ridership patterns between Harlem/Archer and Harlem/63rd, 307 and #62H already serve well in that corridor and the buses aren't really packed.  I do see why you'd want 330 to be extended, though.

1 hour ago, John7 said:

What they should do with 330 is extend it to midway like every hour. Now that would be useful for me instead of using 62h. Plus it'll connect both airport's.

Unnecessary.  Pace isn't going to extend a route just for one guy.  

I don't see the necessity to connect two airports either.

1 hour ago, John7 said:

What they should do with 330 is extend it to midway like every hour. Now that would be useful for me instead of using 62h. Plus it'll connect both airport's.

@chicagocubs6323 had a good point about extending it in regards to the fact that the route is long enough. Futhermore, I don't believe there is bay space (maybe they lump it in with 386?) and the select few people going from O'Hare to Midway & vice versa can use Airport SuperSaver or the Blue/Orange Line

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 8:12 PM, chicagocubs6323 said:

Unnecessary.  Pace isn't going to extend a route just for one guy.  

I don't see the necessity to connect two airports either.

Honesty, they’re not wrong. Bay space is a major issue, but getting from Argo to Midway is another thing. 

1 hour ago, MetroShadow said:

Honesty, they’re not wrong. Bay space is a major issue, but getting from Argo to Midway is another thing. 

To clarify for everyone. 

Argo to Midway = 63W - West 63rd St

Harlem / Archer to Midway - 62H 

There are already routes that exist and there shouldn't be anymore that overlap them because that means low ridership and loss of money.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

To clarify for everyone. 

Argo to Midway = 63W - West 63rd St

Harlem / Archer to Midway - 62H 

There are already routes that exist and there shouldn't be anymore that overlap them because that means low ridership and loss of money.

Correct but what about access from the west suburbs without the need for transferring? 

Duplication is one thing, but when you have two markets to serve, you could do both and coordinate services. I’m not saying that it would be the best idea, but from a planning perspective it’s also not the worst. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

Correct but what about access from the west suburbs without the need for transferring? 

Duplication is one thing, but when you have two markets to serve, you could do both and coordinate services. I’m not saying that it would be the best idea, but from a planning perspective it’s also not the worst. 

Either way I still would need a bus to connect me to CTA, given I live in a western suburb.  

15 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Either way I still would need a bus to connect me to CTA, given I live in a western suburb.  

55 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

I mean, in this scenario, you could just do what the 63W/386 does, and run 330 along Archer/Garfield?

2 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Why Garfield?

Quickest way to Midway and also least duplication of service. 62/62H don't really need anymore help, and neither does the 55A/55N, but at least along Garfield, it'll be filling in for midday & Saturday gap left by 55A and supplementing 55N service. Also, it'd be running posted skip stops like 386. If they really wanted to go the extra mile, they could just do a non-compete and say no boarding west of Harlem

7 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Quickest way to Midway and also least duplication of service. 62/62H don't really need anymore help, and neither does the 55A/55N, but at least along Garfield, it'll be filling in for midday & Saturday gap left by 55A and supplementing 55N service. Also, it'd be running posted skip stops like 386. If they really wanted to go the extra mile, they could just do a non-compete and say no boarding west of Harlem

I was just letting you but There is no Garfield at all!  Not until Western

16 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I was just letting you but There is no Garfield at all!  Not until Western

12 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Unless you mean 55th St, there is no Garfield until Western.  Either way as much as many of us die for a bus that makes it so that we don't transfer, Pace is not extending 330 anytime soon.

Garfield = 55th/5500 South, so it was all the same to me xD

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Routes 330 & 331 will be getting enhancements due the discontinuation of routes 304 & 326 (which August 9th will be their last day of service). Currently it is unknown if the changes will involve the routing or the service hours. We should receive news for that soon.

No enhancements are needed as it relates to the 326.  The 80 covers the area between Harlem and  Cumberland on Irving Pk.  The 303 covers Irving Pk from 25th Ave to River Rd.  The 332 covers Lawrence from Manheim to River Rd.  Both the 303 and 332 cover River Rd from Lawrence to Rosemont  CTA.  

Honestly I don't think any adjustment is needed concerning the 304  either.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

No enhancements are needed as it relates to the 326.  The 80 covers the area between Harlem and  Cumberland on Irving Pk.  The 303 covers Irving Pk from 25th Ave to River Rd.  The 332 covers Lawrence from Manheim to River Rd.  Both the 303 and 332 cover River Rd from Lawrence to Rosemont  CTA.  

Honestly I don't think any adjustment is needed concerning the 304  either.  

True. But that’s what I saw on the website.