CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

Hmm #922 is a ghost train at belmont currently nb.

Ok filmed wilson just a flyby. Structure is removed to past aldi. Ill upload tonight or tomorrow.

You know the only thing I didn't like about this experience is the tracker wouldn't tell us where the train is south of belmont. It just said 18 min which may be how long it takes to get the trapped train to there. No software exists to say where over the top the red line train is. Time to upgrade to version 2 guys!! Some guy was asking me the same thing. I told him 18 minutes. He caught a brown line.

19 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

No software exists to say where over the top the red line train is. Time to upgrade to version 2 guys!!

The first inherent problem is that if it is based on the signal system and run entered at the terminal, it is "off track" and I don't know if it can recover (unlike a bus, which can "reconnect" with the satellite). The other thing I noticed is that it does not reflect Red Line to/from Ashland-63. In any event, trains are shown but are light on the south side:

Untitled.thumb.png.fb413c8c8a9e3a824ea49360cd4f32fb.png

On the north side, northbound trains are about half southbound.

Another suggestion I noticed the 18 minutes to belmont train wasn't counting down, probably cause it was trapped or it was reading its last known position. Now on the buses if a bus doesn't move the tracker will drop it or say its delayed here it did neither.

CTA got really lucky today this happened in the mid day. Can you imagine if this happened at 5:00pm all I can say is it would be chaos as there seemed like there was no service at least for 20-30 minutes. While the rush may have been screwed up at least trains were moving. They very well cant run an express over a green brown or purple line. I think though one time I did see them start turning sb's to nb' s at belmont red because the service is decaying or falling apart. They would have to do something. Thought maybe they would do this today but they didn't. Saw about 4-5 sb's so that was the delay at least. Only 2 came nb in a pack so I would say 2-3 must have been trapped.

• 2 weeks later...

4/26/17 1:09p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disruption

Information: Brown Line service is experiencing delays due to a raised bridge at the Chicago River, downtown. Some trains may be held in stations or turned back towards Kimball before reaching the bridge to maintain service across the remainder of the route.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses are in place between Merchandise Mart and Clark/Lake. Listen for announcements and check train destination signs when boarding.

Rail Alert Brown Line April 26, 2017.jpg

Something is brewing on the brown line my train at belmont nb was just turned north to south. All that the operator  said was there are major delays on the brown line due to mechanical issues on a train. Im nb on the red line just going to irving pk anyway heading west.

Cta alerts says something happened at Francisco no service belmont to kimball. Bus shuttles are being called in. They claim its only sb but you would have to think how many trains can go north that cant go south. Ok one just went north at irving brown line my current position . Problem seems to be resolving itself at least south of there. A train just went south from irving. Maybe they are turning trains at western i dont know.