Jump to content
sw4400

CTA Rail Service Alerts

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yep same train same car numbers same spot 

Might be time to retire that car number or consist.  If it happens again after that. then  it will be time to look at the switches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Might be time to retire that car number or consist.  If it happens again after that. then  it will be time to look at the switches. 

it’s not the switches it has to be the train either the shoe for the third rail not touching the 3rd rail or something else give it bout a week there’s going to be another orange line stuck there

 

picture is from this morning 

97A1BA58-65A3-4101-8D4A-3632EAEEC7D6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rl12383 said:

CTA posted a reroute for this weekend that affects the junction in question. Sounds like they may be working to rectify the problem.

Brown and Orange Lines will operate as one route.  Trains will run on Wells and Van Buren.

Green Line and Pink Line trains will operate via Wells and Van Buren with Pink Line trains terminating at z

Roosevelt.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

it’s not the switches it has to be the train either the shoe for the third rail not touching the 3rd rail or something else give it bout a week there’s going to be another orange line stuck there

 

picture is from this morning 

97A1BA58-65A3-4101-8D4A-3632EAEEC7D6.jpeg

I'm sorry but that's not from this morning.  LOL you've used this picture before.  But it is true Purple Line trains terminate at Roosevelt and continue to 63rd to turn back around.

Run #514 is a PM run too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yep same train same car numbers same spot 

Really? Wow. Would’ve thought they learned something the first time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I'm sorry but that's not from this morning.  LOL you've used this picture before.  But it is true Purple Line trains terminate at Roosevelt and continue to 63rd to turn back around.

Run #514 is a PM run too.

12th to 63rd to turn around? The only way I can describe that is just "ew"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Brown and Orange Lines will operate as one route.  Trains will run on Wells and Van Buren.

Green Line and Pink Line trains will operate via Wells and Van Buren with Pink Line trains terminating at z

Roosevelt.   

Seems like whatever the issue is has to do with the inside curve at Tower 12. You'd think they could still run NB/WB Green Line trains, they've left a significant number of stations in the loop without service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I'm sorry but that's not from this morning.  LOL you've used this picture before.  But it is true Purple Line trains terminate at Roosevelt and continue to 63rd to turn back around.

Run #514 is a PM run too.

Would it have been simpler to turn those Purples at 37th middle track on Green rather than 63rd middle on Red?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Would it have been simpler to turn those Purples at 37th middle track on Green rather than 63rd middle on Red?

Probably, yeah.  That's just what I heard they did last week.  Last Friday the same thing happened with literally the same train and at the same spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Seems like whatever the issue is has to do with the inside curve at Tower 12. You'd think they could still run NB/WB Green Line trains, they've left a significant number of stations in the loop without service

they aren’t fixing the tower since green line trains to harlem will use that same curve let’s see if there will be a stalled train tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Probably, yeah.  That's just what I heard they did last week.  Last Friday the same thing happened with literally the same train and at the same spot.

last friday purple ended at roosevelt and still had red line passengers up to garfield and then DH to 63rd middle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

last friday purple ended at roosevelt and still had red line passengers up to garfield and then DH to 63rd middle 

I guess that depends on the operator.   In the peak direction (SB), Red Line trains are running 2 minute frequencies,  so a Purple Line train would be stuck behind a Red Line train anyway.   Running empty between Roosevelt and Garfield won't save any time.  Might as well carry a couple of passengers. 

Some operators probably won't do it for safety reasons  or too lazy to operate doors for 4 stations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Brown Line was rerouted to the subway a couple years ago for work on the Ravenswood-Loop connector, it ran to Roosevelt, then empty to 63rd Middle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

they aren’t fixing the tower since green line trains to harlem will use that same curve let’s see if there will be a stalled train tomorrow 

Not the tower, but the switches on the inside curve. If you look at the service pattern, no trains are running on the Wabash and Lake sides. Trains are only running on the outside curve (Van Buren onto S Wabash and vice versa) and not straight thru Wabash and Van Buren onto N Wabash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Not the tower, but the switches on the inside curve. If you look at the service pattern, no trains are running on the Wabash and Lake sides. Trains are only running on the outside curve (Van Buren onto S Wabash and vice versa) and not straight thru Wabash and Van Buren onto N Wabash

north bound trains (brownage and harlem) will use the orange line track where the orange line stalled at 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's currently an eight-car red line set parked dead on the siding between Garfield and 63rd. Anyone know why it's stored there, maybe it has something to do with the massive delays from the incident at Grand this afternoon? Or even the reroutes mentioned above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WCR said:

There's currently an eight-car red line set parked dead on the siding between Garfield and 63rd. Anyone know why it's stored there, maybe it has something to do with the massive delays from the incident at Grand this afternoon? Or even the reroutes mentioned above?

Could it be a Purple Line waiting to deadhead back to Howard/Linden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

north bound trains (brownage and harlem) will use the orange line track where the orange line stalled at 

So the North to West outside curve? What's the point then, they could have NB/WB trains use the Wabash/Lake sides of the loop and not leave it completely OOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Could it be a Purple Line waiting to deadhead back to Howard/Linden?

I doubt it. It was an eight car set and I noticed at least one pair was in the 5500s. All headlights, markers, interior lighting were all off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WCR said:

There's currently an eight-car red line set parked dead on the siding between Garfield and 63rd. Anyone know why it's stored there, maybe it has something to do with the massive delays from the incident at Grand this afternoon? Or even the reroutes mentioned above?

Possibly a mechanical problem.   It could have been moved there temporarily so as not to disrupt service trying to deadhead it back to either 98th Yard or Howard Yard.   Obviously 98th is much closer, but depending on the time of the issue, space there may have been an issue.   Trying to deadhead it to Howard may have caused more delays if another malfunction occurred.   

If the incident occurred at Grand (assuming a SB train), 63rd middle was the next place to get the train out of the way.

Is there an update on the train being moved?

Update:  shooting occurred at Grand involving the police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Is there an update on the train being moved?

Train was gone as of about 10am today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, WCR said:

Train was gone as of about 10am today

test train (possible) for the loop last night i heard over cta rail ops dispatch said (test train what is your location) the test train was for the track improvement work on lake and wabash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

test train (possible) for the loop last night i heard over cta rail ops dispatch said (test train what is your location) the test train was for the track improvement work on lake and wabash 

I think the train he saw was the train involved in the shooting of a person by a police officer at Grand and State Red Line station Friday afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...