Jump to content
sw4400

CTA Rail Service Alerts

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I think the train he saw was the train involved in the shooting of a person by a police officer at Grand and State Red Line station Friday afternoon. 

that to actually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess earlier a train derailed near Hiwatd.  Red Line service operated between 85th and Belmont only.  Purple Line service operated between South BlvdBlvd and Central.   Yellow Line service was suspended.   I think everything is back to normal now.

Why would Red Line service be curtailed all the way to Belmont if the derailment happened near Howard?  I didn't know whether the derailment occurred north or south of the station.  My guess would be South,  but I don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I guess earlier a train derailed near Hiwatd.  Red Line service operated between 85th and Belmont only.  Purple Line service operated between South BlvdBlvd and Central.   Yellow Line service was suspended.   I think everything is back to normal now.

Why would Red Line service be curtailed all the way to Belmont if the derailment happened near Howard?  I didn't know whether the derailment occurred north or south of the station.  My guess would be South,  but I don't know. 

@artthouwill if you look at my post in the Random CTA thread it might explain the Belmont issue. I believe I was on that train [I got off at Wilson and took the Purple though].

The Red Line train I was on initially likely went on from Wilson and subsequently had problems at Belmont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I guess earlier a train derailed near Hiwatd.  Red Line service operated between 85th and Belmont only.  Purple Line service operated between South BlvdBlvd and Central.   Yellow Line service was suspended.   I think everything is back to normal now.

Why would Red Line service be curtailed all the way to Belmont if the derailment happened near Howard?  I didn't know whether the derailment occurred north or south of the station.  My guess would be South,  but I don't know. 

the derailment was yesterday i have video of it and a NB train derailed at the switch right before entering howard on track 1 5519-5520 were the incident cars and they were towed by 5303-5304 to skokie shops

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

the derailment was yesterday i have video of it and a NB train derailed at the switch right before entering howard on track 1 5519-5520 were the incident cars and they were towed by 5303-5304 to skokie shops

It showed up in my newsfeed today.  That explains @geneking7320-s post. it doesn't explain why Red Line service operated between 95th and Belmont  as opposed to Wilson or Loyola.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

It showed up in my newsfeed today.  That explains @geneking7320-s post. it doesn't explain why Red Line service operated between 95th and Belmont  as opposed to Wilson or Loyola.  

if anything it probably has to do with the clark tower because they can switch train from north to south there much faster instead of having to do it manually at granville 

they can’t do wilson those signals have black tarp over them because they will be removed soon and replaced 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Pink line according to the CTA website has been suspended. Probably cause of cicero. 

The entire Pink Line? Just because of Cicero/Cermak? I know Crowntown and Kingland have been active recently, but did they really need to shut the entire Pink Line down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The entire Pink Line? Just because of Cicero/Cermak? I know Crowntown and Kingland have been active recently, but did they really need to shut the entire Pink Line down?

Maybe they felt running trains from Pulasi to Western (5 stations) wasn't worth it, considering that the 21 runs parallel with the Pink Line.  That bus route isn't going past Western either, so just eliminate the duplication .  Besides, who will pay $2.75 to ride a train when the parallel bus route is FREE?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Maybe they felt running trains from Pulasi to Western (5 stations) wasn't worth it, considering that the 21 runs parallel with the Pink Line.  That bus route isn't going past Western either, so just eliminate the duplication .  Besides, who will pay $2.75 to ride a train when the parallel bus route is FREE?

Totally forgot about it ending at Western. There’s no guarantee however, the 21 (and for that matter, the 18, 35, 54, 54B and 60) are even running their full routes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things may get back to normal tomorrow. They are lowering the chicago river bridges downtown, the exit ramps on the expressways are opening. Cta says it's going to resume service with a couple snags still. Tomorrow sounds like the big chicago dress rehearsal. Tonight was pretty quiet as far as looting. If only we can get through tomorrow we may get back on the right path. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Things may get back to normal tomorrow. They are lowering the chicago river bridges downtown, the exit ramps on the expressways are opening. Cta says it's going to resume service with a couple snags still. Tomorrow sounds like the big chicago dress rehearsal. Tonight was pretty quiet as far as looting. If only we can get through tomorrow we may get back on the right path. 

Still a few rail closures like Clark/Lake upper and lower, State/Lake upper and lower, Jackson, Grand and Chicago (Red) Probably some like Clark/Lake are due to damage at street level stations. Don't know about the other ones but they were in ground zero territory. Trains are running. Still talking about a curfew tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...