sw4400

CTA Rail Service Alerts

On CTA website, alerts are posted about Boarding Change for Blue Line Service Between Cicero and Central Park, but there is no Central Park station on Blue. Looks like the alert is about Pink Line because when you click on the alert, you can see Pink Line under Why is Service Being Changed. They made a mistake which is confusing people.

2 hours ago, Marcin said:

On CTA website, alerts are posted about Boarding Change for Blue Line Service Between Cicero and Central Park, but there is no Central Park station on Blue. Looks like the alert is about Pink Line because when you click on the alert, you can see Pink Line under Why is Service Being Changed. They made a mistake which is confusing people.

CTA corrected the update. But, Blue is still mentioned in description.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I was looking at the rail schedules, which were quietly updated on May 24th. The Brown Line timetable shows the late night shuttle trains between Belmont and Kimball have been extended to the Loop. The Brown Line now has the last train circling the Loop, from approximately 2:00 AM to 2:10 AM. 

https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/rail-tt_brown.pdf

4 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but I was looking at the rail schedules, which were quietly updated on May 24th. The Brown Line timetable shows the late night shuttle trains between Belmont and Kimball have been extended to the Loop. The Brown Line now has the last train circling the Loop, from approximately 2:00 AM to 2:10 AM. 

https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/rail-tt_brown.pdf

I wonder if it’s to keep people off the red line to promote social distancing or if it’s something else. Knowing CTA, imma lean towards something else.

I do not this right place effective August 1 2020 to TBD between midnight and 4am  Blue Line trains will not run between O'Hare and Rosemont to do extra cleaning of trains. according CTA L alert.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ArcherRider said:

I do not this right place effective August 1 2020 to TBD between midnight and 4am  Blue Line trains will not run between O'Hare and Rosemont to do extra cleaning of trains. according CTA L alert.

Will this aka reduce homeless people from the Blue Line and the airport,?,

12 hours ago, ArcherRider said:

Wonder if this is just the prelude to an actual timetable change

1 hour ago, Tcmetro said:

This is happening with the CTA change to the Blue Line at O'Hare. Basically a roundabout way of saying the homeless are no longer welcome at the airport. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/7/31/21349321/ohare-midway-chicago-airports-restrict-terminal-access-ticketed-passengers-employees

This is a catch 22.  Is CTA planning to run bus service between O'Hareand Rosemont?  If not, how do workers get to and from the airport?

Trains go to O'Hare and drop off, then run empty to Rosemont. Departures take a shuttle bus to Rosemont. 

Workers with airport ID will be able to get in through the check point. 

No clue what happens to the homeless, I'd imagine the airport will just put them on the bus back to Rosemont. 

I have ridden the Blue Line to O'Hare from time to time overnight because the car rentals there are open 24 hours.  Will they still let you go upstairs and out to a car rental shuttle?

And I haven't brought any kind of ticket to the airport since the advent of e-ticketing.  Am I now going to have to print out some kind of paper receipt to show the cops to  get into the airport?

Likely falls under "business to be at the airport" which sounds like it would be enforced at the discretion of the officer.

Seems like a strong-handed move to address the homeless situation, which of course would be better spent helping people or fixing causes rather than telling people to go sleep somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smolensk said:

I have ridden the Blue Line to O'Hare from time to time overnight because the car rentals there are open 24 hours.  Will they still let you go upstairs and out to a car rental shuttle?

And I haven't brought any kind of ticket to the airport since the advent of e-ticketing.  Am I now going to have to print out some kind of paper receipt to show the cops to  get into the airport?

All you probably have to do is show your reservations or boarding pass on your phone.

Something is going on currently at Roosevelt.   Something with one of the flaggers at Roosevelt.   I don't know if she was injures or sick. This is on the elevated portion affecting Green and Orange Line trains.