METRO 40' CNG at S.Holland

Here are a few pictures I took today of NABI CNG 40' at S.Holland today.

Wow! nice find! Thats cool to have Los Angeles Metro bus here in Chicago. Please keep us up to date on what they plan to use it for while its here.

According to the rep from NABI,it is here to show PACE officials a production model of what is available and already on the street.

It looks like a new delivery or was it brought directly from L.A. Metro?

It is a new bus,there was no farebox or IBS equivalent installed.Here are a couple of interior shots,I will try to get better shots tomorrow.

Wow! Id sure like to see it!

That's awesome that an LA Metro is on display at Pace. Now that's what Pace truly needs for a 40-footer. I'm just wondering if it is a cold weather bus. If I'm not mistaken, don't they make this type of bus as a 42-footer in Los Angeles? Pace could really use a bus like that if they do.

It is a new bus,there was no farebox or IBS equivalent installed.Here are a couple of interior shots,I will try to get better shots tomorrow.

Are you gonna be ther tomm? Maybe I can meet you there.

BTW, with the Tollway grant hitting the dust, and Pace advertising for diesels, don't expect this one to be here long.

Also, this isn't identical to 7800, since 7800 was a diesel bus. Same model, though.

That's awesome that an LA Metro is on display at Pace. Now that's what Pace truly needs for a 40-footer. I'm just wondering if it is a cold weather bus. If I'm not mistaken, don't they make this type of bus as a 42-footer in Los Angeles? Pace could really use a bus like that if they do.

Actually, it is what CTA needs in a 45footer! :lol:

BTW, with the Tollway grant hitting the dust, and Pace advertising for diesels, don't expect this one to be here long.

Also, this isn't identical to 7800, since 7800 was a diesel bus. Same model, though.

LA Metro has quite an impressive fleet of buses. This bus pictured here is part of an order for 95 buses. (#8400 - #8495) It's supposed to be replacing 42 foot buses that are there now. The other bus similar to 7800 is an 45C manufactured in 2004. I believe this is a 45LFW. These are supposed to have a Cummins in them. As far as LA Metro, as of January 2011, the entire bus fleet now uses alternative fuels. They also have Transit TV in there buses that double as an interactive map that tracks the GPS of buses, similar to Bustracker, so passengers can make informed decisions while riding the bus. That's supposed to be the first of it's kind in the nation.

Actually, it is what CTA needs in a 45footer! :lol:

Given tight turning radii on many streets around here, and the length of bus stops, I doubt it. They might get away with it on Western, where the Compobuses were supposedly destined, until 7800 suddenly disappeared, and maybe Ashland, but I doubt anywhere else. Sure, not somewhere like 22 Clark or 36 Broadway.

...I believe this is a 45LFW....

The model name is Metro 45C, but the prior name was 45C-LFW, the C for Compobus. NABI page.

The model name is Metro 45C, but the prior name was 45C-LFW, the C for Compobus. NABI page.

So this bus at South Holland is still considered a Compobus? I was just wondering because it doesn't seem to be marketed that way. Even though they state it's made out of lighter rust resistant material they don't use the word Compobus.

So this bus at South Holland is still considered a Compobus? I was just wondering because it doesn't seem to be marketed that way. Even though they state it's made out of lighter rust resistant material they don't use the word Compobus.

As Popeye would have said "I yam what I yam," even if the marketing name changed.

Update: Looking back at old posts indicates that this one and the thread above it indicate that LA was seeking, this time around, bids on the same thing it purchased before 2004.

Here's an idea: maybe the CTA should purchase NABI 40LFW CNG to replace the Novas when it comes time for them to retire.

Here's an idea: Maybe NABI should settle the case involving the 60LFWs before seeking any new business.

After all, one of the qualifications in CTA bid documents is past experience.

Given tight turning radii on many streets around here, and the length of bus stops, I doubt it. They might get away with it on Western, where the Compobuses were supposedly destined, until 7800 suddenly disappeared, and maybe Ashland, but I doubt anywhere else. Sure, not somewhere like 22 Clark or 36 Broadway.

Given the number of 45 foot over the road coaches I see downtown I didn't think it

would be a bad idea. :)

Sorry everybody,I don't know if the bus made it to HQ or not.By the time I got back to the garage tonight it was already gone. :(

[/quote

I drove past Pace HQ today , no sighting of the L.A. bus.

ame='CTA5750' date='02 March 2011 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1299116096' post='30743']

Here is an ABC7 link to the story of the LA METRO bus at PACE HQ.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7990907

The article says it already has 2 40' Hybrids. Where ?

Update...I think BUSJACK is referring to the hybrids as well. No, not in Highland Park.

The article says it already has 2 40' Hybrids. Where ?

Update...I think BUSJACK is referring to the hybrids as well. No, not in Highland Park.

I figure that when the press agent is in the world I often am, where I see a Pace MAN bus and then wake up, a "full sized bus" is a 30 foot one, compared to the paratransits also mentioned. Thus, the only possible 2 are the Highland Park ones, except 834 didn't tell us that they had been delivered, and, of course, Orion (I forget, I mean the assembler with which Pace has not previously done business ;) ) has 182 days from Notice to Proceed.

Its a 45-Footer. They took it to HQ mid-afternoon Wednesday for the board presentation (but you already knew that). They featured those along with the hybrid paratransits.

It belongs to LA, so its going there. Me thinks its replacing some of the Neoplans that are still in service.

The official word in this week's Moving Forward is that the board was meeting to view presentations on "compressed natural gas and buses powered by CNG" (dept. of redundancy dept.), and while it has advantages, Pace doesn't have fueling facilities. The presentation was "informational, so no decision was made whether to purchase CNG buses as research continues." They also said "The demonstration bus is painted in the orange livery of Los Angeles Metro Local buses," without acknowledging that it was a LA bus.

Also, I guess that Channel 7.1 went a bit overboard in the sense previously indicated, in that this says "Pace has ordered two hybrid fixed route buses that are anticipated to be placed into service in the City of Highland Park later this year."