Pace Roster

BusHunter

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

The only time I rode CNG buses was in the early 90s, and they seemed quieter, but lacked pickup. I suppose, though, that someone from southern California could say, as that's almost all that is run there,

When I rode the South Bend CNG, I did notice it was quieter but probably only because I was listening closely. I don't know about lacking pickup, it wasn't obvious but I wasn't paying attention to that.

19 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

When I rode the South Bend CNG, I did notice it was quieter but probably only because I was listening closely. I don't know about lacking pickup, it wasn't obvious but I wasn't paying attention to that.

The ones to which I referred (Rochester, N.Y.*) were on Park and Ride routes, so you could tell. Of course, that was something like 23 years ago.

*NYSDOT had a procurement of 5 buses for each of the upstate transit authorities. Reportedly, RGRTA did not like them and transferred them to Centro (Syracuse).

On 12/26/2015 at 7:21 PM, BusHunter said:

That's quite a list you have there. So your saying #2697-98 remain at Mchenry? There is only 1 trolley wrapped Eldorado? Also FT Schaumburg is not FT Glen Ellyn?

#6908-12 and #6914-19 went as in retired?

I guess the rest i can edit, thanks anyway for the heads up.

Schaumburg trolley is now listed as FT-Glen Ellyn

I do not know if 2697 and 2698 are at McHenry still. 2697 is not.

Yes the 6908-12/14-9 are retired.

I was reading the cptdb's roster for Pace (it's actually quite informative) and it states that #6156 - #6161 are penalty buses. Penalty for what? There's also some good info like I never knew power lines fell on #8800 or #2378 was it's insurance replacement. #8213 was retired early due to a dump truck accident. #6395 was the altoona bus. Some Ikarus buses, #2200's were sold to Downers Grove Commuter Shuttle. Really? They do state on there #6392 - #6437 were 2014 buses, but they only list #6438 and #6439 as 2015 buses. Here's the link

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Pace

18 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I was reading the cptdb's roster for Pace (it's actually quite informative) and it states that #6156 - #6161 are penalty buses. Penalty for what?

Andre's been putting up for late delivery, but I don't think that's been substantiated.

My theory is that they were for a UPS deal that went bad.

The only things actually visible on the streets were:

• 6162-6261 were on the street way before these were.
  • They allowed 2372-2377 to go to Academy or whatever for the 600s contract.

44 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Some Ikarus buses, #2200's were sold to Downers Grove Commuter Shuttle. Really?

There was a time when the DG Gillig Phantoms were mostly dead, so that's true, until DG got the cutaways. That's documented here. A list of fleet numbers is here.

It's hard to believe that the Commuter Shuttle was a heavy 40-foot bus system at one time, compared to the other feeder operations that then used school buses.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I updated the roster at NW, I counted it up and according to the Daily Herald article Busjack linked to on the Express service topic, I'm one bus short, which means one Orion on the not in service list is still around. So for that reason I reworked the list to keep the retired Orions still on it. When I find the one bus I'm missing I'll remove them totally. Plus we have the question of what happened to #6160 or #6161. One of those could be throwing the list off, but they might be at acceptance for the blue livery wrap. We shall see if they turn up.

21 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Latest (?) bus wraps are a bit different. Earlier wraps were basically all blue, with no "wheel" logo. Now they do. Are these new wraps, or have the "wheels" been added to existing wraps?

Are you referring to Orions or NABIs?

9 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Nabi's - 61-6200's and 6600's to be exact. Some are now identical to later 6200's-6300's, whereas before they didn't have the big wheel or the stripe above the windows.

The ones at North and North Shore had the wheel, but not over the window.,

None of them had the stripe.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Since I haven't seen some Orions at SW in over two months. I'm going to eliminate them on the Pace roster. Busjack had mentioned previously that something had to go for the #6156's, so I guess this is it. #6076, #6085, #6092, #6096 and #6108 are the ones I'm removing.

6092 was on the 381 on 1/18/16 according to Webwatch

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2016 at 1:09 PM, BusHunter said:

Since I haven't seen some Orions at SW in over two months. I'm going to eliminate them on the Pace roster. Busjack had mentioned previously that something had to go for the #6156's, so I guess this is it. #6076, #6085, #6092, #6096 and #6108 are the ones I'm removing.

Per Webwatch, 6076 is also out still at SW today.