Pace Roster

BusHunter

12 hours ago, qwantae said:

What was that Orion # that is sitting next to 6160 at South? I assume that one also just came from West recently as well.  I wasn't quite expecting that 2004 Orions to end already.  

Putting it under quadruple magnification, the license plate looks like 6123, but I can't be absolutely sure. Side number starts with 61.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Putting it under quadruple magnification, the license plate looks like 6123, but I can't be absolutely sure. Side number starts with 61.

That is indeed #6123. I had to deeply spread the photo on my phone with my two fingers in order to zoom it well. I examined the side and the third number had to be either a 2 or 3 base off the tiny piece but I knew every bus in the 6130s are gone except for #6132. That bus is still in service. Also, most buses have their license plates end with the exact four numbers that matches their respective bus numbers. In this case, #6123 is a match of the last four numbers on its license plate. 

5 hours ago, garmon757 said:

That is indeed #6123. I had to deeply spread the photo on my phone with my two fingers in order to zoom it well. I examined the side and the third number had to be either a 2 or 3 base off the tiny piece but I knew every bus in the 6130s are gone except for #6132. That bus is still in service. Also, most buses have their license plates end with the exact four numbers that matches their respective bus numbers. In this case, #6123 is a match of the last four numbers on its license plate. 

Yes, I see #6132 is still working the 301 this evening.  

6 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Also, most buses have their license plates end with the exact four numbers that matches their respective bus numbers

Pace did that consistently through the base orders of the 6162s and 6600s. Then it fell apart, especially with some M1262xxs used on the second option 6600s, making those plates unavailable for the 6262s.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Pace did that consistently through the base orders of the 6162s and 6600s. Then it fell apart, especially with some M1262xxs used on the second option 6600s, making those plates unavailable for the 6262s.

Well, that just filled the holes in why 6262s didn’t have identical plates. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dud a quick circuit of South Holland, and the only thing that looked new there were 17000 series paratransits. Axess buses seemed about as @Pace831  described, i.e. in the 6730s to 6750s. Most were too far from 167th St. to figure out without binoculars, which I didn't have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

If 6700s make their way to West, they'll be gone.  Looks like Pace has slowed down putting new buses in service, probably because of the cold and snow.

Well, it is the holidays, and they also probably remember when 2635 got damaged in a pile up on the Tri-State attempting to get to Highland Park.

29 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Latest from PACE

SPacebus So18010408120.pdf

• 2727 is MIA
  • Confirms that any Orion VIs are in the junk lot.
  • Says 6701, 6702 are going to Fox Valley (Aurora)
  • Says only 6730-6733 at North--I guess as of Monday the rest have not been assigned.

I'm not sure what the green means. 2830, 2831 and 8624-8630 are painted green, but the South-2 buses appear to be Ravinia buses (at least so assigned there last summer).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Busjack said:
  • 2727 is MIA
  • Confirms that any Orion VIs are in the junk lot.
  • Says 6701, 6702 are going to Fox Valley (Aurora)
  • Says only 6730-6733 at North--I guess as of Monday the rest have not been assigned.

I'm not sure what the green means. 2830, 2831 and 8624-8630 are painted green, but the South-2 buses appear to be Ravinia buses (at least so assigned there last summer).

2727 is assigned to MV Transportation Batavia.  It runs with 2728-2735 along routes 674, 709, 711, & 715.  It's on 715 now.

image.thumb.png.9f5a0ba9b72fdcb212ad260229721f58.png

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Green might mean not blue or yellow? Namely, ad buses?

A couple of red ads, but that probably on only one 6000 and 6618 (which is blue on the list) .Certainly doesn't account for all the wrapped Axess buses (such as Wrigley Field Express, I-90 promotion).

While I assume that Purple is for Pulse, the motor coaches and express buses are not distinguished, even though those on I-55 and I-90 are also wrapped or decaled.

5 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

2830 and 2831 are Pace's two hybrid Orions - perhaps that is why they are green.

Actually, the buses are painted  green because they are hybrids, which wouldn't explain the entries for 8624-30, except that the trolleys are also painted green

1 hour ago, rotjohns said:

Looks like per the latest roster, 6366 is not in existence.  Skipped possibly?

Looking at my records the last time 6366 showed up on webwatch was November 2016.

Pace 831 posted a photograph on 8/31/2017 at Chandler ( https://chitransit.org/topic/1732-new-eldorados/?page=49 ) of 17522 behind a fence. If you blow up the image and look in the right hand doorway above the back of 17522 you will see 6366. Has it had a crash that has required Chandler to rebuild it or has it been decided it as beyond economic repair.