BusHunter

Pace Roster

What was that Orion # that is sitting next to 6160 at South? I assume that one also just came from West recently as well.  I wasn't quite expecting that 2004 Orions to end already.  

12 hours ago, qwantae said:

What was that Orion # that is sitting next to 6160 at South? I assume that one also just came from West recently as well.  I wasn't quite expecting that 2004 Orions to end already.  

Putting it under quadruple magnification, the license plate looks like 6123, but I can't be absolutely sure. Side number starts with 61.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Putting it under quadruple magnification, the license plate looks like 6123, but I can't be absolutely sure. Side number starts with 61.

That is indeed #6123. I had to deeply spread the photo on my phone with my two fingers in order to zoom it well. I examined the side and the third number had to be either a 2 or 3 base off the tiny piece but I knew every bus in the 6130s are gone except for #6132. That bus is still in service. Also, most buses have their license plates end with the exact four numbers that matches their respective bus numbers. In this case, #6123 is a match of the last four numbers on its license plate. 

5 hours ago, garmon757 said:

That is indeed #6123. I had to deeply spread the photo on my phone with my two fingers in order to zoom it well. I examined the side and the third number had to be either a 2 or 3 base off the tiny piece but I knew every bus in the 6130s are gone except for #6132. That bus is still in service. Also, most buses have their license plates end with the exact four numbers that matches their respective bus numbers. In this case, #6123 is a match of the last four numbers on its license plate. 

Yes, I see #6132 is still working the 301 this evening.  

6 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Also, most buses have their license plates end with the exact four numbers that matches their respective bus numbers

Pace did that consistently through the base orders of the 6162s and 6600s. Then it fell apart, especially with some M1262xxs used on the second option 6600s, making those plates unavailable for the 6262s.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Pace did that consistently through the base orders of the 6162s and 6600s. Then it fell apart, especially with some M1262xxs used on the second option 6600s, making those plates unavailable for the 6262s.

Well, that just filled the holes in why 6262s didn’t have identical plates.