Pace Roster

BusHunter

I rode on 6201 a few weeks back and as I stood looking at the new paint job, it looked as though the bus didn't receive a paint job. To me, it looked as if the bus received a full wrap with the new logo scheme. The blue was a few shades darker than normal and you could still see the old pace stripe under the wrap. Either that or they just did a rush job with the paint.

Only problem is they're built from such an ugly design. :lol: But yes they have seemed to performed better than the NABIs Pace has on the roster.

I really don't pay attention of the designs. As long they are up to par when it comes to performance and other expectations, I'm all good! :D

I rode on 6201 a few weeks back and as I stood looking at the new paint job, it looked as though the bus didn't receive a paint job. To me, it looked as if the bus received a full wrap with the new logo scheme. The blue was a few shades darker than normal and you could still see the old pace stripe under the wrap. Either that or they just did a rush job with the paint.

They would have stripped the bus before repainting it, so it probably was a wrap.

In fact, a lot of the wraps for special event buses are foolers in that regard. You think it is a blue Orion VI, but it is just a wrap.

They would have stripped the bus before repainting it, so it probably was a wrap.

In fact, a lot of the wraps for special event buses are foolers in that regard. You think it is a blue Orion VI, but it is just a wrap.

Well at least they didn't make Brookfiled Zoo wraps for the NABIs. #6296 was operating #770 earlier today.

Unlike 6315, which appears to have the full paint job and wrench logo.

Especially the one out of SW that has the Midway full wrap.

• 2 weeks later...

Well another member had reported 6165 and 6201 from South as being fully repainted; glad to see Pace finally fully repainting the NABI's (9 years later), but I am curious to see how it looks on the 6600's...

According to Moving Forward, it ain't paint:

Wrap it up: older buses look new again

The problem: after eleven years of wear and tear from road salt, weather and more, Pace buses that entered the fleet in 2003 are showing their age. The solution: an exterior vinyl wrap refreshes the appearance of the bus while saving money versus repainting.

Pace is in the midst of wrapping approximately 50 buses in the old color scheme of a white bus with a yellow stripe down each side outlined in blue. When completed, the buses are nearly identical to the current livery of a blue bus with white logos.

The cost to wrap a bus versus repainting saves $8,000 per bus and the wrapping process takes just seven hours. To repaint a bus would require it to be out of service for 24 days.

The result is a bus that looks considerably more attractive and more closely resembles the newer, blue buses that now make up a majority of Pace’s fleet. The first blue buses joined Pace’s fleet in 2005 as part of a rebranding campaign that included a new agency logo and color scheme.

So, chgofan78 noting that the stripes were under the wrap was on the right track.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Buses are identical in appearance to the #6390's? Still haven't seen one of these. Had my chance on the #290 but the bus seemed to disappear off the tracker at the Town Center EB.

As far as I can tell, yes.

It is hard to see the numbers when it gets dark so early. For instance, I thought I had tracked down one on 422, but it turned out to be 6395.

But I can attest to having seen 6401-3.

• 1 month later...

6395 s at NW.

Thanks for the confirmation. Are they hiding it in the garage, or is it just that even though I am in the area, it's just a coincidence that not I (and apparently nobody else) has seen it in person or on WebWatch?

FWIW, cptdb says that 6395 was the Altoona test bus, which might explain why it wasn't sighted with the others.

Also note that I had previously cited the Altoona test report, including that the bus pictured there had the full width rear destination sign.