BusHunter

Pace Roster

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So what's this about on Pace paratransits it says it is run by first transit. Pace doesnt run it's own paratransits? Saw one heading into Loyola hospital out in Maywood. Also I've been seeing for a month now #322's serving Loyola via 1st Avenue. Is this some new service? Also spotted a #331 out by lagrange and Harding. That's north of Ogden two lights. Looks like it is trying to replace what was left of the #304 cause its serving Lagrange Metra. 

You should sign up for Pace's email notifications cause you're not up to date.  #331 has been replacing #304 since summer of 2019.  #322 has a dumb reroute that bypasses the Broadview Shopping Center by taking 1st Av, Roosevelt, 25th Av, and Cermak.  This is because the small Addison Creek bridge has weight limits in place now.  Why are buses restricted even if they're lighter than semis?  I don't know.  If anyone has the answer please comment it.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So what's this about on Pace paratransits it says it is run by first transit. Pace doesnt run it's own paratransits? Saw one heading into Loyola hospital out in Maywood. Also I've been seeing for a month now #322's serving Loyola via 1st Avenue. Is this some new service? Also spotted a #331 out by lagrange and Harding. That's north of Ogden two lights. Looks like it is trying to replace what was left of the #304 cause its serving Lagrange Metra. 

To my knowledge,  Pace has always contracted for its paratransit services.  Im not even including the city paratransit services it inherited from CTA which has always been contracted.   

The 331 was extended when the 304 was eliminated last year.

The 322 originally detoured via 17th Ave and some side streets  before taking 25th Ave and a frontage rd back Cermak .  I can only think about some drivers being lost and confused by the detour and Pace simplifying that detour.  I don't know if 17th Ave has a weight restriction north of the railroad track crossing, otherwise 17th Ave to Roosevelt should have worked.  

41 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Why would there be a weight restriction?

I don't know for sure, but 17th Ave, though not a side street,  is mainly residential.  Perhaps Broadview could better answer that question.

22 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I don't know for sure, but 17th Ave, though not a side street,  is mainly residential.  Perhaps Broadview could better answer that question.

There's no bridges on 17th Avenue between Cermak and Roosevelt is my point.