sw4400

Miscellaneous Transit Stories

48 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Apparently Anniston can do full production of New Flyer buses like the St. Cloud and Winnipeg facilities. I don’t know how New Flyer determines which transit agency gets buses from which factory, or if they allow each agency to choose that in their orders. I’m not sure about the NABI plant, I thought they were just making parts for the buses still out there, but I could be wrong.

Could be. Nabis were being assembled out there because cali was where alot of the nabis were ordered. So they would have the facility to build. Its nf 's call whether they choose to build but if any parts come from overseas there is a port in california. That's probably why BYD is out there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Apparently Anniston can do full production of New Flyer buses like the St. Cloud and Winnipeg facilities. I don’t know how New Flyer determines which transit agency gets buses from which factory, or if they allow each agency to choose that in their orders. I’m not sure about the NABI plant, I thought they were just making parts for the buses still out there, but I could be wrong.

I mean, you would assume it’s based on distance, no?

11 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I mean, you would assume it’s based on distance, no?

Unless the Winnipeg and St Cloud facilities are already producing buses at the highest rate they can, and Anniston has to fulfill the rest of the orders even if it means a longer delivery drive.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

That must have been an interesting ride. Sometimes I do charters where you pick people up at the bar. College kids and weddings and special events. They are allowed to drink on the bus which shocks me. Cause I think you can get pulled over if you do that in a car. Had a group one day hooting and hollering yelling at people outside the bus. Yelling at me to run people over cause they cut me off. I just joke back with them that if I did that there would be no me behind the wheel of this bus. You have to just tune them out and look at it for what it is a bunch of celebratory guys and gals who may have just celebrated too much. Better that they thought to use me as the designated driver than hit the roads themself. The bad side can be a heavy littering of the bus. There have been college parties that you would swear they thought they were still in the bar. Makes for interesting stories though. 

I didn’t know this when I was there, but you can eat and drink on the New York City Subway. Of course I was panicking about drinking a vending machine iced tea outside of the fare zone at Fulton St when I was really thirsty, but L train riders are celebrating Thanksgiving on their train! :P