Posted Stops Only

Busjack

7 minutes ago, geneking7320 said:

Given this thread was started back in 2011 I should have made this comment some time ago. :)

Anyway the thread brings to mind Nortran [they were absorbed by Pace some years back].

They had a slogan "We go where you go and stop where you stop".

Times bring about a change.

Nortran used to go to Glenview Naval Air Station, which I guess proves your point.

Another one you can add to the "probably next" list is 626. All new signs up, including in some unexpected locations (like on Lake Cook Road on the far side of Saunders Rd).

BTW, one way to tell a new bus stop sign is that it has a slash between routes on multi-route stops instead of a dash, i.e. 234/272/626, not 234-272-626).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2017 at 10:44 PM, Busjack said:

Another one you can add to the "probably next" list is 626. All new signs up, including in some unexpected locations (like on Lake Cook Road on the far side of Saunders Rd).

About 7 months ahead of my time, but the Passenger Notice for 626 is posted.

Also, the signs are posted on the new routing in Lincolnshire.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Pretty soon, #311 will become Posted Stop Only.  A month ago I tweeted at Pace suggesting this because I've talked to drivers who have said that there are occasions where if they depart North/Narragansett, they will arrive at 47th 45 mins late.  Also, I have always found 311 unreliable so I'm glad they're taking this into action now.  Since last week, Pace has been taking down old signs and posting new ones along Oak Park Ave.  I can confirm a driver told me today that 311 will become Posted Stop Only.

Everything eventually will be. What seems to be overkill is that school trips are also included, so there are signs near Maine East for 423/240 'C'  Trips/250 'G' trips, and in this case, the 423 will be gone in about 8 months (in that 423 moves from Harlem to Waukegan).

• 5 months later...