jajuan

CTA vs Winter Weather Round Two

Looks like the CTA learned some things from last year's big blizzard. In the middle of this evening's rush, they made the decision to pull all express buses from Lake Shore Drive on both ends and diverted them to nearby local roadways due to how dicey conditions are on the Drive. Seems they weren't trying to repeat a situation where buses got stuck on the Drive in the middle of a bad snowstorm. They also issued a notice on the website that buses across the system are likely to face some delays. So commuting home should be interesting tonight for a lot of people to say the least. I saw nothing mentioned about trains on the system having many problems so far other than the Red Line having minor delays which is why I posted info on their winter advisory under the bus topics.

This evening I saw a J14 and a 28 SB on Michigan at 13th. While we had.a little snow, I didn't think it warranted reroutes off of Lake Shore Drive. The 28 wasn't even an artic.

Did you see the buses during the time that northbound LSD was shut down for the vice president's motorcade? That was causing a lot of delays and reroutes. Otherwise, even along the lakefront the snow wasn't heavy enough to merit rerouting buses.

Well with the snow on the ground 103rd #29 are running in pairs aka a buddy system .

Does a heck of a job for those whose wait time has doubled. :wacko:

BusTracker at least indicates nothing NB between about Garfield and downtown, although there is a follower at about 63rd.

post-14-0-76760700-1386536040_thumb.jpg

Does a heck of a job for those whose wait time has doubled. :wacko:

Well it is a setback but its better than some 77th drivers (cough cough) sliding around on the streets lol