old and new.

No admission charge.

http://cera-chicago.org/

http://snipr.com/sdr002

http://twitter.com/#!/pudgym29

post-444-13348184612165_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

In March 2013, I published a print zine, "Japan Jaunt", with a spectrum of articles about my trips to Tokyo and Yokohama, including reportage about riding and photographing trains. It went to a 2nd printing. I recently vended the last print copy of it. At this time then, I am announcing that it is available for free download here. Should you opt to print it out, it is 15 pages. ^_^

Friday, 25th May 2012

at 19:00 hours [doors at 18:00],

Steve De Rose presents

"I Shot JR"

(& Odakyu, Keio, Keikyu,

and other Tokyo Trains)

at the monthly meeting of the

Central Electric Railfans' Association.

Held at the University Center

525 S. State St.; Chicago, IL.

View photographs Steve has taken

of a wide variety of electric trains &

subways in Tokyo & Yokohama, Japan,

including equipment and lines, both

old and new.

No admission charge.

http://cera-chicago.org/

http://snipr.com/sdr002

http://twitter.com/#!/pudgym29

I was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan my first 3 years after graduating from boot camp in the Navy.

• 7 months later...

It has been over two years since I presented my show to the Central Electric Railfans' Association. It was about trains in Tokyo and Yokohama, Japan. I gave it the title, "I Shot J. R. (& Keikyu, Keio, Odakyu, et alia)"; which was a twist on the revival of the 1980s television show "Dallas", and its protagonist|antagonist "J. R. Ewing". This was seemingly a bit too much for Tony Coppaletta, who was the emcee of C.E.R.A. programs in 2012. He publicized it as "Trains of Tokyo and Yokohama". Whatever.

I lost a substantial portion of my audience when the 'closing event' of Chicago Craft Beer Week occurred on the same evening (Friday), even though the calendar showed it extending through to Sunday. I would have wanted to attend that event, instead of mine. But I still feel it was a good show. To illustrate that, I have now uploaded all the photographs I showed that night, and included the script in which I described the photographs. Some of these photographs can no longer be replicated. (The grade crossing in Shimo-Kitazawa has been submerged.)

My photographs are Creative Commons - Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike BY-NC-SA.

Edited by Kevin
Link removed. Please use an alternative photo sharing service that is appropriate for all ages.

• 2 years later...

It has been five years since I presented my show to the Central Electric Railfans' Association. It was about trains in Tokyo and Yokohama, Japan. I publicized it using the title, "I Shot J. R. (& Keikyu, Keio, Odakyu, et alia)"; which was a twist on the then-recent revival of the 1980s television show "Dallas", and its protagonist | antagonist J. R. Ewing.
This was seemingly a bit too much for Tony Coppoletta, who was the emcee of C.E.R.A. programs in 2012. He publicized it as "Trains of Tokyo and Yokohama". Whatever.
I lost a substantial portion of my audience when the 'closing event' of Chicago Craft Beer Week occurred at the same time on the same evening (Friday) (even though the calendar showed CCBW extending through to Sunday). (If I wasn't scheduled to do this show that night, I would have wanted to attend that 'closing event'.)
But it was a good show. To illustrate that, I have now uploaded all the photographs I showed that night, and included the script in which I described the photographs. Some of these photographs can no longer be replicated. (The grade crossing in Shimo-Kitazawa has been eliminated.)
The file has gone off-line a few times. After an incident at December 2014's C.E.R.A. show, in which we had a delay due to technical problems; I was actually asked if there was something I could show while we were trying to fix it. My answer was 'no', because I didn't have that USB flash drive with me then. [We did fix it.]
We had an internet connection. I remembered uploading this. When I went to the site of the last uploader I had utilized, the file had rinsed off.
So I decided to upload it again just in case we had another technical snag.
The file is 24.23 MB.
My photographs are Creative Commons - Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike BY-NC-SA. Essentially, you can do whatever you wish with them, including making derivative works of them, as long as you do not try to make any money from doing so.
The file is now uploaded at these upload hosts. You need only download from one of them.

If requested, the download password is 8124.
The .rar password is "Keikyu_via_Sengakuji" {without the quotes}.

Edited by pudgym29
.Rar file reuploaded.

• 4 months later...

I'll insert a note here that I am going to Japan again soon, for this FlyerTalk forum's "Japan Do" #5.

This will be my thirteenth time visiting there. Yes, I will take more transit photographs.

I am staying at a new(er) hostel this time in Nakano-ku. It is very close to Shinjuku, and only eight minutes away via Tokyo Metro from where a lot of the frequent flyers attending this are staying [The Tokyo Hilton]. Wish me fun and success. ;)

• 2 months later...