CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

23 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm #1720 on the #78.

Today it's on the #96. #1875 and #1876 seem to be consistently fg though. #1882 was fg don't know if it still is. Looks like these #6400's are crapping out finally, so much to the point that they need loans to maintain service. Where are the #8325's? They could them about now.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, BusHunter said:

Today it's on the #96. #1875 and #1876 seem to be consistently fg though. #1882 was fg don't know if it still is. Looks like these #6400's are crapping out finally, so much to the point that they need loans to maintain service. Where are the #8325's? They could them about now.

IiRC, the 8325s are due in late this year.  I believe the 4th quarter, which would mean October at the earliest.  

On 8/21/2018 at 11:33 AM, Aiden Tabucic said:

I am happy

On 8/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, Sam92 said:

Then show some appreciation for what he's doing instead of nitpicking.  Otherwise there's plenty of tools such as bustracker and maths22 if you're really that pressed about live info on every bus' location

I have to agree with @Sam92 here. @Aiden Tabucic you really should show some appreciation for the hard work done in maintaining a fleet roster on this forum instead of nitpicking across two different threads about minor updates that don't happen at the snap of a finger. Geez

On 8/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, Tcmetro said:

Seems to hang out on the 12 and 60 a lot. Wonder why this one has stuck around so long. 

Yeah a lot of times when I actually do see 804 out, more often than not it's on the 12 or 60. It was out on the 10 about a couple weeks ago, the first time I'd seen an 800 on this route in a long time. As for @XE NewFlyer's mention of it being out on the 21 today for a rare weekend appearance, back when CTA still had 20 hybrid 40 footers (10 800s, 10 900s) it was typically standard practice that Kedzie mostly sent them out on weekdays and very rarely sent them out on weekends. But that practice stopped being the case as much in recent years, especially when the 900s got retired out of CTA service and the 800s gradually decreased. And to answer the question of why 804 is still around, it's because Kedzie's mechanics did a good job in keeping it and its former companions of the series running for so long when the original plan was that the 800s and 900s were only meant to be test buses to determine which hybrid bus technology, series or parallel, worked better on Chicago streets especially in winter.

55 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Yeah a lot of times when I actually do see 804 out, more often than not it's on the 12 or 60. It was out on the 10 about a couple weeks ago, the first time I'd seen an 800 on this route in a long time. As for @XE NewFlyer's mention of it being out on the 21 today for a rare weekend appearance, back when CTA still had 20 hybrid 40 footers (10 800s, 10 900s) it was typically standard practice that Kedzie mostly sent them out on weekdays and very rarely sent them out on weekends. But that practice stopped being the case as much in recent years, especially when the 900s got retired out of CTA service and the 800s gradually decreased. And to answer the question of why 804 is still around, it's because Kedzie's mechanics did a good job in keeping it and its former companions of the series running for so long when the original plan was that the 800s and 900s were only meant to be test buses to determine which hybrid bus technology, series or parallel, worked better on Chicago streets especially in winter.

then the question is what happend to all the other 800s and 900s why did they all go 

20 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Glad to hear good news on the 8325’s and 1882 is not FG it’s back at NP 1876 is  still FG 1875 is NP Not FG

It shows there all loans. I bet #1900 is not fg anymore either. Maybe they'll keep loaning until the 8325s show up. But it will get interesting we are about a week or so from a lot of school runs being activated so where will fg get the buses then?

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

It shows there all loans. I bet #1900 is not fg anymore either. Maybe they'll keep loaning until the 8325s show up. But it will get interesting we are about a week or so from a lot of school runs being activated so where will fg get the buses then?

1900 is still in FG I passed the garage about an hour ago 1876 is still there along with 1707 and 1789 1785 And 1912 

On 8/25/2018 at 7:29 PM, XE NewFlyer said:

then the question is what happend to all the other 800s and 900s why did they all go 

Reread the post dude. They were TEST BUSES. As such they were not meant to serve a full 12 year minimum service life like the 1000s were. But the fact that 800s made it into 2018 when the initial thought was they'd only be around a few years is still a testament to how well Kedzie mechanics kept these buses running. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

When are rosters getting updated 

Whenever those who put the hard work to maintain them get time from stuff like jobs and everyday family life. Though you're welcome to start one up too if the update happening soon is important enough for ya.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So according to the tracker, 1375,1377-1379(from Chicago) and 1389(from North Park) have made their way to FG. Question now are these just loaner buses since the swap occurred with 103rd for 8325-Series buses for New Flyers. NP might be ok without 2 buses(1388 is part of the mix, but not on tracker.... will be moved once seen as well as Chicago gaps), but can Chicago give up 1374-1379 for nothing in return or might some 7900-Series buses from FG make their way to Chicago(8236-8249 seem to be standing pat thus far).