Jump to content
sw4400

CTA Bus Garage Rosters

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Might as well add 1374-1379 and 1388-1389 and 1034-1051 on there lol

The high 1300s have been assigned to FG since the post-Labor Day Shuffle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

So according to the tracker, 1375,1377-1379(from Chicago) and 1389(from North Park) have made their way to FG. Question now are these just loaner buses since the swap occurred with 103rd for 8325-Series buses for New Flyers. NP might be ok without 2 buses(1388 is part of the mix, but not on tracker.... will be moved once seen as well as Chicago gaps), but can Chicago give up 1374-1379 for nothing in return or might some 7900-Series buses from FG make their way to Chicago(8236-8249 seem to be standing pat thus far).

1388-1389 had and still have “F” Stickers so update the rosters again and 1374-1379 are at FG with F sticker as well and so are 1028-1051 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

So according to the tracker, 1375,1377-1379(from Chicago) and 1389(from North Park) have made their way to FG. Question now are these just loaner buses since the swap occurred with 103rd for 8325-Series buses for New Flyers. NP might be ok without 2 buses(1388 is part of the mix, but not on tracker.... will be moved once seen as well as Chicago gaps), but can Chicago give up 1374-1379 for nothing in return or might some 7900-Series buses from FG make their way to Chicago(8236-8249 seem to be standing pat thus far).

FG-1000-1025,1028-1051, 1374-1379, 1388-1389, 1552-1560, 1590-1593, 1595-1596 1753-1761, 1763, 1799-1803 update 103rd and C And FG again please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sw4400 said:

So according to the tracker, 1375,1377-1379(from Chicago) and 1389(from North Park) have made their way to FG. Question now are these just loaner buses since the swap occurred with 103rd for 8325-Series buses for New Flyers. NP might be ok without 2 buses(1388 is part of the mix, but not on tracker.... will be moved once seen as well as Chicago gaps), but can Chicago give up 1374-1379 for nothing in return or might some 7900-Series buses from FG make their way to Chicago(8236-8249 seem to be standing pat thus far).

Last September 1374-1379 moved from C to F, 1388/9 moved from P to F, 1390-1394 moved from P to C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, Aiden Tabucic said:

FG-1000-1025,1028-1051, 1374-1379, 1388-1389, 1552-1560, 1590-1593, 1595-1596 1753-1761, 1763, 1799-1803 update 103rd and C And FG again please 

Why haven't #1026 & #1027 migrated to FG from 79th?

Where the imprecision occurs is in the 1370s, 1550s, & 1590s at FG. There are some buses missing, and we do not know where they are.

Tangentially, it seems to me that 79th does not like to run its (Nova) 7900 buses. On Math22's tracker, look at the 7900s series [general] and notice how few of the ones assigned to 79th garage are out. Operators seem to have a strong preference for the New Flyers. (#8 Halsted is the key route to inspect.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

Tangentially, it seems to me that 79th does not like to run its (Nova) 7900 buses. On Math22's tracker, look at the 7900s series [general] and notice how few of the ones assigned to 79th garage are out. Operators seem to have a strong preference for the New Flyers. (#8 Halsted is the key route to inspect.)

Is this based off today observations, or over a period of time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Why haven't #1026 & #1027 migrated to FG from 79th?

Where the imprecision occurs is in the 1370s, 1550s, & 1590s at FG. There are some buses missing, and we do not know where they are.

Tangentially, it seems to me that 79th does not like to run its (Nova) 7900 buses. On Math22's tracker, look at the 7900s series [general] and notice how few of the ones assigned to 79th garage are out. Operators seem to have a strong preference for the New Flyers. (#8 Halsted is the key route to inspect.)

1026-1027 need to migrate to FG to join the rest of the squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Why haven't #1026 & #1027 migrated to FG from 79th?

Where the imprecision occurs is in the 1370s, 1550s, & 1590s at FG. There are some buses missing, and we do not know where they are.

Tangentially, it seems to me that 79th does not like to run its (Nova) 7900 buses. On Math22's tracker, look at the 7900s series [general] and notice how few of the ones assigned to 79th garage are out. Operators seem to have a strong preference for the New Flyers. (#8 Halsted is the key route to inspect.)

1026-27 are both at 74th, They been there since late 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Why haven't #1026 & #1027 migrated to FG from 79th?

Where the imprecision occurs is in the 1370s, 1550s, & 1590s at FG. There are some buses missing, and we do not know where they are.

Tangentially, it seems to me that 79th does not like to run its (Nova) 7900 buses. On Math22's tracker, look at the 7900s series [general] and notice how few of the ones assigned to 79th garage are out. Operators seem to have a strong preference for the New Flyers. (#8 Halsted is the key route to inspect.)

I don't know where you're getting at here but the 7900's get used quite a bit from 77th.... on all of its non-artic routes for the most part. 

 

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Is this based off today observations, or over a period of time?

I would guess over a period of time but I normally see a mix of 7900's and 1000's on Rt.8 so I don't know what he's sees different based on his observations.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

1026-1027 need to migrate to FG to join the rest of the squad

It doesn't seem as if the CTA is really concerned about maintaining numerical blocks anymore, except when it's convenient, as with the recent migration of 1034-1051.

However, if 74th gets the Proterra electrics, then 1026-27 may do just that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea that would be cool if1026-27 came to FG but I say one CTA sends a bus to 74th or 77th just leave it there cuz when they send them back out west they stank from multiple different odors like they don't really clean then like they just sweep gas & send back out not bashing nobody's garage just saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea that would be cool if1026-27 came to FG but I say one CTA sends a bus to 74th or 77th just leave it there cuz when they send them back out west they stank from multiple different odors like they don't really clean then like they just sweep gas & send back out not bashing nobody's garage just saying 

That literally makes no sense, every garage has a batch of buses like that on any given day.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

That literally makes no sense, every garage has a batch of buses like that on any given day.

Yea they do it just seems like the ones that's great from either of them two be like that I was on 2 different buses that came from 7 two summers ago & both was like wtf is that smell just seems like when they come from there & put into service right away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea they do it just seems like the ones that's great from either of them two be like that I was on 2 different buses that came from 7 two summers ago & both was like wtf is that smell just seems like when they come from there & put into service right away 

Once again every garage has a batch of buses like that on any given day of the year, throwing blame on the southside garages is a little biased to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoungBusLover said:

Once again every garage has a batch of buses like that on any given day of the year, throwing blame on the southside garages is a little biased to say the least.

Naw I'm not blaming them & yea every garage have them types

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was 1305 smashed or some all I know it went out of service & mostly retired after all these years I know 1805 maybe a goner it's still at 7 with a tarp over the front end 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

1305 had a fire back in 2012

Aw dam ok got ya didn't k ow it was a fire just know it was retired and haven't seen no pics on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1305 is done after a trip I took down to SS today most the rear end near the burnt section is stripped and from the view I had it appeared to be stripped for parts,#4326 might return but it doesn't look to good either as they both sat among old 800s-900s,5900s, freshly OOS 6400's and two 500's awaiting scrap. I'm shocked that those legal settlement 4400's, 6000'S and 5300's are still sitting in the bone yard after all these years. I wonder how long it will be before they're gone along with the Fresh Move Flx's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

#1305 is done after a trip I took down to SS today most the rear end near the burnt section is stripped and from the view I had it appeared to be stripped for parts,#4326 might return but it doesn't look to good either as they both sat among old 800s-900s,5900s, freshly OOS 6400's and two 500's awaiting scrap. I'm shocked that those legal settlement 4400's, 6000'S and 5300's are still sitting in the bone yard after all these years. I wonder how long it will be before they're gone along with the Fresh Move Flx's. 

If you mean 4323, it's a goner for sure. 8 800's and 905 there. Those Flx's might be there 20 years...

See any work buses? Should still be several 5307's, a 3700, maybe something else also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

If you mean 4323, it's a goner for sure. 8 800's and 905 there. Those Flx's might be there 20 years...

See any work buses? Should still be several 5307's, a 3700, maybe something else also?

Maybe there's a chance the CTA could put a 4400, 5300 and 6000 into the Heritage Collection, though they're no Fishbowl or New Look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

#1305 is done after a trip I took down to SS today most the rear end near the burnt section is stripped and from the view I had it appeared to be stripped for parts,#4326 might return but it doesn't look to good either as they both sat among old 800s-900s,5900s, freshly OOS 6400's and two 500's awaiting scrap. I'm shocked that those legal settlement 4400's, 6000'S and 5300's are still sitting in the bone yard after all these years. I wonder how long it will be before they're gone along with the Fresh Move Flx's. 

Legal settlement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Maybe there's a chance the CTA could put a 4400, 5300 and 6000 into the Heritage Collection, though they're no Fishbowl or New Look.

#6043 is scrap bound, the only buses that seemed to be in good shape on the outside exterior wise was ex-wb1 I forget if it was one of 74ths 6000's but also the fresh move Flx's still look like they're in good condition from the exterior but they haven't been moved much in the yard and I believe they've been sitting there defunct since mid 2015-2016 or so I don't know. Anything is possible for those Metro's, I would like to see #6163 preserved and restored by CTA once the CFD retires it but hey that may be a long shot, Three GM/New Looks still sit on the Northeast corner of the yard while the #4400's I saw seem to be scrapped bound as well other than one but I couldn't get a full view off it due to some 7900's sitting around it. Also a lot of 6400s though are sitting in the boneyard now though,#6679 caught my eye along with #6474 those were probably the last two 6400's I rode on before they were moved to FG.

1 hour ago, andrethebusman said:

If you mean 4323, it's a goner for sure. 8 800's and 905 there. Those Flx's might be there 20 years...

See any work buses? Should still be several 5307's, a 3700, maybe something else also?

And yeah I meant #4323 and those work-buses are still there from what I saw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Legal settlement?

Yes indeed, #6043 hasn't moved since it was retired back in 2008 I believe If my memory serves me right it was involved in fatal accident with a Bike rider or pedestrian. I couldn't tell if I saw #5764 or #5467 sitting behind it but there is a lot of classic junk back there rusting away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×