Jump to content
sw4400

CTA Bus Garage Rosters

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

That's the advantage of having an outdoor garage. The cold gets rid of them. When you go down to the gulf coast or somewhere thats always hot, they get bigger. 

That is 1 thing that I would like about working at FG but just cant deal with all if that traffic & those up north people that think they better then everybody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

That is 1 thing that I would like about working at FG but just cant deal with all if that traffic & those up north people that think they better then everybody

Yeah, the fg operators like that part of an outdoor garage but when you get in the buses it's so cold. Takes time to warm them up. I have that problem too. In the summer your dying of heat and in the winter it's like an ice box. By me though they will run the buses a couple hours when it gets below freezing in the stalls. They have someone come in who starts all the buses cause the old buses just refuse to run sometimes. Sometimes they just start the old buses when it's real cold they all get run. The mechanics all come out and spray ether in the refuse to start buses. 

North side ain't that bad, theres more riders on the south side. Saw some 74th buses pulling in from the north end of the #94. Saw one going down the kennedy and another on Cali. I wonder why they just dont run them through. The south terminal is the garage. That's a long pullout/in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah, the fg operators like that part of an outdoor garage but when you get in the buses it's so cold. Takes time to warm them up. I have that problem too. In the summer your dying of heat and in the winter it's like an ice box. By me though they will run the buses a couple hours when it gets below freezing in the stalls. They have someone come in who starts all the buses cause the old buses just refuse to run sometimes. Sometimes they just start the old buses when it's real cold they all get run. The mechanics all come out and spray ether in the refuse to start buses. 

North side ain't that bad, theres more riders on the south side. Saw some 74th buses pulling in from the north end of the #94. Saw one going down the kennedy and another on Cali. I wonder why they just dont run them through. The south terminal is the garage. That's a long pullout/in. 

Yea the 94 long as hell now & yea ive seen FG leave some buses running all night long I ended a run last year at Rosemont when I was on the rails & took central home but I went to FG at like 130 am & seen all the buses that was going out in the am rush sitting running it was those days that it had got -23 below

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea the 94 long as hell now & yea ive seen FG leave some buses running all night long I ended a run last year at Rosemont when I was on the rails & took central home but I went to FG at like 130 am & seen all the buses that was going out in the am rush sitting running it was those days that it had got -23 below

Do they run the buses in the indoor garages when it's cold like that? With all those buses its a wonder you dont get carbon monoxide poisoning. I know they probably have fans but alot of buses running probably beats what the fans can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Do they run the buses in the indoor garages when it's cold like that? With all those buses its a wonder you dont get carbon monoxide poisoning. I know they probably have fans but alot of buses running probably beats what the fans can do. 

I remember seeing that once during my second or third month of being on my own during the winter of this year but rarely have I seen all the buses getting turned on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

All of the ones in the first few rows in the front a run they ones in the back a be off but it not as cold in the garage as it is outside of the ones that sit outside of the garage they will turn on & have them running & they let the doors up & down when its real cold to keep the heat in the garage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know even in my garage when you walk the rows in the winter you can smell the exhaust fumes. It's pretty thick and I'm outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I know even in my garage when you walk the rows in the winter you can smell the exhaust fumes. It's pretty thick and I'm outside. 

Yea it is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...