CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

Question is how are they storing this in the yard? 100 for harlem yard, 60-80 or so for ashland. But what happens to the rest? Then I don't want to even think about the upcoming red line to ashland/63rd. Sounds like most of those won't be laid up at Ashland though. They might get away with a few midday lay ups as there will be green line cars out on the road.

2 hours ago, chicagopcclcar said:

I already said this in topic SPRING PICK....." 98th St. yard will remain open 24 hrs. All Red line trains inservice to 95th St. will operate all the way to the terminal at 95th. Fourteen trips will be diverted to Ashland/63. This happens only on the rush hours, Monday through Friday. Lay-up Red line trains at Ashland/63  will only happen during the mid-day. No Red line trains will be yarded overnight. 

DH

As I stated above. But how can the green line store all these cars is the question? Maybe pink line is storing them. I didn't think of that. That's who has all the extra space about 50 cars worth. #5175-76 was on the pink lately.

As I stated above my question is a green line question not a red line question. Its impossible to say you stated any facts about the green line when you were talking about the red line. Did you even have info back then that the green line was up to #5214? Did you state the yard capacities? 

Now you don't need to insult my intelligence by telling me you are the only person who can get inside info. I'm just asking a friendly question here. Don't shoot the messenger. I have friends too at the cta that are kind and friendly and not so hostile. Maybe I should talk to them. If anything you are discouraging me from posting here and that's bad. Maybe an admin needs to have a talk with you. Have a nice day!!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:51 PM, chicagopcclcar said:

Ashland/63rd yard report.....Well, the Green line Ashland/63rd yard held all of the scheduled mid-day Red line reroutes. They even had room for the non-rush cutbacks that they did....cutting road trains from 6-car consist down to 4-cars. Monday I spent the morning photographing the branch and south side main. Everything went smoothly although the the day's first reroute was ten minutes late at Lake. The lateness was a north side problem. By the time I made it to Ashland, the rush hour was nearly over. The supervisors evidently kept a fluid schedule, dispatching Harlem Greens and Howard Reds. A Green line train wasn't at the platform, so the let a waiting Red line reroute go. Evidently, there are extra supervisors at Cermak to guide passengers. While I back east to set up a shot, evidently some problem developed which stacked up inbound trains all the rest to Halsted. Over the radio I heard that the last crews to Howard would deadhead on a Green line train to Roosevelt and they could catch a Red line train to Howard. Use their fluid dispatching, they had already sent trains north that they needed too. The last reroute were down 30 minutes they then. The weather will be bad for the next two days. Maybe  I'll get out Friday. Photo.....The tail tracks had been used as this picture shows. I wonder did Cottage Grove did with its cut backs. A word about yards....yards have two capacities.....regular and full capacity.

DH

P1150950.jpg

Where was this taken nice shot 

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Coming to the Blue Line near you! It is confirmed by three supervisors and 2 rail instructors. Also some Blue Line 2600s are shifting to the Brown Line.

But they're on some Black Line route (or a variant of the White Line).xD

That might also confirm that when the 7000s show up, they might not be first assigned to the Blue Line.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

But they're on some Black Line route.xD

That might also confirm that when the 7000s show up, they might not be first assigned to the Blue Line.

Indeed, they won't be first and the fact that the Congress Branch being awfully neglected kills the opportunity for the Blue Line to get new equipment. These shots were at Illinois Medical District. Also, familiarization training begins for all Blue/Pink Line operators tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Indeed, they won't be first and the fact that the Congress Branch being awfully neglected kills the opportunity for the Blue Line to get new equipment.

Which brings up that besides the CTA announcement about substation problems in the Milwaukee Ave. subway, the Eisenhower project was supposed to get going by 2019, but it doesn't seem like it is.

9 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Also, familiarization training begins for all Blue/Pink Line operators tomorrow.

Why would it include Pink Line operators, as the Pink Line already has 5000s?

Just now, Busjack said:

That also brings up that 256 or 258 cars are not enough to cover the Blue Line, but with 90 2600s getting another rehab, that might be.

Exactly, but the Blue indeed need more rail cars because of a ton of defects going on as of lately. So I guess they're trying to be like the Orange Line and balance the fleet out.

22 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Exactly, but the Blue indeed need more rail cars because of a ton of defects going on as of lately. So I guess they're trying to be like the Orange Line and balance the fleet out.

That wasn't what I was trying to imply. What I was trying to imply is that 7000s first go to the Orange and Brown Lines and the Blue Line runs rehabs until all the track and electrical issues are worked out. Now maybe what you are getting at is that a certain amount of junk has to be allocated to the Orange and Brown Lines until the 7000s start being delivered. The "ton of defects" may explain why there is so much bloat, but the 7000s timeline still calls for replacing 656 cars (400 base order and options for 256 to replace 3200s).

4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Coming to the Blue Line near you! It is confirmed by three supervisors and 2 rail instructors. Also some Blue Line 2600s are shifting to the Brown Line. Stay tuned!

55A312B1-0BB2-4095-8D02-1AD148F5597B.jpeg

8DE89D8D-9F25-4D39-9384-DD92B7C065F7.jpeg

97361050-E136-4928-A1B7-01D3EFE70FB6.jpeg

First reported by chicagopcclcar.

Welcome back garmon757!!!

We will see if the 3200s are the lead and tail cars with 2600s being bellys.  For that matter, it could also happen on the Brown Line.  It hasn't been the case on the Orange Line.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the units undergoing Blue Line training was, indeed, 3379-3380, one of the first two pairs of 3200s to receive LED destination signs on an experimental basis (along with 3207-3208, which AFAIK remains on the Orange Line) but by this time had received a full rehab. The ad-wrapped car I couldn't make out its number.

The roof board equipped cars will remain on the Brown Line as the clearances in the subway connection between the Milwaukee Avenue elevated and the Kennedy Expressway prohibit their use.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Busjack said:

That wasn't what I was trying to imply. What I was trying to imply is that 7000s first go to the Orange and Brown Lines and the Blue Line runs rehabs until all the track and electrical issues are worked out. Now maybe what you are getting at is that a certain amount of junk has to be allocated to the Orange and Brown Lines until the 7000s start being delivered. The "ton of defects" may explain why there is so much bloat, but the 7000s timeline still calls for replacing 656 cars (400 base order and options for 256 to replace 3200s).

Yes but the issue is I can’t see the 3200s getting retired right away after 656 7000s arrives. 

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

First reported by chicagopcclcar.

Welcome back garmon757!!!

We will see if the 3200s are the lead and tail cars with 2600s being bellys.  For that matter, it could also happen on the Brown Line.  It hasn't been the case on the Orange Line.

Unfortunately, they won’t allow that to happen on the Blue. 

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

Unfortunately, they won’t allow that to happen on the Blue. 

If only because of the way the cars will be pulled from the yard to enter service. The chance of two 3200 sets on the ends with 2600s in the middle will be, just like the chance of such a combo currently exists on the Orange Line, purely the luck of the draw. Hence, you will see trains on the Blue Line made up entirely of 2600-series cars, and likewise a few trains on the Blue Line made up entirely of 3200s. And the few mixed-series consists will have cars arranged in no particular order.

• Upvote 1