CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I should add he stated there is no timeline for the 3200s return which I don't understand. 50 cars are on hold on the blue line. For maintenance???

It looks like what @garmon757said answers that:

On 8/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, garmon757 said:

Exactly, but the Blue indeed need more rail cars because of a ton of defects going on as of lately. ...

35 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

So if it DOES end up as a full trade of 2600 for 3200 from both orange and brown then Blue Line would have 250 with 80 from orange and 170 from brown according to the roster

But it won't be  a full trade with bothOrange and Brown Line trains.  Only 100 3200 series cars are moving.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2018 at 3:37 PM, artthouwill said:

But it won't be a full trade with both Orange and Brown Line trains. Only 100 3200 series cars are moving.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, BusHunter said:

If that.. 

On 8/24/2018 at 8:17 PM, Busjack said:

Source?

It it confirmed that 100 3200s are transferring to the Blue Line moments after the Winter pick begins. However, the pick begins as of September 16 because of the Red Line return of 63rd/Ashland rush hour runs.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 11:24 AM, BusHunter said:

This supervisor said training was suspended. For how long and what does that mean? Have 3200s been seen at forest pk in the last few days? Orange line doesn't have many cars that are 3200. This supervisor whoch is the forest pk supervisor, thinks they'll only be 80 cars going to blue. I thought it was better to do the 3 way split between the 3 lines but this doesn't sound like that at all.

Training is suspended due to Rail Instructors are booked with other classes. It will resume in September.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Yeah just letting you guys know I'm at Kimball yard and there is a string of 2600s here (8 cars) #2705-06. I'll get the others in a second. #3223-24 I think or it was #3225-26 is at rosemont yard (at least a 4 car string) on the west end. I think the transfers are starting so keep your eyes peeled guys cause it's about to get real fun around here.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, BusHunter said:

You cant see the numbers but its them. 20180829_174146.thumb.jpg.e0bfa5e3541b1ac747021da86b479c2e.jpg

You can see 3436 when the original of the above picture is sufficiently zoomed.xD

If these were the ones that had the undercarriage equipment ripped off by the station platform, part of the rehab was to replace it on all cars.

5 hours ago, Busjack said:

You can see 3436 when the original of the above picture is sufficiently zoomed.xD

If these were the ones that had the undercarriage equipment ripped off by the station platform, part of the rehab was to replace it on all cars.

Yeah. The accident was when that cop car crashed into the brown line at kedzie. I looked up the story and she was chasing a known gang member on his bike. But I wonder why she chased him she didn't seem to have probable cause. The operator in that incident which occurred 8/10/2012 was awarded 2,5 million for a spinal injury he incurred in 2016. The attorneys argued neglegance on the part of the officer because she didn't have the right to a high speed pursuit with an unmotorized vehicle. She did seem to show negligance. I wonder if that info is on my 3200s service dates thread which I cant seem to find at the moment. It needs a link to the 3200 rehab dates if it does exist. 

From the way it looks at present, so far the 3200s that are laid up at Rosemont Yard were most recently assigned to the Orange Line while the 2600s that are currently at Kimball Yard are ex-Orange-Line 2600s.

So the current plan looks like for the Blue Line to get existing Orange Line 3200s plus a few Brown Line 3200s, while the Blue Line sends some more of its existing 2600s to the Orange Line – and the Orange Line, in turn, will be sending a few of its 2600s to the Brown Line.

5 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

From the way it looks at present, so far the 3200s that are laid up at Rosemont Yard were most recently assigned to the Orange Line while the 2600s that are currently at Kimball Yard are ex-Orange-Line 2600s.

So the current plan looks like for the Blue Line to get existing Orange Line 3200s plus a few Brown Line 3200s, while the Blue Line sends some more of its existing 2600s to the Orange Line – and the Orange Line, in turn, will be sending a few of its 2600s to the Brown Line.

Orange already sent a 8 car train to brown if you can tell by the run number “703” on the “2869” picture up ^^

2 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Orange already sent a 8 car train to brown if you can tell by the run number “703” on the “2869” picture up ^^

Interestingly the 2600 train has completely turned around #2706 was on the north end so did a 2600 train go into service on the brown.

On 8/31/2018 at 3:23 PM, RJL6000 said:

This could be due to the roller curtain signage.  The Orange Line 2600s have Brown Line signage that Blue Line 2600s don't.   The Blue Line 2600s DO have Orange Line signage on its roller curtains.  Thus the swap you mention makes sense in that no roller curtain switches have to be made.  The 3200s going to the Blue Line will have the LED signage.

12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

This could be due to the roller curtain signage.  The Orange Line 2600s have Brown Line signage that Blue Line 2600s don't.   The Blue Line 2600s DO have Orange Line signage on its roller curtains.  Thus the swap you mention makes sense in that no roller curtain switches have to be made.  The 3200s going to the Blue Line will have the LED signage.

I thought the roller curtain signage on Blue Line cars was Blue, Pink, Green, and Red, with Pink replacing Orange when the Pink Line was introduced.

On 6/15/2013 at 10:31 PM, TheBrunswickBowler said:

Here is version 1 of the 3200 Series Roller Curtain layouts: post-1446-0-16671100-1371353305_thumb.jp Here is version 2 of the 3200 Series Roller Curtain layouts: post-1446-0-58534600-1371353343_thumb.jp

17 minutes ago, Pink Jazz said:

I thought the roller curtain signage on Blue Line cars was Blue, Pink, Green, and Red, with Pink replacing Orange when the Pink Line was introduced.

There's a  thread called Roller curtains for different series CTA train sets.  I could only find the 3200s and not the others.  There were two sets of Blue Line roller curtains of which one contained Red. Neither apparently has Orange so I must be mistaken unless there's another set.  Apparently  CTA has saved the molars from the 3200s and will install them on the 2600s coming from the Blue Line.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

There's a  thread called Roller curtains for different series CTA train sets.  I could only find the 3200s and not the others.  There were two sets of Blue Line roller curtains of which one contained Red. Neither apparently has Orange so I must be mistaken unless there's another set.  Apparently  CTA has saved the molars from the 3200s and will install them on the 2600s coming from the Blue Line.

I do believe that Pink replaced Orange on the Blue Line sets.  Both sets also include Green, and one includes Red.