CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

50 minutes ago, Pink Jazz said:

I do believe that Pink replaced Orange on the Blue Line sets.  Both sets also include Green, and one includes Red.  

On the thread art cited, all rolls had in the same position 95th and Howard. (The Red Line ones also had Roosevelt and Wilson.) Then there was the acquisition of 900 rolls (300 sets) with Red Ashland-63. The debate basically comes down to what's in the approx. 11 positions other than EXPRESS and NOT IN SERVICE on sets 2 and 3.

As art and I pointed out, the electronic signs on the 3200s make this moot, although something is going to have to replace what's moved from Midway yard (in the immediate time frame for the next couple of years) .

On 9/2/2018 at 3:44 AM, artthouwill said:

This could be due to the roller curtain signage.  The Orange Line 2600s have Brown Line signage that Blue Line 2600s don't.   The Blue Line 2600s DO have Orange Line signage on its roller curtains.  Thus the swap you mention makes sense in that no roller curtain switches have to be made.  The 3200s going to the Blue Line will have the LED signage.

I was aboard a Blue Line to Forest Park going out of service and that particular 2600 had Brown Line signage.  It's hard to tell I guess which ones have them and which don't.

Didn’t catch the car numbers but today at Clark/Lake I watched an Orange Line train at about 1010 AM. For some reason, it’s rollsigns weren’t being used on any of the 8 cars and instead there was a piece of laminated paper on it facing out that said “Loop Midway” in black font on orange paper. Anyone know what or why that is? I get rollsigns break, but for 8 cars?

My best guess is that these cars just came from the Blue line and have the incorrect rollsigns.

Yeah I'm totally tripping over here in Oak Park. Two straight 8 car sets of 3200s just passed me up. First consist I only saw #3219-20 cause I was driving the expy. They passed me on the forest pk branch at kedzie and pulaski they are inbound. I couldn't get runs but the 2nd was 213. Second consist had all #3250's in it. Those are from brown no? Look like the 3200s block is going to blue. The cars look so new and good they look like 5000s. I was completely tripping. Finally blue line has some newer equipment. Hallaluyah Hallaluyah Hallaluyah!!!! LOL!!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

That's so dope man.  I'm actually happy to see 3200's on a different line besides the Orange and Brown line. They look so cool on the Blue too ??????

Same here, I think the signs look good too. Maybe the customers with luggage will like the different seat layout with those single seats.