CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

So far we have at least 40 3200s.

But damn that's more than 2 consists. My guess is 3200s up to 3260 will at least be coming but in saying that brown line gets the rest after 3300? I wonder if orange is going all 2600. Sounds like it but those 2600s did go to brown. I wonder if they are in service?

The 3200s now on the Blue Line may not be in continguous blocks. Today I was in car 3279 of an 8-car Forest Park-bound train made up of 3270s, which were (listed in numerical order) 3271-3272, 3273-3274, 3277-3278 and 3279-3280.

And for the first few weeks (at least) of 3200-series operation on the Blue Line, the 3200s will all operate as solid four- or eight-car trains, in order to work out any bugs that the Blue Line operators may encounter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RJL6000 said:

The 3200s now on the Blue Line may not be in continguous blocks. Today I was in car 3279 of an 8-car Forest Park-bound train made up of 3270s, which were (listed in numerical order) 3271-3272, 3273-3274, 3277-3278 and 3279-3280.

And for the first few weeks (at least) of 3200-series operation on the Blue Line, the 3200s will all operate as solid four- or eight-car trains, in order to work out any bugs that the Blue Line operators may encounter.

I usually only take the Blue when I come back via O'Hare instead of midway, it uses 4-car consists?

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2018 at 5:01 PM, BusHunter said:

But damn that's more than 2 consists. My guess is 3200s up to 3260 will at least be coming but in saying that brown line gets the rest after 3300? I wonder if orange is going all 2600. Sounds like it but those 2600s did go to brown. I wonder if they are in service?

It won't hurt if 2600s will spend rest of their lives on the Brown. 

20 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

Wow that sounds like 3 consists already. The 3270s one the 3250s one and the 3220s one. Then there's 3423-24.

My lucky day.  Currently riding  3211 on the Blue Line.  It ran Express to me at Jackson and now w are en route to Forest Park.   Funny that there were only 2600s at O'Hare when I left there so this was a surprise.  No shocked passengers  yet.

Update:  Running  Express from Kedzie-Homan to Harlem.

Update2:  When we pulled into Forest Park,  we were the only training the station, yet the following training ForesfPark was the next to load and depart.  Perhaps the operator of the train due out wasn't yet qualified or retrained on the 3200s?

If you guys got Facebook check out the new orange line signs. The transfer was so quick they're using stickers that say "Loop/Midway" taped over some ex blue line cars that made it but didn't have the rolls installed. Blue line's running some transfers with brown signs still showing (guess brown shows where blue would on it's appropriate position) of course they don't have it as easy considering you'd need a magnifying glass if someone made multi terminal blue stickers with all the short turns ??

On 9/19/2018 at 8:33 AM, BusHunter said:

If you look in the pictures on the chicago l Facebook site, they show a 3420, looks like 3423. That's weird cause thats not a 3200 block. I need to see who has what anyway. I'll be on the system on Monday and I'll see whats up between the brown orange and blue lines.

I took a good look at a 3400 on that page, and it wasn't 3423 or 3424. It was actually 3411-3412.

And among the 2600s that had those stickers for signs was pair 2667-2668.

8 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

I took a good look at a 3400 on that page, and it wasn't 3423 or 3424. It was actually 3411-3412.

And among the 2600s that had those stickers for signs was pair 2667-2668.

Don't know if that car slipped through it might go back to brown or it was a shop release. I think I was looking for that pair of cars one of the last few to be rehabbed. I need to double check on my list. 

So if they intend to rehab (lite or heavy) 100 #2600s, how will they ever get the spares to do that if they are short now unless the shortage is a cover story.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Don't know if that car slipped through it might go back to brown or it was a shop release. I think I was looking for that pair of cars one of the last few to be rehabbed. I need to double check on my list. 

So if they intend to rehab (lite or heavy) 100 #2600s, how will they ever get the spares to do that if they are short now unless the shortage is a cover story.

The shortage is from reliability issues so with half the fleet ready to break down along with some being out for rehabs doesn't sound too off. They're probably bloating the fleet to compensate 

On 9/22/2018 at 6:06 PM, garmon757 said:

What the hell???? Who would’ve thought about doing this??? @BusHunter

CC99A2A6-97E3-4A2B-899B-313FDFDBF398.jpeg

Looks like 3351 has been paired with 3448, I know mismates are usually even/odd(interesting one with roofboard, one without). But what happened with 3447? I thought it was not wrecked(I haven't kept up on the damaged railcars, I know 3351-3352 was involved in a derailment at Kedzie).

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Hey what the hell my blue line 5000 says it going to O'Hare. 

The gag was up at jeff pk. She said this is the last stop at jeff the train said this is a train to ohare. LOL!! Someone got on. She walked the train I'm surprised they just dont use the diamond crossover at jeff to get back south if they are going through all that. Wouldn't want anyone going to Edmund's middle!! She went back south with a 54th cermak sign. That still exists as a lineup? I wonder does the Racine interlocking understand that as a valid lineup. 

15 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

The gag was up at jeff pk. She said this is the last stop at jeff the train said this is a train to ohare. LOL!! Someone got on. She walked the train I'm surprised they just dont use the diamond crossover at jeff to get back south if they are going through all that. Wouldn't want anyone going to Edmund's middle!! She went back south with a 54th cermak sign. That still exists as a lineup? I wonder does the Racine interlocking understand that as a valid lineup. 

That should still exist as a lineup to be honest.   I think the marker lights are double green

12 hours ago, BusHunter said:

If someone is  stationed at Racine, they can line it up.  Otherwise I believe the operator can manually line it up himself.