CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

• 2 weeks later...

I just spotted the 5000s car #5143-44 on the Green Line today. It must been came from the Red Line. Also, the Purple Line has the Green Line 2400s car #2499-#2500 during the rush hour. It looks like the Green Line has running the 5000s all day. I haven't seen the 2400s anywhere on the Green Line.

I just spotted the 5000s car #5143-44 on the Green Line today. It must been came from the Red Line. Also, the Purple Line has the Green Line 2400s car #2499-#2500 during the rush hour. It looks like the Green Line has running the 5000s all day. I haven't seen the 2400s anywhere on the Green Line.

Looks like the purple line got most of the higher numbered Green line #2400's. I updated the roster to reflect which ones.

Looks like the purple line got most of the higher numbered Green line #2400's. I updated the roster to reflect which ones.

Yeah I know it didn't look like there were any 2400s on the Green Line Friday morning either. The only line I have been seeing them on the last few days of the work week have been on the Purple Line. In fact two of the four 2400s in the six car consist I rode on the Purple Line Express Friday morning were 2499-2500. They and the other two 2400s were trained together with two 2600s that served as the lead cars of the train. I was actually more surprised seeing the 2600s as part of the train than seeing the two former Green Line cars because that was the first time I saw 2600s used on the Purple Line at all in a good couple months almost.

You're welcome to speculate, but it's going to be several years tops before 5713-5714 hit the rails. I would say 2017, 2018 before this pair might even arrive.

Official CTA pronouncements were something like 2015. 480 cars left to go and deliveries supposedly at 5 a week* indicates 96 weeks, or 1.8 years.

* Railway Technology. International Railway Journal. Both also state that 7000s should start in 2016.

Official CTA pronouncements were something like 2015. 480 cars left to go and deliveries supposedly at 5 a week* indicates 96 weeks, or 1.8 years.

* Railway Technology. International Railway Journal. Both also state that 7000s should start in 2016.

Was that the updated pronouncement date or was that made when they started rolling them out in 2009? The Bombardier cars had two delays due to mechanical flaws and didn't really start coming in until 2011.

Was that the updated pronouncement date or was that made when they started rolling them out in 2009? The Bombardier cars had two delays due to mechanical flaws and didn't really start coming in until 2011.

If you had clicked on those links, they are dated Feb. 2013 (main topic in those articles was the 7000s).

I'll concede that one couldn't apply the formula from 2009, due to the cars being taken out of service, but it sure looks like that formula can be used from now, especially given the statements in those sources that the 7000s are expected starting in 2016.

My guess is possibly a qualifying train, perhaps prepping for the Wells St Bridge project, Part II, starting Friday Night, April.26th.

I would put my money there, unless the Evanston Shoppers' Special had been reinstated. :lol: Probably being qualified only as a Ravenston, though (i.e. Brown Line train from Howard yard).