CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

I've been noticing that blue line has cars up to #3335-36. They have been filling in the spaces of missing cars too. I saw #3285-86 and #3281-82 and I dont remember those being blue line before. #3317-18 has also recently showed up. So they have the block #3315-26. I wonder do they eventually intend for blue line to get 136 3200 cars. I've also noticed brown line runs mixed sets of 2600/3200s where blue runs them unmixed. They are still training on the blue line in the midday. I wonder do they intend to mix trains once training is complete? If they ran the 2600s all as belly cars they could essentially be trailers and they wouldn't have to deal with ATC issues etc. Something to think about.

9 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Rosters need updating again blue line got more 3200’s recently along with brown line getting more 2600’s

My roster is updated. Talk to sw4400. My problems are with the cta bus roster which needs major help. I could probably fix it but I need time. When it gets cold this winter it will probably get fixed. Currently rail is more interesting until the electrics or 8325s show up.

• Upvote 1

#2629-30 and #2729-30 are here at kimball. #3285-86 are also here. #3281-82, #3307-08 are here.

So cars are going back and forth blue to brown. Get this #3457-58 just pulled up with one car signed skokie and the other car signed downtown. Didn't know that was possible. I filmed it for what it's worth. Never saw that before and I'm always around trains.

16 hours ago, scotthilly said:

Unfortunately no pictures, but there’s a 4 car train of 2600’s in the yard at Howard next to the Purple Line ramp. Is this because Kimball doesn’t have enough space?

Last week, they were filming some sort of TV show or movie using 4 2600's on the NSML. They were running on track 1, back and forth between Wilson and Morse. The head car had its right side windows papered over with some sort of green screen. Perhaps these were the four seen in laid up in the Howard Yard recently? I have attached some photos below. (Also on a side note-- anyone know what they may have been filming?)

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ThirdRailVision said:

Last week, they were filming some sort of TV show or movie using 4 2600's on the NSML. They were running on track 1, back and forth between Wilson and Morse. The head car had its right side windows papered over with some sort of green screen. Perhaps these were the four seen in laid up in the Howard Yard recently? I have attached some photos below. (Also on a side note-- anyone know what they may have been filming?)

Could be something for any of the Chicago series of TV shows? Or CTA promotional video?

Hey wait a minute 2600s are not supposed to be on the red line. Lol. There was a filming crew that had the whole Clark basically shut down around Lake last night and today there was about 4 artics with red line destination signs hanging around at Wilson on broadway. I never found out what was up.