CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

55 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The problem is which way do you run the trains through the Loop.  I suppose Lake and Wabash in both directions,  but many riders on both lines  use Wells and Van Buren stations.  I suppose those  Brown Line passengers can transfer to Purples at Mdse Mart.  Orange Line riders can transfer at Adams and Wabash to Pink or Purple trains.

The other problem is frequency.   Peak Orange Line trains run erry 7 to 8 minutes while peak Brown run every 3 minutes.   Brownange trains run out of operational necessity.   Both lines were designed to run around the Loop.

Here is an idea I made.  This would also allow the Purple Line Express to add more trains without clogging the Loop.  

20191107_205830.jpg

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The problem is which way do you run the trains through the Loop.  I suppose Lake and Wabash in both directions,  but many riders on both lines  use Wells and Van Buren stations.  I suppose those  Brown Line passengers can transfer to Purples at Mdse Mart.  Orange Line riders can transfer at Adams and Wabash to Pink or Purple trains.

The other problem is frequency.   Peak Orange Line trains run erry 7 to 8 minutes while peak Brown run every 3 minutes.   Brownange trains run out of operational necessity.   Both lines were designed to run around the Loop.

4 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Here is an idea I made.  This would also allow the Purple Line Express to add more trains without clogging the Loop.  

20191107_205830.jpg

I think I had similar. My solution would've been to run Wells and Van Buren full time to offset the Green Line. Pink & Purple Lines would've then operated clockwise in the Loop. To address frequency issues, some Brownage trains could just short turn in the loop, also running clockwise (while full Brownage would run Wells & Van Buren both directions)

32 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I think I had similar. My solution would've been to run Wells and Van Buren full time to offset the Green Line. Pink & Purple Lines would've then operated clockwise in the Loop. To address frequency issues, some Brownage trains could just short turn in the loop, also running clockwise (while full Brownage would run Wells & Van Buren both directions)

That would actually work the best, because on the current brown line, from what I’ve seen the busiest loop stations for the brown line are Washington/Wells and Quincy. When I ride the brown line in the AM rush to school Downtown, the fully packed brown line train empties almost completely at Washington/Wells and Quincy. Then of course in the PM rush when the brown line comes around to State and Lake the train is packed to almost capacity. I’m not sure about the busiest loop stops on the orange line though. 

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

I THINK it’s chronological. 308/309 AM, 319/320PM

Run numbers are chronological based on pull out times

1 hour ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Is run #320 recent?  Last time I checked the PM runs were runs #318 and #321.  After their Blue Line trips, the operators do Pink Line loopers for the rest of the night.

Also these runs do to blue line trips and go back to 54th. They dont do pink line runs

8 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Also these runs do to blue line trips and go back to 54th. They dont do pink line runs

Yes they do.  They do Pink Line runs after that.  Pay attention when you ride the Pink Line.  You will see run #318 and #321 at around 8pm.  Same goes for in the morning.  When #308 and #309 come back to 54th, the operators of those trains do Pink Line runs.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Yes they do.  They do Pink Line runs after that.  Pay attention when you ride the Pink Line.  You will see run #318 and #321 at around 8pm.  Same goes for in the morning.  When #308 and #309 come back to 54th, the operators of those trains do Pink Line runs.

First off. #308 and #309 is not a run that does blue line service. All runs are 318-322 second as part time trippers these definitely are dedicated for crowd relief on blue line and go out of service at racine 

39 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Never mind they rearranged since they first started this. Basically first few picks these were extras similar to the 26 south shore expansion now the schedule incorporates them better

On 1/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, joechicago said:

Ugh, we don’t need more of the crappy 2600s on the Brown line.

But as mentioned above, the less demanding operations of the Brown Line will help the cars. More downtime might equal more fixing and shop TLC too. And Blue Line riders have had more than their fare share of riding the 2600s for long periods of time. I rode them from mid 2012 to late 2013 and even then they were a bit worn unfortunately.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, chicagocubs6323 said:

Whiny Ravenswood people, like a friend of mine says.  

But I'm sure people on this forum know the Blue Line has an equally vocal critic of the older rolling stock... :ph34r:

On 1/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, ajm522 said:

I THINK it’s chronological. 308/309 AM, 319/320PM

Chronological. Run numbers are ordered by which run will end first in the day (for example, if run 309 ended before 308, you might actually see it head for the Blue Line first!).

• Haha 1