CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

Yesterday [4/21/2013] around 4:15 to 4:35 I saw a train of 5K's signed as a Loop bound Purple Line southbound approaching Mdse Mart. Anyone know what was up?

It was a movie train, filming scenes for the Chicago Fire TV show. It sas out there Saturday and Sunday

• Upvote 2

I rode a 5000 car # 5229 on Red line from 95th and I already seen a Graffiti wrote by giant permanent marker on their seats under the map/ sign. What is the deal with these so-called Gangsters?

No respect for anyone or anything. The Pink and Green Line 5000s are relatively graffiti free. I'm sure that won't be the case on the Red Line. I also think people have figured out that these so called cameras aren't being monitored live so I expect to see crime inch back up on trains. I saw a new camera in the 3200 series car on the Orange Line, but that didn't stop the graffiti on that line.

No respect for anyone or anything. The Pink and Green Line 5000s are relatively graffiti free. I'm sure that won't be the case on the Red Line. I also think people have figured out that these so called cameras aren't being monitored live so I expect to see crime inch back up on trains. I saw a new camera in the 3200 series car on the Orange Line, but that didn't stop the graffiti on that line.

The Red line takes alot of abuse and has alot higher ridership than the Pink or Green lines. That's more opportunities for random graffiti artists to board. Frankly I'm surprised they are getting all #5000's. Some already have shadows on the stainless steel sides, I don't know from graffiti or rail dust. Some trains in the yard already show rail dust or paint wear (rust marks under the headlights.) No doubt in a few years the cars are going to look bad and that will be half the fleet of #5000's we're talking about. Probably it would've been smarter to leave a few older cars around for them. If they intend on getting rid of the #2600's soon anyway, and it would help stretch out the wear on the #5000's.

Does anyone know if the newer 5000s received the chimes for when the doors are opening? The new cars were supposed to have that function adfed, but if the 1000 through 1300 CTA buses ate any indication (as they still haven't received newer seats as promised) the chimes probably haven't been added yet.

I did seen an Brown Line 3200 (#3367-68) as head cars working the Orange Line at Clark and Lake at around 7:30PM yesterday.

That's part of the Orange/Brown swap done before Wells St. pt. 1. 3355-3378 were transferred over to the Brown Line while the Brown Line got 3267-3294. They also initially had 3255-3256 and 3265-3266, but they have since been reassigned to the Orange Line. If this swap is permanent or will they re-block the 3200's after the Wells St. Bridge project is done, I don't know.

Does anyone know if the newer 5000s received the chimes for when the doors are opening? The new cars were supposed to have that function adfed, but if the 1000 through 1300 CTA buses ate any indication (as they still haven't received newer seats as promised) the chimes probably haven't been added yet.

Hungry New Flyers, huh??? :P:lol:

I would look to see 1000-1302???(I believe that was the cutoff of old seats to new seats) get retrofitted with the newer-style seats after the gut rehabs.

Hungry New Flyers, huh??? :P:lol:

I would look to see 1000-1302???(I believe that was the cutoff of old seats to new seats) get retrofitted with the newer-style seats after the gut rehabs.

There are a few #1000 buses here and there that have the newer seats below #1302. I can think of #1290 and I believe #1111 has newer seats and of course the prototype #1000. #1258 has the newer type seats on the back row of seats only. There is one bus that has a black floor, #1658, (versus a blue one) I guess that was some type of experiment.

There are a few #1000 buses here and there that have the newer seats below #1302. I can think of #1290 and I believe #1111 has newer seats and of course the prototype #1000. #1258 has the newer type seats on the back row of seats only. There is one bus that has a black floor, #1658, (versus a blue one) I guess that was some type of experiment.

#1291 has them as well. And I've seen a North Park bus with a black floor as well. It was a lower numbered one and the floor was smoooth and grainy.

#1291 has them as well. And I've seen a North Park bus with a black floor as well. It was a lower numbered one and the floor was smoooth and grainy.

Yeah that's #1382 - #1384 I believe. Those floors remind me of what was on the #5900's, like an unfinished floor. The #1658 one by contrast is all black, just like the #6000's.

My original question concerned the chimes for the doors opening on the 5000s

Maybe someone can ask Claypool if they are electronic or mechanical. :wub::P

Wouldn't it be something if they took those chimes when the doors close on the 5000's and replaced them with this... :lol:

That's part of the Orange/Brown swap done before Wells St. pt. 1. 3355-3378 were transferred over to the Brown Line while the Brown Line got 3267-3294. They also initially had 3255-3256 and 3265-3266, but they have since been reassigned to the Orange Line. If this swap is permanent or will they re-block the 3200's after the Wells St. Bridge project is done, I don't know.

Got a typo there. I think you wanted to say the Orange Line got 3355-3378.