Sign in to follow this  
Busjack

Pace Construction

13 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Are the Saturday 606 trips run by the eldos? I thought River was all 30 fts

River has 40' El Dorado's operating out of the East Dundee sub-depot that are used on the I-90 routes. I have seen these on the Saturday 606s.

5 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

River has 40' El Dorado's operating out of the East Dundee sub-depot that are used on the I-90 routes. I have seen these on the Saturday 606s.

These are not the exact same (or more specific, they are the same type but not the same numbers). The River Division garage itself has room for a few of those 40-footers - but no more than what it currently has (after accounting for the 30-footers that are also based at that garage). The ones that are currently at River proper are 6379, 6380, 6382-6385 and 6389-6391. 6381 is at Southwest while 6386-6388 are at North Shore.

River did have a few of the regular 40-foot Eldos (6559-6563 and 6703-6706, with 6558 added later). But these were all reassigned to West after the transfer of the highway Eldos from South to River as South transitioned entirely to CNG buses.

The East Dundee outstation division should have only 6377, 6378 and 6485-6509. None of those that are actually assigned to the East Dundee outstation were ever run on the 606, even on weekdays.

And 606 runs are divided between River and Northwest during the day on weekdays and Saturdays, with all evening trips and all Sunday trips being run from Northwest.

There’s a passenger notice about the construction at Orland Square Mall. It is not yet complete, but service changes will start next week. Only 364 and some 379s will enter the mall property, while the other buses will only serve Herion/Wheeler.