CTA New Flyer #4300's in service/delivery dates

BusHunter

24 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well to answer that I can tell you a lot of those buses back in the boneyard should have been dropped from roster after several months of sitting. 

However, there was an RFP for:

image.png

Not 98 or 94.

9 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

If anybody thinks 4333 is savable, they are kidding themselves. 4323?Maybe but unlikely. 4300 there is nothing wrong with, just declared a training tool like 7900 was for a long time.

#4323 is a parts bus at this point, interior has been picked clean practically. #4333 is long gone as well. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

That can’t be possible aren’t they due for retirement soon?

Edited by Bus1883

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

4000’s are getting replaced soon by XE60’s in the next couple yrs so i highly doubt they getting a rehab

31 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

That can’t be possible aren’t they due for retirement soon?

Nobody said either. Only statement from CTA was in the budget that the 5-year capital program provided for replacing 208 articulated buses with the equivalent electric buses, and the posted solicitation to rehab the 4300s. Nobody, except maybe you two, thinks NF can quickly supply 308 XE60s.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Nobody said either. Only statement from CTA was in the budget that the 5-year capital program provided for replacing 208 articulated buses with the equivalent electric buses, and the posted solicitation to rehab the 4300s. Nobody, except maybe you two, thinks NF can quickly supply 308 XE60s.

I'm glad someone called them out on that inaccurate information they've been spewing out for a while now. Unless it's written in black an white from CTA HQ it's not true. You can't just speculate your opinion into reality and fact @Mr.NewFlyer1051

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'm glad someone called them out on that inaccurate information they've been spewing out for a while now. Unless it's written in black an white from CTA HQ it's not true. You can't just speculate your opinion into reality and fact @Mr.NewFlyer1051

and you think Nova can supply 308 60ft novas quickly? mann

11 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

and you think Nova can supply 308 60ft novas quickly? mann

I need you to take a step back and look at the entire country as a whole right now when it comes to automotive industry and its productivity before engaging in this discussion. Each production and delivery cycle won't be the same as the last. It normally takes 1-3 years to build and deliver entire fleets in a timely matter regardless of manufacture.  Also with rehabbing 94-98 #4300s and slowly retiring the surplus stimulus #4000s we have currently all they would really need realistically is another order 150 artics at best to add along side with the rehabbed #4300s, Not 308. We already have a surplus of artics that aren't really used in service while the other chunk is sidelined for maintenance. 

8 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I need you to take a step back and look at the entire country as a whole right now when it comes to automotive industry and its productivity before engaging in this discussion. Each production and delivery cycle won't be the same as the last. It normally takes 1-3 years to build and deliver entire fleets in a timely matter regardless of manufacture.  Also with rehabbing 94-98 #4300s and slowly retiring the surplus stimulus #4000s we have currently all they would really need realistically is another order 150 artics at best to add along side with the rehabbed #4300s, Not 308. We already have a surplus of artics that aren't really used in service while the other chunk is sidelined for maintenance. 

first off i never said we getting new buses really soon i clearly said “in a couple years” but as stated by CTA “to replace 208 #4000’s” is why i said 208 new buses i put “3” by accident as to my saying for XE60’s is NFI is clearly known for delivering buses relatively fast and the new bus order is for 2023-2025 which means we should see a bidding maybe early next year 

12 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

first off i never said we getting new buses really soon i clearly said “in a couple years” but as stated by CTA “to replace 208 #4000’s” is why i said 208 new buses i put “3” by accident as to my saying for XE60’s is NFI is clearly known for delivering buses relatively fast and the new bus order is for 2023-2025 which means we should see a bidding maybe early next year 

You're merely speculating your point into existence as if you have information that is factual. Regardless if you meant it or not you have to at least elaborate your point for me to understand your perspective. Next proof read before posting as well. Depending on the overall climate of the market at the time will determine how fast production and deliveries will take place. New Flyer and NovaBus were both known for years depending on the agency to having decent delivery timelines. On average it normally takes 2-3 years for a massive order for big agencies to get fulfilled by the top dogs in the game. The pandemic and economic fallout since late 2019 really hindered a lot agencies getting on time deliveries.  

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Kevin said:

4376 has new seat inserts. I think these are similar to what the newest Novas have? They’re comfy. A gentleman who boarded with me commented that he thought it was a new bus. It certainly smells new thanks to the seats. 

IMG_5638.jpeg

I'll assume it came Fresh out of SS, did the bus have a fresh coat of paint among other components?

Here's the project update for the 4300-series overhauls from RTAMS:

"Two buses were removed from the scope of this project during this reporting period. The contractor delivered the first (2) pilot buses this reporting period and have begun the 30-day inspection and service period. Once the service period is completed and final notes acknowledged, the contractor will begin the overhaul of the production buses.

Last Updated 12.14.2023"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

Here's the project update for the 4300-series overhauls from RTAMS:

"Two buses were removed from the scope of this project during this reporting period. The contractor delivered the first (2) pilot buses this reporting period and have begun the 30-day inspection and service period. Once the service period is completed and final notes acknowledged, the contractor will begin the overhaul of the production buses.

Last Updated 12.14.2023"

i wonder what the pilot buses look like unless they talking about #4376 and #4399, also two buses were removed from the scope?……..my huge guess is 4323 and 4333?

should be (4) pilots……4301, 4351, and ofc 4376 and 4399

32 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

it looks like it did get a fresh coat

IMG_7154.jpeg

I definitively believe this bus along with #4399 are the two pilots. #4399 was getting a lot of work done on it in our bay area and it indeed looked freshly rehabbed over a month or so ago, I took this picture on 11/12/23 while heading home.

20231112_142505.jpg

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I definitively believe this bus along with #4399 are the two pilots. #4399 was getting a lot of work done on it in our bay area and it indeed looked freshly rehabbed over a month or so ago, I took this picture on 11/12/23 while heading home.

20231112_142505.jpg

The fly in that ointment is that RTAMS says "The contractor delivered the first (2) pilot buses this reporting period." Unless CTA was crapping the RTA, that work was not done by Shops, Ordinance 022-127 awards a contract to The Aftermarket Parts Company, LLC to rehab the 4300-series buses. It awarded a "turnkey" contract for "labor and materials."

That company resulted from the merger of NFI Parts and MCI Parts. So, NF is rehabbing the buses.

10 minutes ago, Busjack said:

The fly in that ointment is that RTAMS says "The contractor delivered the first (2) pilot buses this reporting period." Unless CTA was crapping the RTA, that work was not done by Shops, Ordinance 022-127 awards a contract to The Aftermarket Parts Company, LLC to rehab the 4300-series buses. It awarded a "turnkey" contract for "labor and materials."

Not entirely true, SS does take part in the process in some aspects.  In what form is unknown to me outside of what I see the crews doing to the artics in the shops throughout the work week which is probably common maintenance practice's.