4300/4330-series DE60LF/D60LF - Updates

BusHunter

Well, for the moment north park now has a hybrid assigned. Saw it crossing the michigan ave bridge bearing a "North Park Garage" sign.

It has to be one of the five buses in the 4300-4332 group that have not yet been officially placed into service (4313, 4320, 4322, 4326 or 4332).

Due to the forthcoming Chicago Auto Show beginning tomorrow, expect many of the artics (both 4000- and 4300-series) to be used on special downtown-to-McCormick-Place express shuttles. In addition, during the next two weekends expect a couple of the runs on the #21 Cermak to be operated with artics.

I was wrong for this particular weekend. #21 is still operated entirely with 40-footers, and it is unknown if any special shuttles are being operated for the Auto Show (since those shuttles do not appear on BusTracker).

I was wrong for this particular weekend. #21 is still operated entirely with 40-footers, and it is unknown if any special shuttles are being operated for the Auto Show (since those shuttles do not appear on BusTracker).

I don't see any Press Release for service this year. I put Auto Show into the search box on transitchicago.com, and get all prior years, but not 2013. ABC7 and Metra say the service is being provided, but Googling indicates that those are the only two sources.

Well, for the moment north park now has a hybrid assigned. Saw it crossing the michigan ave bridge bearing a "North Park Garage" sign.

Are you sure it was assigned to NP? Did you see a run number? I saw a bus yesterday close to there (#6872), I swear it had a North Park garage sign too, and we know that's a 77th bus. Also there were some odd equipment sightings last night over the Michigan avenue bridge, I saw #4314 with a Mccormick place sign on the bridge and another #4300 laying over up by the John Hancock Center at Chestnut/Mies Van Der Rohe.

I'm

not going to keep arguing this discussion. But to close it out, show me

where you get 600, because the RFP I read was for 450 buses(mixed 40'

and 60' buses). That was the only RFP ever put out for buses recently.

They can only go up to 400 NOVA LFS buses because the RFP this is from

is a minimum 300/maximum 400 40' buses and a minimum 50/maximum 150.

Whatever amount of 40' and 60' buses the CTA orders must equal 450, as

that is what the RFP required. If you can't show a 600 RFP or another

150 RFP seperate from the 450, then you have your answer.

You didn't read Addendum TWO did you? See here and especially here.

You didn't contest then, nor can you contest, that I downloaded

Addendum TWO, And the amended solicitation to which I linked is still live.

jajuan is correct about you.

You didn't read Addendum TWO did you? See here and especially here.

You didn't contest then, nor can you contest, that I downloaded

Addendum TWO, And the amended solicitation to which I linked is still live.

jajuan is correct about you.

Thank you for showing me Addendum two. I only saw Addendum one for 450 only(300 40', 150 60'), not 600. I couldn't even find it or this one on the transitchicago webpage anymore. I don't have a clue where you found it, but that was all I was asking for was information the CTA put up stating 600 buses were going to be order with up to 450 being 40' buses and up to 150 being 60' buses.

Anyways, this argument is closed now. I have closed it with jajuan and wish to not bring it up again(especially with this link now showing me the solicitation).

Are you sure it was assigned to NP? Did you see a run number? I saw a bus yesterday close to there (#6872), I swear it had a North Park garage sign too, and we know that's a 77th bus. Also there were some odd equipment sightings last night over the Michigan avenue bridge, I saw #4314 with a Mccormick place sign on the bridge and another #4300 laying over up by the John Hancock Center at Chestnut/Mies Van Der Rohe.

Maybe it was a McCormick Place sign I saw and got confused with North Park.

Shuttles are running. The usual one from downtown that started yesterday and ends on the 18th and the weekend one from the Orange Line. The CTA put the flyers up on the rail stations and the buses. But I think they may have put them up a little later than usual.

Thank you for showing me Addendum two. I only saw Addendum one for 450 only(300 40', 150 60'), not 600. I couldn't even find it or this one on the transitchicago webpage anymore. I don't have a clue where you found it, but that was all I was asking for was information the CTA put up stating 600 buses were going to be order with up to 450 being 40' buses and up to 150 being 60' buses.

Anyways, this argument is closed now. I have closed it with jajuan and wish to not bring it up again(especially with this link now showing me the solicitation).

Actually I closed it with you since I gave the correct info but either way it's closed.

Shuttles are running. The usual one from downtown that started yesterday and ends on the 18th and the weekend one from the Orange Line. The CTA put the flyers up on the rail stations and the buses. But I think they may have put them up a little later than usual.

And without actually going there it is unclear as to whether they are operated with artics or 40-footers.

And without actually going there it is unclear as to whether they are operated with artics or 40-footers.

Well they have a past history of using both because as I recall in past years the shuttles were buses on hand from garages across the system including garages that didn't have artics. This has especially been true in the years after the closing of Archer Garage, which used to provide the bulk of the shuttles as the downtown shuttle started based in part upon the structure of the old 127 route as it was structured from 1987 to 1994 when it served McCormick Place and given Archer was one of the garages that housed the route from 1982-2002 based on info from Bill V's research. In fact before 2006 the year that began 127's odd restructuring that gave it that two way circular loop structure as the 127 Roosevelt/Madison Circulator assigned to Kedzie, the downtown Auto Show shuttle was assigned the 127 number because it was considered special Auto Show service on the 127 route.

Yesterday [2/11/2013] I saw 4333 westbound on Adams at Clark working #151. I am guessing it was the short portion

of the route handled by the Kedzie garage.

That would be correct since 4333 has in recent weeks been reassigned from 103rd to Kedzie and given that they've been steering mostly clean diesels to Kedzie while the hybrids have mostly been going to 103rd.

Add two more 4300s - 4340 and 4341 - as being based at Kedzie Garage. They are on the #156 right now.

#4340 has a problem with the destination sign. It's stuck on a demo sign. I only caught part of it passing by it said "courtesy of the CTA". Anyway they put a paper sign on the front destination. Looks kind of weird. Probably another defect. The bus is appearing on Bustracker though.

#4340 has a problem with the destination sign. It's stuck on a demo sign. I only caught part of it passing by it said "courtesy of the CTA". Anyway they put a paper sign on the front destination. Looks kind of weird. Probably another defect. The bus is appearing on Bustracker though.

Frozen sign controllers are nothing new. Of course, the paper sign is old school too. The surprising thing is that anything would be courtesy of the CTA.