CTA New Flyer #4300's in service/delivery dates

BusHunter

#4350 is on the #6 today. #4351, #4335 is on the #J14 this afternoon. #4348 was also on the #6, but I don't think it's appearing on Bustracker.

All that money spent on the supposed "BRT" to change the route number and wrap buses, yet 4300s are all over the 14. So much for identifiable unique equipment. What a joke...for 6 whole minutes.

All that money spent on the supposed "BRT" to change the route number and wrap buses, yet 4300s are all over the 14. So much for identifiable unique equipment. What a joke...for 6 whole minutes.

They should just wrap some #4300's (maybe half of what 103rd gets) Seems funny to have the artist rendering showing these new buses on the #J14 and they end up wrapping #4000's. I think they intended to have the #4300's for the #J14 but there was a delay in shipping and they were stuck wrapping the older buses. BTW, speaking of artics I read this week the reason the CTA got those seats on the #4150-#4207's were because those were in stock at the factory and someone (I don't know who) didn't want to wait to order the other seats that were in the #4000's. BTW, another new bus is out on the #6, #4352.

They should just wrap some #4300's (maybe half of what 103rd gets) Seems funny to have the artist rendering showing these new buses on the #J14 and they end up wrapping #4000's. I think they intended to have the #4300's for the #J14 but there was a delay in shipping and they were stuck wrapping the older buses. BTW, speaking of artics I read this week the reason the CTA got those seats on the #4150-#4207's were because those were in stock at the factory and someone (I don't know who) didn't want to wait to order the other seats that were in the #4000's. BTW, another new bus is out on the #6, #4352.

Does that mean that the 4150's weren't supposed to be longtitutional? And what about the lighting? People on here say that they are the same as the others, but they look like dots while 4000-4149 have a whole bar of LED's. Hard to explain.

Does that mean that the 4150's weren't supposed to be longtitutional? And what about the lighting? People on here say that they are the same as the others, but they look like dots while 4000-4149 have a whole bar of LED's. Hard to explain.

I don't know but it does sound like someone was in an awful hurry to get these buses to Chicago so your statement may have some merit with various parts being different. I wonder if there was any political influence to get those buses here by a certain date?

I don't know but it does sound like someone was in an awful hurry to get these buses to Chicago so your statement may have some merit with various parts being different. I wonder if there was any political influence to get those buses here by a certain date?

The only thing said was that ARRA money had to be spent. And, of course, there were 226 broken buses in the yards.

There was someone on the CTA Tattler making the leap that the only reason the 4300s have InSight seats is because Seattle wanted them,* but the 4150s sure don't correspond to what WMATA supposedly bought with its part of the contract at issue (BRTs),

Unless someone was on the floor at New Flyer, I think we are going overboard with suppositions again.

*I had only brought up the Seattle point because he thought that because the 4300s had the same seats as most of the other buses, CTA had come to its senses over the rail cars, but I said that I doubted that the Rail Engineer had any involvement in that decision.

Of course, according to a Baltimore poster, NF just happened to have 14 shells for "rejected CTA buses" on its floor, too. And it did.

Hi Folks;

Does anyone have a feel for how many artics 77th Garage will retain after the Ryan Red Line work is completed and

shuttles are no longer running?

Well 77th would have to get some artics first before we go into that speculation. So far they haven't. The emphasis is still stacking artics at NP, 103rd, and Kedzie.

Just rode 4343 on #66 this morning. Gotta love that new bus smell...

Am I missing something here? This is a Chicago Ave route from the Chicago Ave garage. There is no indication that this garage was slated for any artics. I don't know if this garage is capable of hosting 60 ft artics, similar to 74th's predicament. The only ways I can see an artic on 66 is as a loaner, a run from another garage, or training for the upcoming Wells.construction project where some artics could be temporarily parked.

Am I missing something here? This is a Chicago Ave route from the Chicago Ave garage. There is no indication that this garage was slated for any artics. I don't know if this garage is capable of hosting 60 ft artics, similar to 74th's predicament. The only ways I can see an artic on 66 is as a loaner, a run from another garage, or training for the upcoming Wells.construction project where some artics could be temporarily parked.

Kedzie has some early morning runs on the #66, starting this last pick. That is a Kedzie bus.

Looks like CTA is not running too many #4300's on the #6 today. Early this morning #4326 jackknifed at 47th/Lake Park according to ABC 7 news. Can't seem to find a link about it though.

Mentioned here.

Not a headline, but just put CTA in the search box.

Update: The CTA bus part of the story is at 4:07 of the video.

As BusHunter noted, Kedzie Garage has some AM rush period runs on that route. However, over the past several days the Kedzie-based runs on that route have been run largely with 40-footers (with a couple of artics mixed in).