4300/4330-series DE60LF/D60LF - Updates

BusHunter

Bus 4355 is now in service, on the #151 short run to Water Tower. It is unclear whether it is a Kedzie or a North Park garage run since both garages (plus Chicago Garage) operate such short runs on the route.

Very likely a Kedzie run since Chicago has no artics and North Park has no 4300s as yet, if it gets any.

Looks like CTA is not running too many #4300's on the #6 today. Early this morning #4326 jackknifed at 47th/Lake Park according to ABC 7 news. Can't seem to find a link about it though.

I noticed the same this morning. The 135. 136, 146 and 147 had more 40 footers mixed in than we'd usually see. But they still had a good number of artics operating those routes. They had little choice though but to put some artics out given it was a weekday. Most I saw in operation moved slower, especially on those roadways that still had quite a bit of a slushy mess this morning. Though it was still far from the Snowmaggedon Part II that sw thought Skilling was predicting.

I noticed the same this morning. The 135. 136, 146 and 147 had more 40 footers mixed in than we'd usually see. But they still had a good number of artics operating those routes. They had little choice though but to put some artics out given it was a weekday. Most I saw in operation moved slower, especially on those roadways that still had quite a bit of a slushy mess this morning. Though it was still far from the Snowmaggedon Part II that sw thought Skilling was predicting.

The bad weather was in Kansas City. Link: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kmov.com%2Fvideo%2Ffeatured-videos%2FBus-in-Kansas-City-crashes-into-telephone-poll-192535011.html&ei=3SYoUbDAG9GsqAGRtIC4Bg&usg=AFQjCNHpDQCgcbQ3qbE0ywFkUJz5BR5sWw&bvm=bv.42768644,d.aWM

Yesterday morning I noticed on the way to work that the J14 was covered with a LOT of 4300's (I've only passed one that was actually branded. Also, last few weeks i've noticed artics starting to reappear on the 15, at the dan ryan more consistently (even saw a Jump artic doing a run on the 95W Wednesday night)

Yesterday morning I noticed on the way to work that the J14 was covered with a LOT of 4300's (I've only passed one that was actually branded. Also, last few weeks i've noticed artics starting to reappear on the 15, at the dan ryan more consistently (even saw a Jump artic doing a run on the 95W Wednesday night)

Which #4300 is branded?

Yeah I know. That ABC7 story that Busjack linked also has a shot of a Kansas City D40LF swerving on the snow packed street it was traveling causing its rear end to whack a light pole and knock the light pole over.

I'm guessing you mean a few artics popping on the 15 and the routes terminating at 95th and the Dan Ryan during rush periods more during rush hour periods as those routes are still overwhelmingly operated with 40 footers. I did notice the 26 ran a few more artics than seen in the past during today's evening rush.

I'm guessing you mean a few artics popping on the 15 and the routes terminating at 95th and the Dan Ryan during rush periods more during rush hour periods as those routes are still overwhelmingly operated with 40 footers. I did notice the 26 ran a few more artics than seen in the past during today's evening rush.

So did I.

Yes I've been seeing that too. Probably because they have 37 #4300's and have transferred away only 23 #4000 buses to NP. The extra buses have to go somewhere.

Also, during the PM rush I have also seen artic use on the #126 Jackson, a route that is otherwise run entirely with 40-footers. Kedzie received bus 4355 without losing any more 4000s; thus it now has 61 artics assigned to it. And even with 37 4300s assigned to 103rd, the total artic count at that garage stands at 63.

Also, during the PM rush I have also seen artic use on the #126 Jackson, a route that is otherwise run entirely with 40-footers. Kedzie received bus 4355 without losing any more 4000s; thus it now has 61 artics assigned to it. And even with 37 4300s assigned to 103rd, the total artic count at that garage stands at 63.

That artic on the 126 might be part of the interline between the 7/126 (which has the occasional artic pop up quite a lot). And with 63 artics that definately explains why 103rd is starting to hit more local routes with artics (like what was done when they gained 65 for the 2010 pick). I think 4300's should start making their way to after 4360 or at least a like number of 4000's

That artic on the 126 might be part of the interline between the 7/126 (which has the occasional artic pop up quite a lot). And with 63 artics that definately explains why 103rd is starting to hit more local routes with artics (like what was done when they gained 65 for the 2010 pick). I think 4300's should start making their way to after 4360 or at least a like number of 4000's

Perhaps, but 7 and 126 aren't interlined during rush periods. The interline really only comes into play weekday middays and evenings.

What routes did 77th assign those three buses to?

Not appearing on BusTracker yet. If they do, expect to see them on one or more of those five routes:

#3 King Drive

#4 Cottage Grove

#8 Halsted

#79 79th (trips to/from Ford City and/or Solo Cup Factory)

#87 87th (trips to/from 87th/Cicero)

As of today, 77th has assigned 4322, 4349 and 4354.

Were they on routes or on a roster? Cause if you saw those along the fence facing 79th then those are headed to other garages.... Unless my prediction about some artics making their way to 77th around the arrival of 4360's are coming true