Cermak Green Line Station

jtrosario

Here's some pictures CTA put out on it's Facebook page of the station and stationhouse. Maybe they should have made the tube have glass sections instead of metal, looks a little claustrophobic.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.763184060437886.1073741920.134339103322388&type=1

Metal tube seems consistent with 35th, where the idea was to deflect noise away from the new IIT buildings. This sort of looks like Dallas Cowboys stadium, with the spectator area covered, but the center not.

• 1 month later...

Hey since when does the tube have see thru tinted glass? That's in your video!! What the metal has cutaway portions for glass? Yeah according to management, that's the date. Things could change between here and there but it should be around that date if they can't make that deadline. I did say putting up train tracker signs means they're close to completion.

My contact at the CTA says that Cermak McCormick Place/Green line will open on February 9th.

Wow! That station doesn't even looked finished, but one of the workers on-site said that the station should be ready late February- early March, but February 9th, expect some entrances to not be in service if that is the anticipating opening date. I would think more of March 9th instead of February 9th, WOW!

How long did Morgan and Oakton-Skokie take to build, barring any setbacks? Will they immediately start building Washington/Wabash next?

I thought they were supposed to do Washington/Wabash starting this Spring, but I think the Quincy/Wells station rehab is ahead of it.

DNA.info has a story that Jefferson Park is going to install a new crosswalk on Milwaukee for the station, they've allocated 1.5 million in construction funding to help with the station rehab, but they need to pass it by the city council. They said that would be in March. So no construction there untll at least then. Here's a link on that

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150123/jefferson-park/jefferson-park-transit-center-renovation-get-5m-from-tif-districts

All these Red line subway closures on the weekend have been for Clark/Division. They have been painting the SB tunnel wall and installing the framework that's going to hold the acoustical panels. There's one at the NW corner of the station done probably as an example of the completed work. They've also been taking down a few wooden walls on the platform exposing the new tiles. So they are trying to get that finished maybe by the Spring/Summer also.

Looks like the CTA is already relocating the #21 stops next week to serve the station.

#21 Cermak Bus Stop Relocations

Effective 7am, Fri, Feb 7

How does this affect my trip?

The eastbound #21 Cermak stops at the southwest corners of Cermak/State and Cermak/Wabash, and the westbound stop located at the northeast corner of Cermak/State will be relocated mid-block on Cermak between State and Wabash.

Board #21 Cermak buses in both directions in front of the new Cermak-McCormick Place (accessible) Green Line station.

Why is service being changed?

Bus stops are being relocated for the convenience of customers transferring between #21 Cermak buses and the Green Line at the new Cermak-McCormick Place station.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the CTA is already relocating the #21 stops next week to serve the station.

The eastbound #21 Cermak stops at the southwest corners of Cermak/State and Cermak/Wabash, and the westbound stop located at the northeast corner of Cermak/State will be relocated mid-block on Cermak between State and Wabash.

Board #21 Cermak buses in both directions in front of the new Cermak-McCormick Place (accessible) Green Line station.

Bus stops are being relocated for the convenience of customers transferring between #21 Cermak buses and the Green Line at the new Cermak-McCormick Place station.

It's in the Weekday Changes, but there's no customer alert for it. And "Fri, Feb 7" is incorrect; it's supposed to say either "Fri, Feb 6" or "Sat, Feb 7".

It's in the Weekday Changes, but there's no customer alert for it. And "Fri, Feb 7" is incorrect; it's supposed to say either "Fri, Feb 6" or "Sat, Feb 7".

The date is incorrect, but the notice is not posted on the CTA website yet.The alert is posted to customers that have enrolled for the "CTA Alerts" through their emails.

And now we got this alert on the CTA website