Train Movement in terminals

Railwaymodeler

Kenosha doesn't. We have a roof over the platform, but very little else.

I don't think I mentioned it, but there's a reason this whole thing is such a concern to me. I have degenerative disc in my back, and also a herniated disc. Plus arthritis in my left knee, and a bad right shoulder.

Especially with winter, I fear slipping and falling, and am afraid that train might move as I am getting on. As bad as my joints are, I am afraid I could be seriously injured, like if I fall, which I have personally seen happen to another passenger, could I end up with an even worse back problem, or paralyzed? I don't want to find out the hard way. If I were healthy, I'd probably not think much about the train moving.

Sorry to hear about your health problems, Railwaymodeler. :( I hope your future travels are safe, especially with those slippery platforms.

I ride the Union Pacific Northwest Line inbound instead of outbound now. I board from Crystal Lake and get off at Ogilvie. Crystal Lake has two shelters with heat lamps on the inbound side, and a waiting room on the outbound platform. When I used to take the train out, the waiting room was nice, and you could get a coffee or something while you waited (I waited inside to be picked up by car). The outbound platform shelters aren't nearly as nice. The heat lamps only do so much, and when the wind picks up you might as well stand outside. You could still wait in the waiting room, but you risk missing your train because it blocks the only walkway to the inbound platform. Running at the last second could mean slipping or getting your foot caught in the crosswalk.