BusHunter

95th Red Line Station Rebuild

129 posts in this topic

The Red line 95th St. modernization project is documented every month at the CTA Board Meeting. The proceedings are shown on YouTube which is available to all. 99 percent of people are un-interested in the day-to-day developments....they are more interested in.."when will it be finished?" Status reports are all given for Wilson, Medical Center, 95th St., the Brown signal improvement, and the Quincy improvement.    

DH

On 7/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, BusHunter said:

Damn was driving down the Ryan the other day and noticed that they installed a new bus bridge south of 95th. Where is our south side news crew? You all need to represent!! xD Unfortunately I forgot my GoPro at the store!! xD Now I have to scramble the net and see if CTA posted something on Facebook. If they didn't shame on them. It's only a $200 million dollar station. (I kid because I care)

On 7/5/2017 at 7:11 PM, Juniorz said:

I'm sure they are documenting the project, at least someone in the infrastructure department,.

Sorry guys but my new job has been taking up a toll as of lately and I'm in the process of getting a camera soon because of storage conflict with my phone. 

18 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Sorry guys but my new job has been taking up a toll as of lately and I'm in the process of getting a camera soon because of storage conflict with my phone. 

That's OK, i was just joking. I try to give 110 percent of myself, that's just my personality. i can barely squeeze in these weekly visits to Wilson/Red line, but I get the job done mainly fueled by my passion on this subject. I've recently got unlimited access to the net, so maybe it makes it that much easier to get the goodies online.

My concern was more that CTA is not doing this, so far. Isn't there like a propaganda dept, where they showcase stuff like this? It's weird they showcase equipment like the Community bus, Pride train, Vintage vehicle fleet, but they don't showcase the stations. Not even anything much on Chicago-l.org. Hmm... this makes me wonder. It's nice though the feedback I've been getting on Youtube. At least I feel like I'm not doing this for nothing, even though I'm getting something out of it.

12 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

My concern was more that CTA is not doing this, so far. Isn't there like a propaganda dept, where they showcase stuff like this? It's weird they showcase equipment like the Community bus, Pride train, Vintage vehicle fleet, but they don't showcase the stations.

There is the Monthly Construction Report, and the June one  has some pictures. However, all the average passenger cares about is that it is not open yet and midday train service is only alternating trains. You can bet that Mayor Emanuel will be there when it opens.