BusHunter

95th Red Line Station Rebuild

5 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Northbound platform is back to its regular scheduling program!

IMG_0585.JPG

So is it the SB track's turn?  How much longer  before normal ops resume at 95th?

The other day I rode a SB pm rush Red Line train destined for Ashland/63rd.  I got off at Cermak McCormick.  The train didn't  have enough people  to fill one car.  Funny thing was that, even though the destination  sign read Ashland/63rd, and the operator announced along with Mr CTA  that the train was  going to Ashland/63rd, there still passengers shocked when we approached  Cermak.  Fortunately  they were only going to  35th so they wee  o.k.   I guess there are very few if any transfers from Red Line trains from Howard to south side Green Line trains.   Thoug5 I like the supplement service,  people are  too entrenched in  their travel  ways for this to work outside of the  95th rebuild 

12 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Thoug5 I like the supplement service,  people are  too entrenched in  their travel  ways for this to work outside of the  95th rebuild 

Only reason CTA is doing it is because access to the 98th Yard is restricted, not that there is a sudden demand to go to Ray's Music Exchange, or even Whole Foods. These were essentially deadheads to begin with.

21 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Only reason CTA is doing it is because access to the 98th Yard is restricted, not that there is a sudden demand to go to Ray's Music Exchange, or even Whole Foods. These were essentially deadheads to begin with.

I understand that.   My point is  that  when  a viable alternative  is presented  at a given time,  most riders do NOT take advantage of it.  For example,  I m sure there were plenty of riders that could've  taken the Ashland  Red Line  trains which stop at 35th, 47th and Garfield, but chose to wait  for the next 96th train.