95th Red Line Station Rebuild

BusHunter

1 hour ago, cta5658 said:

Ok, today I went to check out the progress of the south terminal at 95th and I see that the N5, N9, 29, 34, 95, 108, 111, 112, 115, 119 will be at the south terminal from what I've seen and the North Terminal might have the 100, 103 and 106 when it's all said and done.

P3310373.JPG

P3310375.JPG

P3310378.JPG

P3310379.JPG

P3310380.JPG

P3310388.JPG

I think the North Terminal having very few routes may be related to reconstruction of that terminal.  Also you didn't  include where Pace routes would be, though I believe  the 352  will share with 108 and the 381 and 395 will share with 95.  That still  leaves the 353 and 359 which could also wind up in the North Terminal. After the North Terminal construction is complete,  we should see a more even distribution of  routes for both sides.

Update;  I see the N9 sharing with the 381.

• Upvote 1

From: https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/alert-detail/?AlertId=48053

Service Change

Saturday, April 14, 2018
10:00 PM to TBD

The new 95th/Dan Ryan station South Terminal, on the south side of 95th Street, will open. Board and exit all buses and trains in the new South Terminal. The original 95th/Dan Ryan station will close at the same time, and no longer be accessible for customer use.

Red Line trains will stop on a new platform under the new South Terminal building. Elevator access, in addition to stairs, is provided between the train platform and street-level concourse.

Stop locations for all CTA and Pace buses will change. Most routes will be in the new off-street bus terminal surrounding the new station, but a few routes will board on 95th or State streets. See map at right and list below for new bus stop locations.

Why is service being changed? 
Bus and train service is changing due to the opening of the new 95th/Dan Ryan South Terminal, the first of two brand new terminals and the halfway point of the construction of a new, modern 95th/Dan Ryan Terminal.

Edit: Cannot find the map named in the above

14 minutes ago, jtrosario said:

Edit: Cannot find the map named in the above

I didn't see it on that page, either.

The question raised by that alert, is that since the north station is closed during the next stage of construction, how permanent the bus stop assignments @cta5658 saw are. The letters in the table at the bottom of the alert correspond with some of those signs in his pictures (such as P:N5, 108, 352), but I assume those are the kind of signs that can be quickly changed.

Bus stop List for 95th South terminal:

Bus Route                                                 Stop(s)

N5 South Shore Night Bus                        (P) (Q)

N9 Ashland (owl service)                          (U)

29 State                                                    (Y) (Z)

34 South Michigan                                   (U) (V) (W)

95 95th eastbound                                   (A1)

95 95th westbound                                  (R)

100 Jeffery Manor Express                     (A2)

103 West 103rd                                       (A2)

106 East 103rd                                        (A2)

108 Halsted/95th                                     (P) (Q)

111 111th/King Drive                               (S)

112 Vincennes/111th                              (X)

115 Pullman/115th                                  (T)

119 Michigan/119th                                 (U) (V) (W)

352 Halsted                                            (P) (Q)

353 95th-River Oaks-Homewood          (A3)

359 Robbins/South Kedzie Ave             (A3)

381 95th                                                (A3)

395 UPS Hodgkins                               (A3)

772 Brookfield Zoo Express                 (P) (Q)

Greyhound                                           (A4)

Above also from: https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/alert-detail/?AlertId=48053

Edit: I don't know if I didn't see this before, or if the list was added later. Guess we'll find out if the map shows up on this alert.

2nd Edit: a) Sent in an email request to repair the map, b) the map is there now - don't know if that was related or just a timing issue

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jtrosario said:

Here's the map:

It suddenly appeared.

The map makes it clear that the As are temporary on-street stops, but since the terminal starts with O, A through N eventually will be in the north terminal.

The map also provides perspective to @cta5658's photos.

Mary Mitchell column on 95th and State Street just got a whole lot safer. Not in the sense I thought when I clicked, but less likely to be trampled on the escalator or run over by a bus, which is a valid point.

She also quotes Carter on the parking problem, his answer being that it will work itself out when the line is extended, which is not now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Between Tonight at 11:30 PM and Tomorrow Night at 11:30 PM, structural steel for the pedestrian bridge that will connect the North and South terminals at the 95th/Dan Ryan station.

Source: https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/alert-detail/?AlertId=53897

Service Change:
Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 11:30 PM to Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 11:30 PM

Description:
95th Street, and the off-street bus boarding areas on the east and south sides of the 95th/Dan Ryan station’s South Terminal, will be temporarily closed. Several bus stops will be temporarily relocated.

95th_South_Terminal_Bus_Stop_Relocation_

Temporary Bus Stop Locations:

N5 South Shore Night Bus E 95th St(B) 

N9 Ashland (owl service) South Terminal(Y)

29 State State St(A4)

34 South Michigan E 95th St(B)

95 95th eastbound W 95th St or State Street(A1) (A2)

95 95th westbound State St(A3)

103 West 103rd State St(A2)

106 East 103rd State St(A2)

111 111th/King Drive State St(A4)

112 Vincennes/111thSouth Terminal(X)

115 Pullman/115th State St(A4)

119 Michigan/119th E 95th St(B)

352 Halsted W 95th St(C)

353 95th-River Oaks-Homewood State St(A3)

359 Robbins/South Kedzie Ave W 95th St(C)

381 95th W 95th St(C)

Greyhound State St(A4)

Why is service being changed?
The bus stops are being temporarily relocated due to installation of structural steel for a pedestrian bridge connecting the North and South terminals at the 95th/Dan Ryan station. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, chgofan78 said:

Yesterday's board meeting mentioned an opening date for the north terminal for Sunday, December 30th, 2018.  Has anyone noticed any bulletins announcing this?

It is indeed opening up on the 30th. Before it opens, the operators will get a tour of the north side of the terminal so we'll know where the new bus stops for all the routes that will be on that side are located ?.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

CTA has released the bus stop relocations, as they open up the north terminal one week from today.

95th_North_Terminal_Opening_Service_Chan

And it looks like the #95 won't have to turn onto the terminals, as its bus stops will be on the west end of the 95th bridge, which makes total sense.

It also looks like there will only be one lane for loading/unloading, unlike the inner and outer loading areas of the old terminal.

18 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

CTA has released the bus stop relocations, as they open up the north terminal one week from today.

95th_North_Terminal_Opening_Service_Chan

And it looks like the #95 won't have to turn onto the terminals, as its bus stops will be on the west end of the 95th bridge, which makes total sense.

I'm somewhat surprised that some routes that seemed to have 'permanent' stops at the South Terminal moved, such as 34/119 to the North Terminal. But I guess that's what the prior alert implied. This also isn't permanent, as EFG are still under construction.

Anyway, you should have cited the alert, which is here.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I'm somewhat surprised that some routes that seemed to have 'permanent' stops at the South Terminal moved, such as 34/119 to the North Terminal. But I guess that's what the prior alert implied. This also isn't permanent, as EFG are still under construction.

Anyway, you should have cited the alert, which is here.

Interesting that there are no alerts ( at least not yet) concerning Red Line Ashland/63 service.

18 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

Perhaps the Greyhound placement is temporary. The old stop was on the bus bridge of the north terminal, which will not be complete next week.

Right, forgot about that. While I admittedly don't know the logistics behind all the placements, it would honestly be better for GHo to stop at L or N. Better to take 95th & Halsted to 57 than backtrack to 87th or that terrible 95th, Michigan, 99th Pl, State maneuver, which still ended up backtracking.