METRA Locomotive Wish List

buslist

On 3/3/2019 at 4:06 PM, trainman8119 said:

As I remember, when the MP36s came in, the UP told Metra they didn't want them, period. It wasn't bridges but they were

too big and heavy for the coach yards. Now this stuff they are getting again, there will be issues. For example, they won't be

allowed in Antioch because 6 axle locomotives are not allowed in the Antioch coach yard. So, my guess is the bean counters

ordered the stuff without seeing where or how they can be used. Once the FP59s are in service, the UP is supposed to get 

any remaining running F40s will be sent there, and the rest will be scrap. BTW, 215 is being cannibalized and will soon be headed

for the scrapper.

Interesting indeed.... so in a sense the partner rail line are halting the over all refresh of new engine over the system, due to requirements etc. So the new freight loco's more than likely would go to  Metra ran lines, and would BNSF be able to host 6axles in its yard?

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, richii0909 said:

Metra f59phi #89 fresh out the shop

9180F446-A2BE-4781-8AFF-F32B6FE2A055.png

So much for them having the full paint scheme. Looks like none of the f59phi's will be getting the full paint. (Eventually they will of course just not this year it looks like)

On 4/8/2019 at 9:50 PM, John7 said:

So much for them having the full paint scheme. Looks like none of the f59phi's will be getting the full paint. (Eventually they will of course just not this year it looks like)

Now it can go back to Western Ave and sit idling for 2 months.

As for the paint, its Metra Logic. Why do something right once when you can waste a little money and do it bad twice ???

16 hours ago, trainman8119 said:

Now it can go back to Western Ave and sit idling for 2 months.

As for the paint, its Metra Logic. Why do something right once when you can waste a little money and do it bad twice ???

I was just thinking that these f59phi will never have the full real paint job. They express paint them to get them in service and I can’t see pulling them out of service to repaint them again, but maybe I’m wrong. Yeah what’s the deal with the repainted sitting at western?

2 hours ago, richii0909 said:

I was just thinking that these f59phi will never have the full real paint job. They express paint them to get them in service and I can’t see pulling them out of service to repaint them again, but maybe I’m wrong. Yeah what’s the deal with the repainted sitting at western?

Waiting for "testing"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Was thinking as the Milwaukee north Metra train passed and was decked out in a orange milwaukee road livery. Why don't they make one livery engine that is retro to that line like a cnw or a bnsf. We do have a rock island. i think that would be cool.

As was mentioned before, BNSF and UP own their predecessors’ trade dress and probably wouldn’t approve, as their business is hauling freight and they’d prefer not to be involved in commuter operations.

If the ex-BN E9 that was stored in Bensenville hasn’t been scrapped or sold yet, Metra should buy it and put it in front of a BNSF train just for show. (Not a serious suggestion, if that wasn’t obvious).