BusHunter

Your New Blue - O'Hare Branch Rehab

Whoa Belmont blue is getting the concrete platform. Probably due to that station getting a non elevator rehab. 

On 8/20/2018 at 5:44 PM, BusHunter said:

Whoa Belmont blue is getting the concrete platform. Probably due to that station getting a non elevator rehab. 

To @BusHunter, perhaps you may want to check in on the surface at Belmont Blue?
There is construction occurring on the southeast corner of Belmont and Kimball to the extent that [i]I believe[/i] the Authority is putting in an elevator. The chamber will be where the former vent was: [i]North[/i] of the station stair and escalator exit.

FINALLY!!!  Pigheaded CTA manage,ent putting some attention on the long very long neglected Blue Line!  3200s are now finally in service on the Blue!  It Only took the CTA 34 years to update the line!   

35 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

FINALLY!!!  Pigheaded CTA management putting some attention on the long very long neglected Blue Line!  3200s are now finally in service on the Blue!  It Only took the CTA 34 years to update the line!   

If the CTA had any people with common sense, the 5000s would've been assigned to the Orange & Blue Lines, because with those wretched sideways seats, they were perfect for all the people with luggage!

12 hours ago, strictures said:

If the CTA had any people with common sense, the 5000s would've been assigned to the Orange & Blue Lines, because with those wretched sideways seats, they were perfect for all the people with luggage!

Can put too many 5000s without upgrading power to blue

13 hours ago, strictures said:

I totally agree with you!  Pigheaded management!  Unfortunately CTA has a history of placing too much of its attention and resources on the Red and Green lines. The Blue Line if you ride it has been falling apart for decades. They haven’t had a railcar replacement since the early 1980s. I can still remember the day the line opened up to OHare airport. Sept 3, 1984!  Using brand new 2600 series cars. Those very same cars are still on the line while the rest of the system has been upgraded and re equipped with newer cars.  IMO, CTA Has badly neglected the Blue line for some reason for too many years. The Jefferson Park, Harlem and Rosemont stations are rust covered dirty and outdated. CTA should be equally placing all its resources in all areas of the city, not just on a few areas. Shame on CTA for the way it practices equal Transit service that benefits everyone!  ! 

On 9/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, strictures said:

Totally agree!  I personally don’t mind the seating arrange,ent on the 5000s. I just like to see newer equipment for a change. The 3200s I’ve always loved. So I’m satisfied with the 3200s movement. But CTA could always do better!!!

On 9/18/2018 at 10:07 AM, Sam92 said:

Can put too many 5000s without upgrading power to blue

They had to build an additional substation at Farwell & Glenwood in Rogers Park to upgrade power on the Red Line a few years ago.                      So why haven't they upgrade power on the Blue?   Money or the most likely answer for the CTA, abject incompetence!

Just now, strictures said:

So why haven't they upgrade power on the Blue?

Again, you missed the article that upgrading the substation at 1000 N. Milwaukee is in progress.Go look at CTA construction reports.

51 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Again, you missed the article that upgrading the substation at 1000 N. Milwaukee is in progress.Go look at CTA construction reports.

Link to the construction reports plz 

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Link to the construction reports plz 

Not from me. Again my policy is that you can navigate the CTA site.