New OTR Coaches

MetroShadow

...Yeah, I kinda find that very far fetched about the superstition of Pace excluding xx13 from busses beginning with the Orion VI's....

It began with the Orion Is in 1988 (8813) [see roster on Chicago Transit and Railfan, which hasn't been updated in about 3 years].

Going back, I wondered why there were news stories such as that Pace got 106 buses in 1992-3 (always to replace the "trouble prone" Flxible 870s) when it should have been 107.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw that exact bus earlier this week during evening rush along with several others, including 6901. I didn't think the early 6900s would still be on those routes.

The leased buses (6920-6925) appear off. The questions essentially are (1) whether the deliveries and processing of the 6950s are near done, and (2) what the intent for the Pace owned 6900-7 is, given art's contention that there is still some life in them, but Pace's announcement that they are to be replaced with the new ones. But buses never drop off the roster as fast as we think.

• 3 weeks later...