Jump to content
BusHunter

CTA Train ad wraps

Recommended Posts

5171 and 5172 still have the wrap so it was removed on 5163 and 5164 only. Some cars on green no longer have GoPuff while others do.

No longer has wrap: 5095 5096 5107 5108 5041 5042 5159 5160

Still has wrap: 5013 5014 5091 5092 5189 5190
I didn’t see these cars for the last few weeks that had the wrap: 5033 5034

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple more wrap info: I noticed there is a trend where some cars on the Green Line kept the wrap and others have it removed. This is not the case with the Crown Royal cars, but is a case with the GoPuff (as stated above), Mountain Dew, and the LG wraps. 5043 5044 5063 5064 still have Mtn. Dew but 5093 5094 no longer have it. Both of the trains with the green wraps still have them, and 5017 no longer has the LG wrap but 5083-4 still have it. 5149 and 5145 still have the old Vodka wrap, while 5194 has the new wrap. 3397 and 3398 have a Chicago colored wrap which is in the photo posted in this link. Crown Royal has been taking over Green and Pink for more than 18 months.

bandicam 2020-07-14 18-50-02-479.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Better than the blue on the 5000s from 5269 upward

Not even close to being correct.... that one rare time you actually ride the system and this is what you say.  There's nothing pleasant about that shade of Blue.  You wanna make 'L' cars look like some emo teen's bedroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Not even close to being correct.... that one rare time you actually ride the system and this is what you say.  There's nothing pleasant about that shade of Blue.  You wanna make 'L' cars look like some emo teen's bedroom.

I ride the dreary system frequently.  You have to admit its dated.  We agree to disagree.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

So is that color you want on the 7000s.  

I would prefer that over what we have now.  I think white or gray would be better.   The wrap on 2970 was an improvement over what it was before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I would prefer that over what we have now.  I think white or gray would be better.   The wrap on 2970 was an improvement over what it was before.

At least I can live at peace knowing anything said on these forums will not change the interior color of the 7000s with a disgusting shade of Blue that looks like a messy kid's room.  At least explain what's wrong with the Blue/gray interior on the 5000s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see parts of it have been picked away already...The wrap color is just WAY too harsh/jarring for an entire interior color fitting. It should just stay as a ad wrap. Though I also don’t care for that light blue on the later 5000s. If anything I would have applied the colors from the New Tech Trains on the NYC subway to the 5 and 7000s.

For our older trains I personally like the beige because it’s been around for so long and I’m just used to it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I see parts of it have been picked away already...The wrap color is just WAY too harsh/jarring for an entire interior color fitting. It should just stay as a ad wrap. Though I also don’t care for that light blue on the later 5000s. If anything I would have applied the colors from the New Tech Trains on the NYC subway to the 5 and 7000s.

For our older trains I personally like the beige because it’s been around for so long and I’m just used to it.

I agree with you on all points. That deep blue is way too much and I am not a fan of the "Sears Restroom" shade of blue used on some of the 5000's. I'd vote for the interior used on the buses or something similar to the original 2200 light grey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw two 5000 Series cars with the Crown Royal wrap while heading home. The train run number is 615 heading towards Harlem/Lake due to I couldn't see the car numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ajay said:

I just saw two 5000 Series cars with the Crown Royal wrap while heading home. The train run number is 615 heading towards Harlem/Lake due to I couldn't see the car numbers. 

5115 5116 and 5121 5122 are in Crown Royal on the Green Line. 5151 5152 were wrapped but the wrap has been taken off those cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, geneking7320 said:

Has CTA ever used wraps designed to get expressway drivers out of their cars and onto the 'L' ?

Generally speaking,  wraps are for ads for CTA to raise money.  I suppose CTA could use wraps to advertise but with the Red and Blue Lines running in the medians of expressways, I would think that would be advertising enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...