Sign in to follow this  
Busjack

Random Pace

I noticed that buses that go to NWTC are now displaying:

"SCHAUMBURG/"

"NORTHWEST TC"

rather than just "SCHAUMBURG". I seen this on routes 606 and 208. 208 no longer displays "WESTBOUND" but the opposite side still does.

There was a #330 that got stuck in the o'hare  remote lot that I was asked to help guide the bus with a tight turn. The operator instead of turning right away went all the way to the end and discovered double parked cars blocking her way. I didn't think she'd make the turn and she soon discovered that too. I tried to tell her she could back up into an unobstructed lane but she instead went right she eventually got herself straightened out but I walked to the people mover and was on it when she did cause who knows how long it would take her to discover the solution to her problem. I guess the operator was new. She was going slow on mannheim at least that's the vibe I got 

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Passenger Notice that some South routes will get service on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Anything significant about that?

Growing popularity would be my guess on these routes.  

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Passenger Notice that some South routes will get service on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Anything significant about that?

Union contract changes allowing more operators to work those days?

15 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Union contract changes allowing more operators to work those days?

Obviously Pace needs that, but the drivers probably get something like 2-1/4 time pay so that probably isn't the issue. As with everything else, Pace wouldn't do it unless there is a perceived demand.

It gets down to that Pace has certain routes that run Sunday and Holiday schedules, but only a subset of those that run Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not sure of the rationale.