Random Pace

Busjack

10 hours ago, mel bernero said:

Pace has wrapped 6963 for Ankin Law

Pace_6963_Harrison-Jefferson.JPG

That's bizarre, but must be a similar theory to all the billboards for personal injury lawyers on I-80/94 in Gary. There's going to be a wreck on the expressway, eventually.

Also shows that Pace is more willing to take the money than promote the service,but since they say it is at capacity,maybe to be expected.

2 minutes ago, Busjack said:

That's bizarre, but must be a similar theory to all the billboards for personal injury lawyers on I-80/94 in Gary. There's going to be a wreck on the expressway, eventually.

Also shows that Pace is more willing to take the money than promote the service,but since they say it is at capacity,maybe to be expected.

Safe to assume the  bumper and/or rear of the bus still has Bus On Shoulder or Pace  Express signage in compliance with Illinois law?

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Safe to assume the  bumper and/or rear of the bus still has Bus On Shoulder or Pace  Express signage in compliance with Illinois law?

The legal issue has always been the Authorized to Use the Shoulder, which is on this bus. I'm still not sure how Pace basically got around that on the Edens.

Maybe this bus can run someone over and give Howard an instant client. That's how his stick figure commercials used to work.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

The legal issue has always been the Authorized to Use the Shoulder, which is on this bus. I'm still not sure how Pace basically got around that on the Edens.

Could the rules have been adjusted in the past 7 yrs to only requiring the bumper authorization?   the 194 and 190 buses seem to only need the bumper.  The coaches might be more related to marketing

14 hours ago, west towns said:

Could the rules have been adjusted in the past 7 yrs to only requiring the bumper authorization?   the 194 and 190 buses seem to only need the bumper.  The coaches might be more related to marketing

The marketing was the PACE EXPRESS. That, would, of course indicate that Pace is not marketing Edens* except for 6729, which I bet was at the unveiling event.

Given the possibility that rules may be different on different expressways,** I don't think Howard Ankin has any interest in marketing AUTHORIZED TO OPERATE ON THE SHOULDER, which is all over this bus.

**Despite your post in another topic, I don't think people are walking to work from Skokie to Northbrook, Deerfield, or Buffalo Road, and work is the main destination for 620 and 626.

**For instance, the Edens has road signs all over the place, while i-55 only has a few.

2 hours ago, west towns said:

Im not saying the lawyer is marketing BOS  pace is marketing it

My comment wasn't directly that Ankin was promoting BOS, but that he had nothing to do with the AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SHOULDER legends on the front and side of the bus; what did was whatever operating requirement still applies on I-55.

The promotional aspect is that this bus says Ankin, not Pace Express.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, MetroShadow said:

I know our (why do I say that even though I left Pace three years ago?) Orions are gone, LA's are still going...and catching fire.

Yeah they aren't the best buses in the world, but when you look at the mileage these buses take in, its staggering. Ultimately if they want to play the blame game it goes down to the FTA for allowing the buses to run without replacement the TA is just doing its job with what it has. All the TA can do is run them as little as possible and try to manage as best they can. Nice story though. Lots of TAs have the same issues and graveyards but I was really surprised cali has any diesels at all.

On 11/3/2018 at 5:39 AM, BusHunter said:

Yeah they aren't the best buses in the world, but when you look at the mileage these buses take in, its staggering. Ultimately if they want to play the blame game it goes down to the FTA for allowing the buses to run without replacement the TA is just doing its job with what it has. All the TA can do is run them as little as possible and try to manage as best they can. Nice story though. Lots of TAs have the same issues and graveyards but I was really surprised cali has any diesels at all.

When I was in LA, I rode one on the 205 out of the Blue Line to Carson. It actually was stable enough that it could stick around a little longer...

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

As I understand, there are 21 or 22 MCI buses. Are these used exclusively for the Stevenson services? If so, what buses run on southwest expressway routes such as 757, 887, 888 & 895? Also, what division(s) are the last four routes based out of?

The 757 runs out of West with regular transit buses.  The 877 and 888 run out of South with the CNG transits

Once upon a time those two routes had MCIs and then some Eldorado Axxess Express suburban transits. Route 895 runs out of Southwest.  Initially that route ran cutaways, then upgraded to the EZ Riders.  I don't know if they have since upgraded to the 40ft buses.

All of the MCIs are on the Stevenson Express routes and operate out of Heritage in Joliet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Route 895 runs out of Southwest.  Initially that route ran cutaways, then upgraded to the EZ Riders.  I don't know if they have since upgraded to the 40ft buses.

There have been a few reported sightings of 40ft buses on 895, but the route is still almost always run with EZ Riders.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2019 at 4:00 PM, artthouwill said:

The 757 runs out of West with regular transit buses.  The 877 and 888 run out of South with the CNG transits

Once upon a time those two routes had MCIs and then some Eldorado Axxess Express suburban transits. Route 895 runs out of Southwest.  Initially that route ran cutaways, then upgraded to the EZ Riders.  I don't know if they have since upgraded to the 40ft buses.

All of the MCIs are on the Stevenson Express routes and operate out of Heritage in Joliet.

Working backwards:

- The 6900's are out of Heritage and on the 750's/850's, save a Eldorado BRT
- The 757's run transits. At some point the 2390's (when out of West) ran on the I-290 services, but since has been transits.
- The 835 (out of Southwest) ran with 2390's, but we should check with webwatch to see if they've moved from the small El Dorkos (at one point, they did have the  1950 series cutaways).

- Did the 877/888 routes move to CNG's, and they're not suburbans?

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I am on WebWatch and there is this vehicle numbered 9622. It could just be 6322 just trying to play with the tracker, an actual random vehicle, or something else I don't know.

bandicam 2019-01-31 07-37-08-501.jpg

That could be any bus.  Someone would have to track it and spot it to see what bus it actually is.  Sometimes when operators enter their information,  a glitch gives the wrong bus number.  Maybe 9622 is the last 4 digits of that vehicle's VIN.

16 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

That could be any bus.  Someone would have to track it and spot it to see what bus it actually is.  Sometimes when operators enter their information,  a glitch gives the wrong bus number.  Maybe 9622 is the last 4 digits of that vehicle's VIN.

Some of the vans that supervisors drive are numbered in the 9000s. A similar situation was reported on here a few years ago and that was said to be one of the possibilities. With the extreme cold today, it’s plausible the supervisor might give rides if a service interruption occurred.

4 hours ago, west towns said:

i saw a pace notice vans were operating 2 trips on 856 to toyota park yesterday

I must have missed that one. Metra had an announcement that there would be two Pace buses leaving downtown at 4:30 PM due to the Electric District shutdown. Maybe this explains how they were able to get two buses available during rush hour.

There was an email at 8:30 this morning that Pace had "weather-related delays, especially on Routes 307, 308, 318, 322, 331 and 608".