Random Pace

Busjack

What to do about the 832 not running on weekends:

ORLAND PARK: [A man from] Country Club Hills was arrested and accused of reckless conduct March 10 at 159th Street and Wolf Road, after an officer spotted him riding on the flatbed trailer of an eastbound semi-tractor, police said. [The man] said he was trying to catch a bus at 159th Street and 94th Avenue - a little more than two miles away, police said.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2019 at 8:32 AM, chicagocubs6323 said:

*In order to catch 330 one has to take the Blue Line to O'Hare, take the shuttle bus from Terminal 2 to the E Lot Kiss-n-Fly and from there wait for the 330.

You can do this. I did this in order to get to the Blue Nose Brwy. in Hodgkins with only two transfers.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Not discrimination.  Before Pace became a reality, each garage was its own company with different unions, rates of pay, etc.  Though now under the Pace umbrella,  each garage still has its own rate of pay, union representation, etc.  There's even one garage with no union.

(Moved out of CTA 7900s topic)

Which garage has no union? North?

On 7/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, artthouwill said:

When NS opened it was non union.  Are you saying that this has changed?

I am surprised Pace would get away with taking work away from a union. If NS were contract operated yes, but NS is Pace operated, isn't it? When 215 and 213 were moved there, I would think 1028 would have made bitch about this.

1 hour ago, andrethebusman said:

I am surprised Pace would get away with taking work away from a union. If NS were contract operated yes, but NS is Pace operated, isn't it? When 215 and 213 were moved there, I would think 1028 would have made bitch about this.

Maybe those moves were offset by the expansion and movements of 606 to NW.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Does anyone know why the 331 doesn't serve Forest Park and the southern portion south of Madison or Roosevelt isn't covered by another route? Are there consistent transfers to/from Metra at Maywood & Brookfield I'm just unaware of?

I don't know why, but I think 310 and 317 and 320 do some of the portions that you are talking about.

On 9/28/2019 at 2:50 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Does anyone know why the 331 doesn't serve Forest Park and the southern portion south of Madison or Roosevelt isn't covered by another route? Are there consistent transfers to/from Metra at Maywood & Brookfield I'm just unaware of?

Actually the 308 and 331 both serve Loyola Medical Center and Hines VA.  The 308 serves Forest Park CTA.  South of there, the 322 serves the Pink Line.   Most people south of there use the Metra  BNSF.   As has been stated by others, the 301 (Roosevelt), 303, 310, 317, and 320 (Madison) all serve the Forest Park Terminal.   The 309 and 313 serves the Green Line,  and the 318 serves both the Green Line at Harlem and the Blue Line at Forest Park. 

17 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Actually the 308 and 331 both serve Loyola Medical Center and Hines VA.  The 308 serves Forest Park CTA.  South of there, the 322 serves the Pink Line.   Most people south of there use the Metra  BNSF.   As has been stated by others, the 301 (Roosevelt), 303, 310, 317, and 320 (Madison) all serve the Forest Park Terminal.   The 309 and 313 serves the Green Line,  and the 318 serves both the Green Line at Harlem and the Blue Line at Forest Park. 

I'm aware of the service in the area, on a map level. I guess what my actual question was, why isn't the 331 two separate routes: split in pairs at 5th & Roosevelt? And was this because of established riding patterns I was unaware of (such as consistent transfers to/from Metra, riders who need Hines/Loyola, so on & so forth)? I was just wondering why I route that long didn't have a direct CTA connection on it's southern end.