Random Pace

Busjack

They also have to buy buses for Pulse and the I-90 project is going to be complete by years end, so they have a good 50-60 buses they need to purchase there. Pace is a smaller agency and doesn't seem to have the budget to buy more than 60-90 buses a year and the CNG's are more expensive, so it may be a slow climb. It all depends how they budget, if 2017 is slated for the 71 CNG's they may have to wait, but you would think that 60 Pulse buses and I-90 would be off this years budget. They might be able to just make it but they need both 2016 and 2017 budgets to do it. I guess places like SW get NABI's until 2018 at least and north might not be until 2019.

2 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

They also have to buy buses for Pulse and the I-90 project is going to be complete by years end, so they have a good 50-60 buses they need to purchase there. Pace is a smaller agency and doesn't seem to have the budget to buy more than 60-90 buses a year and the CNG's are more expensive, so it may be a slow climb. It all depends how they budget, if 2017 is slated for the 71 CNG's they may have to wait, but you would think that 60 Pulse buses and I-90 would be off this years budget. They might be able to just make it but they need both 2016 and 2017 budgets to do it. I guess places like SW get NABI's until 2018 at least and north might not be until 2019.

Again, I don't see where  you get your numbers. The Milwaukee Pulse is 10 buses. We don't know how ape Pace is going to go with the I-90 implementation in 2017. However, it is also pretty clear that Pulse and I-90 are CMAQ funds, so again the appropriation is separate.

49 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Again, I don't see where  you get your numbers. The Milwaukee Pulse is 10 buses. We don't know how ape Pace is going to go with the I-90 implementation in 2017. However, it is also pretty clear that Pulse and I-90 are CMAQ funds, so again the appropriation is separate.

It was announced in the Daily Herald I believe that the Dundee garage for I-90 will house 42 buses for I-90 expansion. Pulse I believe was 11 buses.

14 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It was announced in the Daily Herald I believe that the Dundee garage for I-90 will house 42 buses for I-90 expansion. Pulse I believe was 11 buses.

Doesn't mean that Pace will get 40 additional buses. NW is overcrowded now.

The point here is that Dundee garage will be handling I-90, and possibly NW will lose some buses because they won't be doing 600, 606, 616. NW will be doing Pulse, but it will most likely just be replacing the original service with a few more buses. There's got to be a reason why they kept 25 Orions at NW. I think this is what they intend for them to lose between Pulse and I-90. Pulse replacing most #270's and Dundee replacing all I-90 service.

On 1/30/2016 at 4:06 AM, mel bernero said:

I have a friend that attended the last Pace Million Mile event and he told me that the 20 CNG ElDorado buses that Pace has at the moment may be it for a while until Pace receives money from the state to pay for more.

And if true about waiting for money from the state, it may really be a good long while given we're about two thirds of the way into fiscal year 2016, and the State of Illinois has yet to get out a budget. It's crazy because this is about the time that our glorious state government including our governor whose finger pointing has grown tiring by now, usually would start thinking of some initial items to negotiate going into a budget for fiscal 2017. 

10 hours ago, Busjack said:

I explained above it isn't true, so again why the bashing?

Who's bashing? It takes both governor and legislature to get a budget into actual law. Legislature passes, he signs or vetoes. Neither side is doing it's job, so in this eight  month of no budget both sides take the heat the on this. His job doesn't end at "proposing" a budget. You want something you can sign you roll up your freaking sleaves and negotiate some common ground that they will vote for and he will sign. He doesn't get license to think he sits back twiddle his thumbs hoping the public stays mad at the legislature alone because nothing is being done. He wanted to be part of the government too, so sit down and govern and STOP campaigning.

11 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Who's bashing? It takes both governor and legislature to get a budget into actual law. Legislature passes, he signs or vetoes. Neither side is doing it's job, so in this eight  month of no budget both sides take the heat the on this. His job doesn't end at "proposing" a budget. You want something you can sign you roll up your freaking sleaves and negotiate some common ground that they will vote for and he will sign. He doesn't get license to think he sits back twiddle his thumbs hoping the public stays mad at the legislature alone because nothing is being done. He wanted to be part of the government too, so sit down and govern and STOP campaigning.

But that's all irrelevant to the subject of this topic, Go create a new topic if you think social services or college funding is a subject that should be discussed on a Chicago transit forum.

24 minutes ago, Busjack said:

But that's all irrelevant to the subject of this topic, Go create a new topic if you think social services or college funding is a subject that should be discussed on a Chicago transit forum.

First of all did u even see me bring any of those up? 9_9xD You carried this off topic swiping at me about "bashing" the governor when my point was one of agreement that Pace shouldn't look for any kind of funding of CNGs from the state with the current state political climate if it didn't have those funds from the state already. That part of it is on topic as far as getting further beyond the current 20 buses is concerned. So I'm done with this beyond that. How about you do a PM next time if you're concerned now about being on topic.

So I never rode on a PS only route, but I heard Route 270's talking bus when the door opens and I thought this was pretty weird.

The way it was announced was:

Mr. Pace: Route 270

Ms. Pace: Southbound to

Mr. Pace: Jefferson Park

Ms. Pace: CTA Station

Is that how other PS only routes sound like?

46 minutes ago, Dawnlight said:

So I never rode on a PS only route, but I heard Route 270's talking bus when the door opens and I thought this was pretty weird.

The way it was announced was:

Mr. Pace: Route 270

Ms. Pace: Southbound to

Mr. Pace: Jefferson Park

Ms. Pace: CTA Station

Is that how other PS only routes sound like?

The switching between male and female voices wouldn't have anything to do with Posted Stops, probably just an anomaly. I don't know of any other examples of it, but I can say other PS routes I've been on don't have a voice change.

On 2/4/2016 at 10:26 AM, Pace831 said:

The switching between male and female voices wouldn't have anything to do with Posted Stops, probably just an anomaly. I don't know of any other examples of it, but I can say other PS routes I've been on don't have a voice change.

Mr. Pace is for the posted stops and for some splicing of the announcements onboard.

13 hours ago, garmon757 said:

I thought this was f'ing cool. You can send custom and listed texts and make phone calls including 911. I was on #2747 (#834) when I took this shot. 

image.jpeg

Seems to be a combination of the new MDT and Starcom radio system. Trapeze literature.

Also has navigation, which is something one would think buses would have by now.

On 2/2/2016 at 11:14 AM, Busjack said:

But it is demonstrated that those funds were appropriated in the Quinn administration. So your hypothetical is meaningless.

I may have been part of the conversation at the time but wasn't my hypothetical.

18 hours ago, garmon757 said:

I thought this was f'ing cool. You can send custom and listed texts and make phone calls including 911. I was on #2747 (#834) when I took this shot. 

image.jpeg

Is this on other Pace models, or has this only been seen on the 30 foot Eldos so far?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

By the way , they put up bus stop signs for the new "Z" trips. I don't know of any others like them:

I hadn't seen a Z trip one.

There were (may still be signs) at Dundee and Wolf Roads in Wheeling that rush hour trips stop on Wolf and other trips stop on Dundee. The stop on Harlem at Glenview Road generally says 422 ONLY (423 is further north), but if I remember correctly, it also has a reference to 423 school trips.

The Passenger Notice indicates recent routing changes to 504, sort of indicating that service via Zurich was being reduced, so maybe someone felt a need to convey that.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

The Passenger Notice indicates recent routing changes to 504, sort of indicating that service via Zurich was being reduced, so maybe someone felt a need to convey that.

That's what I think too because the schedule lists time points for Patterson/Woodruff (Z trips) and Laraway/Cashel (regular trips). The bus only goes to one of the two, so there isn't really a need for a "Z" footnote. I didn't understand why they did that until I saw the bus stop sign.

Other examples of unusual signs I have seen are "208 AM rush only" at Golf/I-290 E Frontage Rd and "507 Eastbound" at Plainfield/Larkin. There is also one that still says 501-502-505-507 even though 502 has been gone since 2008.