New Pace Paratransit Vehicles

rotjohns

As far as I can tell, all the buses and cars MV is using are MV-owned. SCR's are too. Is there still a third contractor? Have not seen CDT recently, but have seen "First transit" vans in city.

CDT Is still around I work for them

Yes indeed they are. Besides Bus fanatic30 verifying he works for them, I still hear a number of seniors, disabled paratransit riders with larger mobility challenges, and the caretakers for both of the above telling different stores' personnel that they have CDT coming to pick them up from their shopping as well as seen drivers identifying themselves as CDT go up to a store's customer service counter to ask that their arrival for specific clients be paged over that store's PA system.

I had an instance of both outside Golf Mill. 14093 was waiting outside the food court entrance. Then a bronze color 4700 series pulled up, and the rider transferred from the Pace to the presumably MV. The bronze one had a ----PT license plate instead of an M----- one, which indicates that it was privately owned.

Yes indeed they are. Besides Bus fanatic30 verifying he works for them, I still hear a number of seniors, disabled paratransit riders with larger mobility challenges, and the caretakers for both of the above telling different stores' personnel that they have CDT coming to pick them up from their shopping as well as seen drivers identifying themselves as CDT go up to a store's customer service counter to ask that their arrival for specific clients be paged over that store's PA system.

And they are hiring. I was at Peoria Meat Market on Lake street about a month ago and a guy was handing out flyers for them stating starting salaries and steps needed to pursue a driver job. Pay isn't the best, but it gets your foot in the door.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a ton down at South (or the South Suburbs) as of today.

The ones in the 14090s to about 14115 (no way to assure consecutively) are at the Glenview First Transit facility.

They seem to be coming in pretty quickly.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

They have numbers 11101-11110, recovery.gov stickers, and one a St. Charles-Geneva Call and Ride logo. In short they are the 10 hybrids received on the 2011 ARRA/IDOT grant:

post-14-0-35054000-1399150564_thumb.jpg post-14-0-25613100-1399150604_thumb.jpgpost-14-0-47742400-1399150644_thumb.jpg

Thus, if there is any inference, they are leaving rather than arriving, and Pace is not as green as they claimed. ...

​The awarded contracts page has:

414141Sale of Surplus Equipment (vehicles, etc.)IFBThe Sale of Six (6) Used 23 Foot Hybrid Vehicles

Opened, not yet Awarded

Update: I was still able to get it through Google; vehicles are 11101, 11105, 11107-11110.

Edited by Busjack

• 4 months later...

The awarded contracts page has:

414141Sale of Surplus Equipment (vehicles, etc.)IFBThe Sale of Six (6) Used 23 Foot Hybrid Vehicles

Opened, not yet Awarded

Update: I was still able to get it through Google; vehicles are 11101, 11105, 11107-11110.

If you want to buy one, Asia Motors has one listed for $29,795.*

Maybe explaining the 111-- fleet number, the CarFax says that it was manufactured in 2010, but not sold and titled until 2011.

*Pace Awarded Bids page says that Asia Motors, Inc. bought 6 at $43,000. 

• 6 months later...

Am a Driver supervisior at cdt. We are the biggest and busiest paratransit company in the Chicagoland area. Pace just recently gave us 4 paratransit buses, particularly brand new. I wasn't able to give the vehicle numbers for them but as soon as i can i will. I'll keep you guys posted. Just remember, One of them is number 142091

Edited by Bus fanatic30

1 hour ago, Bus fanatic30 said:

Am a Driver supervisior at cdt. We are the biggest and busiest paratransit company in the Chicagoland area. Pace just recently gave us 4 paratransit buses, particularly brand new. I wasn't able to give the vehicle numbers for them but as soon as i can i will. I'll keep you guys posted. Just remember, One of them is number 142091

That would be a new, short one, but I'm surprised Pace is giving its equipment to a city contractor.

MV has a mixture of Pace equipment for the North Cook contract, but its own for the north side of Chicago one.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/22/2016 at 10:27 PM, Bus fanatic30 said:

I'm a paratransit rider in Chicago, and I've ridden 14221 and 14295 with CDT.  Were you ever able to get the numbers of the other 142 buses?  Also, how many do they have?

8 hours ago, Bus fanatic30 said:

We have a total of 4, which been base at our other garage on Chicago Ave

Do you know the explanation, as Chicago contractors are supposed to provide their own equipment?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...