7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

9 minutes ago, ChicagoNova said:

8202 & 8224 in service already & at Chicago Garage? WHOA!! I didn't even see those at the South Shops yet. How did they get in service so fast?

I guess you missed yesterday's hijinks. I guess I could add a disclaimer to the shots if there's confusion.

3 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

The last two days (Thursday and today) 9 and X9 have been exclusively Nova LFS instead of the mix of New Flyers and Nova's it was previously.

This is true lol it was only 2 NF buses on Ashland yesterday but the rest we're Novas. I had that route yesterday as well.

On 3/31/2016 at 1:29 AM, sw4400 said:

@garmon757, I didn't mean to "tow the line", so-to-speak.... I found something that might have some merit and brought it out to the open just as a focal point of something electrical that could've gone awry.... no way implying anything about Nova as a whole.... they make great buses as their 2000-2002 fleet that remains with the CTA can attest.... they've been through hell and back and are still chugging along to this day(well, about half anyway). I do not want to get anyone in trouble in any way.... I could've probably mentioned the theory without it, but I wanted something to backup mentioning about a wire possibly causing the fire, and the tie in to reports I seen on this forum(maybe here or under the breakdown thread) about random 7900-Series Novas cutting out totally and not restarting has merit to the possibility of something related to electrical. But to clarify the most important statement here.... I am in no way implying Nova Bus has anything to do with this or has bad buses..... stuff like this happens with lots of new vehicles.

That being said, I hope you got yourself a nice backpack and a gaming mouse(any maybe a few good games to go with that)... but only if the Price Is Right!!! :D 

I could make you a picture, but then I really would be fired!! o.O:(

I saw some operator tonight on the #77, with a surgical mask on. I didn't know if he was protecting us from him or he was protecting himself from us. I was thinking this operator needs a tank sneeze guard bad!! I never saw an operator with a mask before. Kind of reminded me of Michael Jackson.

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I saw some operator tonight on the #77, with a surgical mask on. I didn't know if he was protecting us from him or he was protecting himself from us. I was thinking this operator needs a tank sneeze guard bad!! I never saw an operator with a mask before. Kind of reminded me of Michael Jackson.

The Purge effect???? :ph34r:

On 4/8/2016 at 2:40 PM, busfan2847 said:

The last two days (Thursday and today) 9 and X9 have been exclusively Nova LFS instead of the mix of New Flyers and Nova's it was previously.

Hmmm explains why just about every bus on Ashland this morning is a Nova and why one of the early N9 buses I saw Thursday night was a Nova when overnight service has typically been done with NFs. I wonder why the sudden decision to do this.

4 hours ago, jajuan said:

Hmmm explains why just about every bus on Ashland this morning is a Nova and why one of the early N9 buses I saw Thursday night was a Nova when overnight service has typically been done with NFs. I wonder why the sudden decision to do this.

Maybe something to do with the swapocalypse  that's occurring with the New Flyers is my only guess.

21 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Maybe something to do with the swapocalypse  that's occurring with the New Flyers is my only guess.

And it's still continuing. There are zero NFs on Ashland as of this moment. Whatever the reason 74th is doing this, it's not a bright idea to do longterm from a practical standpoint, because they're running upwards of 30-something of their newest buses on the busiest and longest route corridor assigned to them almost everyday and therefore wearing those buses down at a faster rate as a result.

19 minutes ago, jajuan said:

And it's still continuing. There are zero NFs on Ashland as of this moment. Whatever the reason 74th is doing this, it's not a bright idea to do longterm from a practical standpoint, because they're running upwards of 30-something of their newest buses on the busiest and longest route corridor assigned to them almost everyday and therefore wearing those buses down at a faster rate as a result.

On the other hand, they are hardly running any on Western (only 2 at the moment). So, whatever the reason, that balances out.

What it could be is what buses have traffic signal preemption equipment, as the project page says that implementation starts with Ashland south of Cermak in Spring 2016. Western isn't until the end of 2016.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

On the other hand, they are hardly running any on Western (only 2 at the moment). So, whatever the reason, that balances out.

What it could be is what buses have traffic signal preemption equipment, as the project page says that implementation starts with Ashland south of Cermak in Spring 2016. Western isn't until the end of 2016.

I actually was thinking of that during the weekend on the TSP equipment. They'd have to start equipping some NFs with that equipment too though if that is the reason for Ashland going all Nova for a number of reasons. When they get started on Western, 74th wouldn't have many Novas to place on other routes if 60-70% are tied up running all the local and express runs out of that garage on both Ashland and Western. NP shares the 49 and X49 routes and has no Nova buses, and most of us were leaning toward NP not being in the running for any 7900 series Novas. So it makes sense for both the NF standard size and the newer Novas to be TSP equipped. Of course that would mean there would be a limitation on NP and 74th assigned NF swap moves.

15 minutes ago, jajuan said:

They'd have to start equipping some NFs with that equipment too though if that is the reason for Ashland going all Nova for a number of reasons.

It hit me as similar to when NP got some Novas when Archer closed, because they had that generation of TSP equipment. The current round  may be just the start until more equipment is installed.

But it was another Nova day on Ashland.... every bus I saw was all Nova.... 8000,8005,8006,8007,8009,8010....

Come and knock on my door
We've be waiting for you
Where the buses are hers and hers and his
And all Nova's too

Getting nostalgic with all this lately!!! :PxD 

• Upvote 2