7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

7 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

In fact according to the VIN's that have been found so far, the 8178-8199 group was built concurrently with NYCTA's buses. New York's order is for 414 of which roughly 300 have been built so far.

If they're building TA by TA. Once they are done with a certain quantity of New York's order of 414(say for example 100 in an option), then they switch and do a quantity of CTA's order, switch back to New York's and CTA's until both are completed. If another order comes in, it'll probably be on backorder until the CTA/NY orders are done.

2 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

In fact according to the VIN's that have been found so far, the 8178-8199 group was built concurrently with NYCTA's buses. New York's order is for 414 of which roughly 300 have been built so far.

Yeah that's what I figured but my thinking is NY is getting 3/4 of the assembly line and Chicago has one quarter like maybe one line to four lines running. I don't know if NY has an option on the 414, but a happy customer buys the option. They have CTA's money. It's like fast food places, they rush to take your money and leave you sitting waiting on the order.

9 hours ago, BusHunter said:

They have CTA's money. It's like fast food places, they rush to take your money and leave you sitting waiting on the order.

Both are untrue. They don't get any CTA money until there is a derivable bus in the plant. Also, the representation made when the option was exercised was that deliveries would start in May 2016. All you prove is that you want instant gratification, like the 5/3 man.

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Both are untrue. They don't get any CTA money until there is a derivable bus in the plant. Also, the representation made when the option was exercised was that deliveries would start in May 2016. All you prove is that you want instant gratification, like the 5/3 man.

When they signed an option basically they have their money. They can only lose the contract then by breaching it and that takes legal teams. That would be like suing CTA for a late 'L". It's not really worth anyone's time. The company is concerned with contracts and options because those affect their productivity. No contracts no jobs no company.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

When they signed an option basically they have their money.

Obviously not, if you read the contract, and unlike the L contract, they have to produce to get paid. Maybe they can floorplan the contract to a bank, but they don't get paid by CTA except in a trickling stream, probably over the next 12 months. Hence, unlike what you think, there is no incentive to delay deliveries, and again, if you read the contract, it said that Nova has to give its production schedule to CTA. Apparently not to Andre or you. though.

I

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Obviously not, if you read the contract, and unlike the L contract, they have to produce to get paid. Maybe they can floorplan the contract to a bank, but they don't get paid by CTA except in a trickling stream, probably over the next 12 months. Hence, unlike what you think, there is no incentive to delay deliveries, and again, if you read the contract, it said that Nova has to give its production schedule to CTA. Apparently not to Andre or you. though.

A contract is a contract. Of course if you don't bide by the contract you breech it. But any attorney should know that unless your not who you claim to be.

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I

A contract is a contract. Of course if you don't {a}bide by the contract you bre{a}ch it. But any attorney should know that unless your not who you claim to be.

Obviously, (1) you can't spell, and (2) a contract only means what it says. Obviously you claim to be what you are, which is the end of this conversation.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 4:53 PM, jajuan said:

Hmmm the way things are setting up suggest you could be wrong at least on FG going all NF. If they wished FG to get more NFs during this time, they could have easily done so for these past few weeks instead of realigning your former home garage 103rd to have buses 1034-1210 after getting FG settled with 1000-1033. Why go through the trouble of giving FG a numerical sequence and place the next numerical sequence of NFs at 103rd going up to about the number of 40 foot buses that garage needs if they wanted to make FG all NF and keep with the current apparent moves of getting the rest of the garages in a contiguous alignment of their assigned NFs? They could have worked on FG being all NF for the past several weeks by continuing past 1033 instead of lining up 1034 and up going through to 1210 at 103rd. So being all NF is not the CTA's plan for FG as the current evidence of NF assignments and continual shifts in their assignments show. Don't be so quick to count FG out of the game for 7900 series just yet. Let's actually see what happens with 8200 and up as more new Novas come in and get checked at South Shops before we go too far in predictions about what's going to happen at FG.

If FG was getting the 8200s  which I highly doubt!   FG would have already completed a driver familiarization with the new bus for the operators. We would have seen visually and you would have posted here that an "8200 was operating on an FG route". None of that has occurred! The remainders are going to Chicago and Im sure 103rd. 103rd and Chicago are sending more of the old crap up this way!

2 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

If FG was getting the 8200s  which I highly doubt!   FG would have already completed a driver familiarization with the new bus for the operators. We would have seen visually and you would have posted here that an "8200 was operating on an FG route". None of that has occurred! The remainders are going to Chicago and Im sure 103rd. 103rd and Chicago are sending more of the old crap up this way!

Then why are the two buses there?

50 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Then why are the two buses there?

Yeah, if the buses were going to 103rd, the two at FG makes no sense.

1 hour ago, CTA5750 said:

It's definitely not for a retirement ceremony. xD As that's the spare lot where the junk buses go. It just seems like it's a restricted lot, as in do not touch. They don't want anyone taking these out yet unless the transportation manager either gives the order or receives the go ahead. Let me remind everyone, it is now May 1st and what was supposed to go in service in May? And the timing of these buses arriving at FG seems ultimately timed for that. The reason #8200 isn't at FG is because it's still at south shops and belongs to no one yet. When those buses leave that lot they are then in the general fg fleet but there use is probably still restricted. Also these #8200's might be coming in so slow that there is no hurry in implementing this. Hence the timing issue in training the drivers. Realistically we may not see #8200's in service until the end of the month in a non training aspect.

4 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Wow someone is in a negative type mood today. Please explain to us CTA5750 why do you think #8197 & #8199 are parked at FG? What just because CTA wanted to make the FG look nicer or is it that the Chicago garage ran out of room to park buses. O.o Lol

20 hours ago, BusOps said:

Wow someone is in a negative type mood today. Please explain to us CTA5750 why do you think #8197 & #8199 are parked at FG? What just because CTA wanted to make the FG look nicer or is it that the Chicago garage ran out of room to park buses. O.o Lol

BH and Jack already said pretty much what I would have said to his most recent rant so no need for me to say anything further this time even if he quoted and directed his post to me directly.

• Upvote 1

I work over at FG & three times today I've heard FG is receiving the new novas. One source said a tech had stated it will happen, another was a union steward & the third was a Operator who said he was asked if he wanted to be familiarized with the new bus. I also heard it's gonna be mixed half flyers & half novas. So we'll see.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Express Flyer said:

I work over at FG & three times today I've heard FG is receiving the new novas. One source said a tech had stated it will happen, another was a union steward & the third was a Operator who said he was asked if he wanted to be familiarized with the new bus. I also heard it's gonna be mixed half flyers & half novas. So we'll see.

Makes the most sense. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Express Flyer said:

Interesting. In order for it to be half novas they would have to receive less novas and more NF's. Like say they received 75 #8200's, then they would have to receive 50 or so NF's, the offset of 125 buses. (#8200 - #8325) I don't really see that happening, but maybe I'm wrong. Since CTA has gone out of their way to make FG the Nova capital, I see that continuing with very few NF's compared with other garages. In fact I see them becoming all nova again once the #1000 replacements show up, but they could get Novas for the electric bus order also.

3 hours ago, Express Flyer said:

If they follow the verbiage "half New Flyers and half Novas" to the letter, then it should work out to a 125/125 split. 8200-8324 and 1000-1224 will eventually be what FG should look like if CTA follows the consolidation of fleet block numbers*. If not, any combination could be possible.

*=Maybe not in 2016, but at some point in 2017 or maybe even early half of 2018.

25 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

If they follow the verbiage "half New Flyers and half Novas" to the letter, then it should work out to a 125/125 split. 8200-8324 and 1000-1224 will eventually be what FG should look like if CTA follows the consolidation of fleet block numbers*. If not, any combination could be possible.

*=Maybe not in 2016, but at some point in 2017 or maybe even early half of 2018.

One you mistyped. 125 NFs would be 1000-1124 if they decided to do one contiguous set of NFs. Two, consolidating number blocks does not necessarily mean assigning only one contiguous set. It's possible they keep 1000-1033 in place but assign 91 other from another group of fleet numbers. Three, half and half does not necessarily mean an even 125/125 split as the final total count might be slightly more or slightly less. Logically speaking, less might be a good guess given the 6400s being overwhelmingly retired from CTA's roster and getting 8200-8324 in whatever final setup significantly reduces average bus age there and brings the needed spare ratio down, meaning it possibly would need even less buses than thought. Remember 250 is the count for FG under a roster of all 6400s after it regained the #76. Either way, few of us works for CTA and can't say with any certainty what FG's NF roster will look like against a likely possible acquisition of 8200-8324.

9 hours ago, jajuan said:

One you mistyped. 125 NFs would be 1000-1124 if they decided to do one contiguous set of NFs. Two, consolidating number blocks does not necessarily mean assigning only one contiguous set. It's possible they keep 1000-1033 in place but assign 91 other from another group of fleet numbers. Three, half and half does not necessarily mean an even 125/125 split as the final total count might be slightly more or slightly less. Logically speaking, less might be a good guess given the 6400s being overwhelmingly retired from CTA's roster and getting 8200-8324 in whatever final setup significantly reduces average bus age there and brings the needed spare ratio down, meaning it possibly would need even less buses than thought. Remember 250 is the count for FG under a roster of all 6400s after it regained the #76. Either way, few of us works for CTA and can't say with any certainty what FG's NF roster will look like against a likely possible acquisition of 8200-8324.

True, jajaun..... I'm just going off all this conversation about putting whole number blocks back together again. I wonder if this might have something to do with the TSP devices CTA is installing..... thoughts on that???

And yes, I saw my typo after pointed out..... I am human..... :P