7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

#8210, #8213, #8215, and #8246 (you're kidding me right?) have arrived.

That's 15 buses now. They must have built up to #8246 at Novabus then. They have had a few months, like around 90 days between the arrival of #8198, #8199 and now, so it's feasible they could have built that many. They have to build 125 buses in a year so roughly a third per season is on schedule. They could have even done a fourth and been on schedule. Looks like the FG rollout will be at least 10 buses, they'll probably have 20-25 at SS by then at least. I see the next 10 coming close behind the first, so FG could have a reasonable 20 buses by July 4th or mid July.

4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

#8210, #8213, #8215, and #8246 (you're kidding me right?) have arrived.

Many of the first batch of arrivals may be ready for service, but what's the hangup you may ask??? It's probably going back to that FG Line Instructor who said that all 500 Bus Operators must be familiar with the Novas before they can be put into service. I don't think FG can park new buses there with disabled Novas that are at/near end of life cluttering up the lots.

13 minutes ago, i8itall4u said:

THE WAIT IS OVER-THE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED. 8200 has been officially assigned to Forest Glen garage.

Now all we need to see is it and its sister buses on the road, and it should finally be enough to satisfy 5750 that this is really going to happen for FG. 

13 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Now all we need to see is it and its sister buses on the road, and it should finally be enough to satisfy 5750 that this is really going to happen for FG. 

Yeah I think this Belmont thing might get the buses out there. It seems to have been brought to the attention of hq that the buses are late, so they will be trying to remedy that. I wouldn't doubt they get the first 10 by the weekend. They might all be mostly on the #77 though, but they do have NF's so maybe not. The first one's usually hang around jeff pk because it has a point supervisor. We'll probably see one on the #85 or one of the feeders but really any route would be in the lottery to get the first ones.

12 minutes ago, BusOps said:

CTA has already put in place methods to decrease the delays on 77 Belmont. Between 3-7p there is prepaid boarding ....

There is already a thread on this, in which it was discussed that there are other problems in addition to loading time at the Blue Line.

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah I think this Belmont thing might get the buses out there. It seems to have been brought to the attention of hq that the buses are late, so they will be trying to remedy that. I wouldn't doubt they get the first 10 by the weekend. They might all be mostly on the #77 though, but they do have NF's so maybe not. The first one's usually hang around jeff pk because it has a point supervisor. We'll probably see one on the #85 or one of the feeders but really any route would be in the lottery to get the first ones.

That's probably their first assignment.... #77 Belmont. FG will probably concentrate the trained Bus Operators to Belmont to operate the new Novas, this way an Operator trained pulls them out of Forest Glen for assignment and a trained relief for lunch/end of day takes over at Belmont & Central. I don't know how long it'll take to have 500 FG Operators learn about the Novas, whatever they need to know. But the Line Instructor says they do them in groups of six, and 8197 and 8199 are there for training, so twelve Bus Operators per session if both buses are utilized. Anyone want to take a stab at how long it'll take to train all 500? I'd say a month if they began in the first week of May, so they should be all close to completion, notwithstanding vacationing and disciplined(as in suspended) Bus Operators.

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

But is there a cause and effect relationship? ;)

Seeing that CTA are replacing the old Novas with new ones and seeing that 77th, 74th, and Chicago are equipped with Novas and seeing that Forest Glen got the last batch of 6400's when they were placed in service and how the older Novas that are being replaced, those factors played a role in my prediction.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jajuan said:

I know this is one time our members who thought this wouldn't happen are glad to be proven wrong.

Yeah but they still haven't gone in service yet. xD:P So wth happened, #8197 and #8199 never went into service on the street. That's not what they did before. So what route is going to go first and why wasn't it with a training bus? One thing I did say that is panning out is this relationship to prepaid boarding on the #77, it's coming in 4 days and what showed up today and might still be showing up this weekend?

So if a bus is officially FG can that bus be requested then? Or does it take someone with heavy seniority to get it at first?

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but they still haven't gone in service yet. xD:P So wth happened, #8197 and #8199 never went into service on the street. That's not what they did before. So what route is going to go first and why wasn't it with a training bus? One thing I did say that is panning out is this relationship to prepaid boarding on the #77, it's coming in 4 days and what showed up today and might still be showing up this weekend?

So if a bus is officially FG can that bus be requested then? Or does it take someone with heavy seniority to get it at first?

Ha ha I was going to say when will they go on the road is now the predominant question. Also looking at how FG also has NFs, I'm still not sure the prepaid test is necessarily connected to their debut. The NF loan part definitely didn't pan out as our buddy Garmon reported just about all of them having returned to NP. :PxD

7 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Ha ha I was going to say when will they go on the road is now the predominant question. Also looking at how FG also has NFs, I'm still not sure the prepaid test is necessarily connected to their debut. The NF loan part definitely didn't pan out as our buddy Garmon reported just about all of them having returned to NP. :PxD

That NF loan I don't get because why would they loan buses for one day when the replacements (#8200's) may be here today but not in service. I don't know if the prepaid boarding has to do with this 100 percent but you have to admit it's a hell of a coincidence. xD Does CTA really want to start prepaid boarding with an old junk? That press conference would be embarrassing. :$

11 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

That NF loan I don't get because why would they loan buses for one day when the replacements (#8200's) may be here today but not in service. I don't know if the prepaid boarding has to do with this 100 percent but you have to admit it's a hell of a coincidence. xD Does CTA really want to start prepaid boarding with an old junk? That press conference would be embarrassing. :$

Ha ha they could probably use a new Nova for cosmetic purposes for pictures but debut them on a different route. Remember how the mayor introduced the series as a whole to Chicago at a press conference located at 74th but the first buses of the series went to 77th instead while 74th, Chicago and FG at the time had more junker Novas pushed on them? The big difference here as consolation is that at least this next round of New Novas are actually getting assigned to FG. 

4 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Ha ha they could probably use a new Nova for cosmetic purposes for pictures but debut them on a different route. Remember how the mayor introduced the series as a whole to Chicago at a press conference located at 74th but the first buses of the series went to 77th instead while 74th, Chicago and FG at the time had more junker Novas pushed on them? The big difference here as consolation is that at least this next round of New Novas are actually getting assigned to FG. 

But still aren't in service. :P Well at least they look nice in the yard!! xD

8 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

But still aren't in service. :P Well at least they look nice in the yard!! xD

Like you I can't understand the hold up outside of the part about training that sw4400 mentioned that the line instructor he spoke to had told him. 

56 minutes ago, BusOps said:

You guys are so funny. You over think. As a "insider " you are way off base .

So what about what the Line Instructor from FG saying that all Bus Operators need to be trained before the 8200's can enter service? That there are over 500 Operators at FG and they train in groups of 6/time? This is info I got from the Line Instructor driving a bus recently.